Bomber Brown backing 11m bid

RANGERS legend John Brown has revealed why he is fronting a dramatic £11million bid to rescue the Ibrox side.

As controversy raged over the business past of his chief investors, Brown last night opened his heart to SunSport on his consortium’s quest to tempt new owner Green into talks.

Gers diehard Bomber, currently the club’s transfer scout, said: “Rangers are my life and I will do anything to help it be saved. I would not be putting my hat in the ring if I didn’t think this was a viable option for Rangers.

“Rangers are a fantastic investment in my eyes. The proof of funds is there and it is up to the people in charge to make a decision now.”

Those funds will come from McKenna’s property company Aleftav and Brown hopes the cash on offer — £5m MORE than was offered by Walter Smith’s Dream Team — will spark fresh negotiations.

Bomber added: “Charles Green has done no wrong at Rangers, I want to stress that.

“It’s not just about taking over the club. We need serious funds to turn the club around.

“We have to go back to basics, there will be a lot of cuts.

“I just feel when those cuts are made we need people at the heart of the club that the fans believe in.

“If you have that you will have season tickets, corporate spending and the rest will follow.”

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGERS legend John Brown has revealed why he is fronting a dramatic £11million bid to rescue the Ibrox side.

As controversy raged over the business past of his chief investors, Brown last night opened his heart to SunSport on his consortium’s quest to tempt new owner Green into talks.

Gers diehard Bomber, currently the club’s transfer scout, said: “Rangers are my life and I will do anything to help it be saved. I would not be putting my hat in the ring if I didn’t think this was a viable option for Rangers.

“Rangers are a fantastic investment in my eyes. The proof of funds is there and it is up to the people in charge to make a decision now.”

Those funds will come from McKenna’s property company Aleftav and Brown hopes the cash on offer — £5m MORE than was offered by Walter Smith’s Dream Team — will spark fresh negotiations.

Bomber added: “Charles Green has done no wrong at Rangers, I want to stress that.

“It’s not just about taking over the club. We need serious funds to turn the club around.

“We have to go back to basics, there will be a lot of cuts.

“I just feel when those cuts are made we need people at the heart of the club that the fans believe in.

“If you have that you will have season tickets, corporate spending and the rest will follow.”

People at the heart of the club that the fans believe in?

A Yorkshireman or a Bheast?

No fuckin contest duck

Yesterday evening saw another development, the entrance into this great drama of Allan Bulloch, a Glasgow businessman who was once disqualified in the 1990s from being a company director for seven years and who was then declared bankrupt (twice) before re-inventing himself as Allan Stewart under which name he is said to be preparing an £11 million bid to buy Rangers along with his partner in their property developing firm, Stephen McKenna. Social networking went insane at the news. In a heartbeat their history was unveiled and it didn’t look good. HMRC once went after the pair of them for an unpaid tax bill of £78,000 and eventually wound up their company. Deja vu.

Tom English writes: http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/tom-english-walter-s-agony-what-about-agony-of-the-fans-1-2366077?