If Wenger resigned, or got sacked

LegendofCoop

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Charbonnier a failure?

He was a FANTASTIC keeper until that fateful injury where he collided with the post. Literally a complete stand-out at the time!

I guess he was another Michael Mols?

He was.

Charbonnier was a brilliant keeper. If he'd stayed fit then he would easily (IMO) have been better than Klos.

Some of his saves were stunning.

I'd like to see a quality Rangers side and that means leaving out Scots - unless you have players like Hutton and Thomson.

Why not look at training the scots to be better then?

Of course some foreign flare is great in a side, but i'd hate to see a foreign side in Britain, with a hint of scottish flare.

Yes, i did actually, i preferred it when it was a 3 foreigner rule.

Nothing to do with me supporting Arsenal or not.

So you would rather have Lee McCulloch, Kirk Broadfoot and Kenny Miller as opposed to Gio Van Bronkhorst, Artur Numan and Michael Mols?

Arsenal drag in money from alot of places, advertising, etc.. Ok so they spent 5 million and got to a Champions League final.. i'd LOVE to see the wage bracket some of them were on. Something would could never afford with the money we rake in, and Minty at the reigns..

Campbell aside, they probably weren't on that much at the time.

If Wenger can sign a player for £500,000 he isn't going to automatically give him a £50k a week contract.

He'll probably give them a decent contract, but not a great one until they prove they are up to the level needed.

Some people complain on here (not saying you direcrtly) about bringing up the youngsters through the system, and how Scotland internationally is shite because we don't bring up quality youngsters anymore, and yet bringing in Wenger could lead to a similar problem. Foreigners over taking the team.

It's about the bigger picture.

Somebody like Wenger would completely change the face of the SPL, in much the same way that he, along with Ajax, changed the whole concept of youth development and scouting.

Teams would be forced to adapt to new modern methods where technique takes priority over hill sprints and in the long term that is going to improve the national team, as we would be producing better players.

If they aren't good enough to make it at Rangers/Arsenal then they can go elsewhere and bring the overall standad of the league better.

For example guys like Sidwell, Bentley, Hoyte, James, Harper, Alliadere, Upson, Larsson, Pennent, Muamba, O'Hara and Diarra have all been dubbed as not good enough for Arsenal but had success elsewhere.

Having better players, regardless of nationality, is only going to improve the league.

I preferred Arsenal back in the 90's to be honest, Ian Wright, Tony Adams, David Seaman, Keown, Parlour....

All players who's careers were significantly extended and improved because of Arsene Wenger modernsing the club.

I preferred Arsenal back in the 90's to be honest, Ian Wright, Tony Adams, David Seaman, Keown, Parlour....

All players who's careers were significantly extended and improved because of Arsene Wenger modernsing the club.

McBoyd defeats his own argument right there.

Every single one of those players (apart from Wright) has credited Wenger with adding an 3-5 years onto their careers, due to his continental approach to dieting and fitness.

It's about the bigger picture.

Somebody like Wenger would completely change the face of the SPL, in much the same way that he, along with Ajax, changed the whole concept of youth development and scouting.

Teams would be forced to adapt to new modern methods where technique takes priority over hill sprints and in the long term that is going to improve the national team, as we would be producing better players.

If they aren't good enough to make it at Rangers/Arsenal then they can go elsewhere and bring the overall standad of the league better.

For example guys like Sidwell, Bentley, Hoyte, James, Harper, Alliadere, Upson, Larsson, Pennent, Muamba, O'Hara and Diarra have all been dubbed as not good enough for Arsenal but had success elsewhere.

Having better players, regardless of nationality, is only going to improve the league.

Ok, i accept your point there.

If he was to use his methods of training and dietry at Rangers, that'd be great, but i think it'd be better if he worked on the Scottish players we have here, or bringing up the youngsters, and training them, and changing the diets of the players, so we get a better national side, and just in general a better, scottish hearted team, with some foreign flare (which is always good).

But, i'm just worried we'd lose the tradition of the club, i just don't want a whole team of foreigners with one or two scots to be honest.

, with a hint of scottish flare

What is scottish flare? Adams pie eating skills?

But, i'm just worried we'd lose the tradition of the club, i just don't want a whole team of foreigners with one or two scots to be honest.

Rangers would be picking up players like Wilshere and Merida under Wenger and would win the title with no real problem.

Fuck scottish players. Most are useless anyway.

.. and i don't think he'd be able to cope with the fact minty would give him a few bob to spend or get bosmans/loans in.

What makes you pick that?

If Wenger had the £30m that Walter's had to spend, we'd be walking this league.

You cannot accuse Wenger of not being able to cope with no money. Picking up brilliant players like Cesc for hardly anything (and often for free) is what Wenger does best.

Aye, he's often rejected he offer from the board to spend big to develop youngsters at a cheaper price.

.. and i don't think he'd be able to cope with the fact minty would give him a few bob to spend or get bosmans/loans in.

You cannot accuse Wenger of not being able to cope with no money. Picking up brilliant players like Cesc for hardly anything (and often for free) is what Wenger does best.

True, but then other parts of the Arsenal team cost him a bit.

I'm not saying he's a not a good manager, but it'd be similar to Le Guen again, remember? Le Guen was ment to be able to pick out brilliant young players from nowhere, and do wonders with a team with not too much to spend..

That went great :craphead:

Letizi doh <_<

Letizi wasn't young.

True, but then other parts of the Arsenal team cost him a bit.

I'm not saying he's a not a good manager, but it'd be similar to Le Guen again, remember? Le Guen was ment to be able to pick out brilliant young players from nowhere, and do wonders with a team with not too much to spend..

That went great :craphead:

Letizi doh <_<

Letizi wasn't young.

Yeh sorry that was just a LETIZI doh in general, not related to the young comment.

(tu) Was thinking the exact same thing!

Also: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/200...ew_england.html