Something I've thought about

RFC55

Should the club begin dialogue with the ST holders who haven't renewed? Be it via questionnaire via email/phone/letter.

At that point they can try and set up a meeting with them over the course of a few nights and try to get them back? I know around 8 or 9 thousand can't all attended meetings but I'd imagine those who are totally against the regime wouldn't go but there will be folk who were just sick of everything but could be talked round by the club and at least made to feel that they matter?

This might be better when they have a business plan or that but surely the club haven't just let 8,9 or 10 thousand whatever the actual number is walk away?

Surely we can be proactive in trying to get folk back? The Raith game was pretty hard in all honesty, armed forces day and the numbers down on a day that's a guaranteed 45k plus.

It's probably not workable but surely we care as to why folk aren't going?

The ones who turned their backs on Rangers due to the board can stay away in my opinion.

Rangers should make contact with local schools and start getting the next generation of fans on board.

Any time Rangers are on the news it's negative stories so this could potentially put younger/new supporters off wanting to start following the greatest club in Scotland.

Our PR team should be doing their best to highlight just how good it is to be part of the Rangers support.

If the team could be a bit more entertaining on the pitch on a consistent basis that might help get people through the gates again.

I wouldn't take the attendance tonight as an indication of how season tickets will be next season. It's a mid week and the game is on tv. There was always going to be a poor turn out.

If SOS want to boycott they should try a Saturday 3pm kick off game and they would find out that most fans would tell them to piss off.

It is a good idea mate if this was a normal situation, I don't see why we should kiss these cunts arses to support their team though.

If this is what we're left with, at least it's the hardcore, loyal supporters.

I'd probably say an olive branch has to be held out at some point. Losing thousands of fans will just make it harder to compete as we should.

The Board need to do what's best for the success of the club.

Rangers shouldn't have to ask for someones support.

It is a good idea mate if this was a normal situation, I don't see why we should kiss these cunts arses to support their team though.

If this is what we're left with, at least it's the hardcore, loyal supporters.

Yip I get the points lads, but even looking at Walter saying it's pissed him off to the extent he's not really been there, surely there are other disgruntled guys who've been pissed off with the shite going on?

I'm not saying we should beg anyone but surely we should be trying to engage with them?

Kaz also makes a good point we ain't selling out the ground so go to the schools and youth clubs etc in the community. Get them in and get another generation if bears in. It's all doom and gloom when we are on the tv/news. This club hasn't been about football for the last 4 or 5 years and that's only going to drive folk away

I'd probably say an olive branch has to be held out at some point. Losing thousands of fans will just make it harder to compete as we should.

Inigo sums it up pretty well :lol:

That's basically what I was saying in a roundabout way (tu)

I know that, but these cunts cause trouble at every opportunity, slate the club in public, on radio, call the police etc.

The club should never chase people like that, I think a statement from Ashley would help things but there's more chance of Mohsni acting his age sometime soon.

It would be the correct business decision but wrong principle wise.

Its a good idea. The club don't give a shit about the fans though, they're treated with utter contempt and have been for a long time now. In fact with the current board, I don't know if its contempt or just a complete lack of brain cells.

Should the club begin dialogue with the ST holders who haven't renewed? Be it via questionnaire via email/phone/letter.

At that point they can try and set up a meeting with them over the course of a few nights and try to get them back? I know around 8 or 9 thousand can't all attended meetings but I'd imagine those who are totally against the regime wouldn't go but there will be folk who were just sick of everything but could be talked round by the club and at least made to feel that they matter?

This might be better when they have a business plan or that but surely the club haven't just let 8,9 or 10 thousand whatever the actual number is walk away?

Surely we can be proactive in trying to get folk back? The Raith game was pretty hard in all honesty, armed forces day and the numbers down on a day that's a guaranteed 45k plus.

It's probably not workable but surely we care as to why folk aren't going?

Sorry - if you want to support buy yer ticket - if your only here for the good times and the glory why should you be 'asked' back - first OF game or cup final these no pay - stay away wankers will be screaming for tickets!

Sorry - if you want to support buy yer ticket - if your only here for the good times and the glory why should you be 'asked' back - first OF game or cup final these no pay - stay away wankers will be screaming for tickets!

Surely not the uber boycotters?? They'll boycott their tellies when the games on.

:pipe:

Think you'll be lucky if there's 10k there tonight and basically sums it up for me

It's hard to see Ibrox like this tonight mate considering we were turning up midweek last couple of years getting 30k against lower opposition , i think the fans are fucked off with what's going on at boardroom level and the football McCoist has dished up.

The board need to address ASAP the way forward direction the club is heading and the stability imo, and maybe fans will come back every week.

I didn't renew my season ticket as I wasn't happy with what was going on still not happy but yet to miss a game at Ibrox this season. I said I would go game by game and have pissed off at others who said they would and haven't and IMO the club shouldn't have to approach us that didn't renew

I know that, but these cunts cause trouble at every opportunity, slate the club in public, on radio, call the police etc.

The club should never chase people like that, I think a statement from Ashley would help things but there's more chance of Mohsni acting his age sometime soon.

It would be the correct business decision but wrong principle wise.

I don't really give a flying fuck about the small number of instigators of all of this, your Houstons and the likes. But to me the principle of Rangers being the premier club in Scotland is more important that the principle of making the boycotters feel our wrath. Realpolitik has to be the thing here. We need the people that have been boycotting. It'd be nice if we were so strong that we didn't, but we're not. In the long run, Craig Houston and his likes are not important enough to let them get in the way of our returning to the top, which they will if we don't unify again. The Board at some point, as the brain of the club, is supposed to provide the club with generalship. On this occasion that needs to be done with a bit of practical necessity in mind. We need the bums back on the seats, and if it means the Board having to be the morally superior ones, so be it.

That's the only way to avoid Houston et. al. having been a complete and fatal disaster for our club, as opposed to a brief scourge.