McGeady assist in Utd's third goal

Tontospal

McGeady passed the ball to Van der Sar when he was in a decent attacking position and less than 20 seconds later Utd score.

Aditionally the last kick of the match was a shot from McGeady that would have ended up in the cricket ground if the stand wasn't so high.

The most overrated player in Scottish football today.

The adulation and adoration of McGeady from the football journalists in Scotland is not backed up by his performances on the pitch.

McGeady passed the ball to Van der Sar when he was in a decent attacking position and less than 20 seconds later Utd score.

Aditionally the last kick of the match was a shot from McGeady that would have ended up in the cricket ground if the stand wasn't so high.

The most overrated player in Scottish football today.

The adulation and adoration of McGeady from the football journalists in Scotland is not backed up by his performances on the pitch.

Bet he still wins player of the year again though. :ohmy:

I thought he was their best player last night, although thats not really saying much.

he did a few good runs a a wee bit of good footwork but was brushed aside the rest of the time

and Naylor did more of his trade mark whacky crosses to row 150 again :craphead:

Broon just shoved people around starting with Ronaldo just after KO :craphead:

McGeady has impressed me when I've watched him in the past. I think some are you a little blinded the politics <_<

Please expand upon your comments.

What did he do last night to impress you? As I stated in my OP he gave the ball away with a very poor cross for Utd's third whilst he had a shot at goal that went in to row Z.

He is meant to be a creative/productive player. What did he create last night?

I can't dispute that on a few occasions he has shown glimpses of a decent player but he is in no way consistent or as good as some in the media would have us believe.

Add to that that he is a key attacking player in a team that hasn't scored a goal in 3 Euro games this season and has only gained 1 point out of 51 on the road.

Please enlighten me how that stat is a little blinded by politics?

I thought Boruc, the £10M rated keeper was outstanding last night, as was their £10M rated Irish winger. See what the premiership is missing. Nakamura was invisible, Broon was just Broon and skippy just couldnae find his feet.

Sellik were shocking, their tacticts were rank and if anyone says any different, its time you took a long serious look at yourself.

After watching the game last night, if I was the Celtic management, I would put Shaun Maloney in the team before McGeady. All he does is run into trouble and lose the ball. He has absolutely no end product and is hideously overrated.

mcgeady isnt a bad player hes just not the world class winger they try to make him out to be. On his day he can be good, he is very quick and has a decent cross but his first touch can be awful at times and hes far too inconsistant. If he was THAT good it would be games like this he would be skinning people and scoring/setting up goals but hes not doing it. Should never have got poty last year it was a joke.

I thought Boruc, the £10M rated keeper was outstanding last night, as was their £10M rated Irish winger. See what the premiership is missing. Nakamura was invisible, Broon was just Broon and skippy just couldnae find his feet.

Sellik were shocking, their tacticts were rank and if anyone says any different, its time you took a long serious look at yourself.

nakamura was playing???? :craphead:

Please expand upon your comments.

What did he do last night to impress you? As I stated in my OP he gave the ball away with a very poor cross for Utd's third whilst he had a shot at goal that went in to row Z.

He is meant to be a creative/productive player. What did he create last night?

I can't dispute that on a few occasions he has shown glimpses of a decent player but he is in no way consistent or as good as some in the media would have us believe.

Add to that that he is a key attacking player in a team that hasn't scored a goal in 3 Euro games this season and has only gained 1 point out of 51 on the road.

Please enlighten me how that stat is a little blinded by politics?

I didn't really watch the game last night (flicked on for the odd 5 minutes but that was it).

I've watched him for 90 minutes probably half a dozen times, and more often than not he's looked like he could hack it in the Premiership. He reminds me of Ashley Young: not a World beater, but a good Premier League player.

That statement is typical of what the Celtic press make you believe!

Celtic press? I'm just comparing my opinion of McGeady (from the relatively little I've seen) to what I read on here.

McGeady has impressed me when I've watched him in the past. I think some are you a little blinded the politics <_<

:lol:doh Apart from decent glimpses of this 25million rated irishman , what else has wonderbhoy done ?

I never said he was anywhere near £25m; I said he's impressed me when I've seen him enough to suggest he could do a good job in the EPL. I was also pointing out that while he's clearly not World class and some Celtic fans may overrate him, a lot on here seem to be at the other extreme and underrate him.