If Wenger resigned, or got sacked

LegendofCoop

Haha! Can't believe you're even talking about it.

Never. In a million years.

But it would be brilliant.

The only thing worse than the original question was McBoyd's reply.

GIUY.

Its my opinion, i don't think he'd be right for the job.

OH WAIT.. did you want to hear..

Lets become mass corporate sell outs, a french B side.. :craphead:doh..

Arsenal were good for a while, during that 100 game undefeated run..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't take Arsene Wenger for Rangers?

I'm struggling to take you seriously from this point on!

No i wouldn't.

He's a good manager yes, but he has plenty to spend at Arsenal on players, of course he has youngens coming through, but for a large part of the last few years it wasn't "Arsenal v Manchester United", it was "France v Man U"..

.. and i don't think he'd be able to cope with the fact minty would give him a few bob to spend or get bosmans/loans in.

But who knows? He might do well. We'll never find out anyhow.

I'd take Alex Ferguson :P

.. and i don't think he'd be able to cope with the fact minty would give him a few bob to spend or get bosmans/loans in.

What makes you pick that?

If Wenger had the £30m that Walter's had to spend, we'd be walking this league.

You cannot accuse Wenger of not being able to cope with no money. Picking up brilliant players like Cesc for hardly anything (and often for free) is what Wenger does best.

No, we need Rangers men in the job ones who love the club - fcuk that

See, Le Guen knew shit all about the club and had no love for the club.

Look how that went.

And has Walter won the league since he came back, with 10 times more money than Le Guen?

Didn't think so.

You cannot accuse Wenger of not being able to cope with no money. Picking up brilliant players like Cesc for hardly anything (and often for free) is what Wenger does best.

True, but then other parts of the Arsenal team cost him a bit.

I'm not saying he's a not a good manager, but it'd be similar to Le Guen again, remember? Le Guen was ment to be able to pick out brilliant young players from nowhere, and do wonders with a team with not too much to spend..

That went great :craphead:

Letizi doh <_<

No i wouldn't.

He's a good manager yes, but he has plenty to spend at Arsenal on players, of course he has youngens coming through, but for a large part of the last few years it wasn't "Arsenal v Manchester United", it was "France v Man U"..

Oh dear doh

Look how that went.

And has Walter won the league since he came back, with 10 times more money than Le Guen?

Didn't think so.

But did Walter get us to a Uefa Cup Final, win two cups and take it to the last day of the season for the league?

I think yes.

If the tims hadn't cheated last seasons league title, alot of this board would be sat here alot happier bears (well until the Kaunaus debacle doh but...)

No i wouldn't.

Oh dear doh

Care to debate/express views, or just going to post oh dears?

True, but then other parts of the Arsenal team cost him a bit.

I'm not saying he's a not a good manager, but it'd be similar to Le Guen again, remember? Le Guen was ment to be able to pick out brilliant young players from nowhere, and do wonders with a team with not too much to spend..

That went great :craphead:

Letizi doh <_<

Le Guen was never famed for his ability to pick up brilliant youngsters IMO. He'd never really done it at Lyon with the exception of creating the phenomenon that is Benzema.

He did make mistakes at us, but his legacy was more as a coach who made his players fit and healthy and made them play decent football - which we did, but possibly not effective enough for the SPL.

Look how that went.

Didn't think so.

But did Walter get us to a Uefa Cup Final, win two cups and take it to the last day of the season for the league?

I think yes.

If the tims hadn't cheated last seasons league title, alot of this board would be sat here alot happier bears (well until the Kaunaus debacle doh but...)

Everyone else's fault but ours.......:rolleyes:

So for £30m, we've struggled to two cups against Dundee Utd and QOTS.

Brilliant, I'm so proud :(

Le Guen was never famed for his ability to pick up brilliant youngsters IMO. He'd never really done it at Lyon with the exception of creating the phenomenon that is Benzema.

He did make mistakes at us, but his legacy was more as a coach who made his players fit and healthy and made them play decent football - which we did, but possibly not effective enough for the SPL.

He came thinking he could walk the SPL, he didn't research it one bit.

If we go back, i remember backing him saying i didn't want him to leave doh

Everyone else's fault but ours.......:rolleyes:

So for £30m, we've struggled to two cups against Dundee Utd and QOTS.

Brilliant, I'm so proud :(

:lol: I knew you would be :unionflag:

You rolleyes at the "celtic cheating the league" last year, but i bet back earlier this year you said similar things..

He came thinking he could walk the SPL, he didn't research it one bit.

If we go back, i remember backing him saying i didn't want him to leave doh

If he'd been given the cash that Walter's been given, I don't think we'd currently be doing any worse under Le Guen than we are currently.

Begs the question - Has any progress actually been made?

But that's for another thread :D

If he'd been given the cash that Walter's been given, I don't think we'd currently be doing any worse under Le Guen than we are currently.

Begs the question - Has any progress actually been made?

But that's for another thread :D

:lol: Theres a thread/debate starter... :lol:

No i wouldn't.

Oh dear doh

Care to debate/express views, or just going to post oh dears?

So did you complain that it was Holland vs Celtic when Advocaat signed umpteen Dutch players, or are you just picking up on the France vs Man Utd point because you don't support Arsenal?

As far as spending goes, Arsenal's chairman has said that Wenger has spent no more than 4-5 million net per season since, he went there so your arguement about him not being able to cope with a small budget is also a non starter.

Everybody talks about his attacking approach, but he built a defence which got to a Champions League final, setting the record for the most games without conceding a goal in thr process, for 5 million.......we bought Kyle Lafferty and Kenny Miller for 5.5 million.

It would never happen, but to insinuate that Wenger would fail up here on the basis that PLG failed is ridicilous.

Wenger would be a fantastic manager for almost every team on the planet. I can't believe you'd rather have Smith than him.

Did i say i'd rather have smith? doh

You've been outlining the case for him...

I only mentioned Walter as Papa brought him up when i said Le Guen was shite.

Doesn't mean i'd rather Walter over Wenger does it?

You've explained why Walter would be favourable based on last season and you've also said that given the choice, you wouldn't want Wenger. As Wenger would be coming in to replace Smith, you can draw the conclusion that you would rather have Smith than bring in Wenger.

I explained why Walters season last season was better than Le Guens, even with "10 times the budget"

I wouldn't want Wenger, doesn't mean i wouldn't want someone else instead of Smith does it?

Smith gone, i wouldn't want Wenger, but we'd still need someone else to take the reigns.

So you are telling me what i said, putting words into my mouth.

Its just as easy as if i said i didn't want Alex Mcleish to come back to rangers this summer, would you then claim that because Smith was leaving, and would be replaced by Mcleish i would pick Smith over Mcleish?

BBC gossip page reckond Real Madrid are gonna try steal him in the summer. Nuff said!

I thought they would have been eyeing up Walter Smith :rolleyes:

After all he did get us to a Uefa Cup Final, won two cups and threw away a ten point lead to gift Celtic the title last year.

He's far better than Wenger.

So did you complain that it was Holland vs Celtic when Advocaat signed umpteen Dutch players, or are you just picking up on the France vs Man Utd point because you don't support Arsenal?

Yes, i did actually, i preferred it when it was a 3 foreigner rule.

Nothing to do with me supporting Arsenal or not.

As far as spending goes, Arsenal's chairman has said that Wenger has spent no more than 4-5 million net per season since, he went there so your arguement about him not being able to cope with a small budget is also a non starter.

Everybody talks about his attacking approach, but he built a defence which got to a Champions League final, setting the record for the most games without conceding a goal in thr process, for 5 million.......we bought Kyle Lafferty and Kenny Miller for 5.5 million.

It would never happen, but to even suggest that Wenger would fail up here on the basis that PLG failed is ridicilous.

Arsenal drag in money from alot of places, advertising, etc.. Ok so they spent 5 million and got to a Champions League final.. i'd LOVE to see the wage bracket some of them were on. Something would could never afford with the money we rake in, and Minty at the reigns.

And look at the team, there are about 6 players there who are english/british, most of them not in the first team.

Some people complain on here (not saying you direcrtly) about bringing up the youngsters through the system, and how Scotland internationally is shite because we don't bring up quality youngsters anymore, and yet bringing in Wenger could lead to a similar problem. Foreigners over taking the team.

I preferred Arsenal back in the 90's to be honest, Ian Wright, Tony Adams, David Seaman, Keown, Parlour, Viera one of the only foreigners.

Same with Rangers, i preffered the days of Gazza, Goram, Hatley, Mccoist..

Personally i'd not like to see a Rangers team consisting of hardly any scots.