Daily Record caller

Pedro

Was reading the Daily Record there and found this quote on the phone-ins.

Jim Pooley, Dumbarton, said "The Hibs-Hearts game highlited a time-wasting scenario football should tackle head-on. Hearts made two substitutions in injury time but the additional time taken to make the changes is rarely, if ever, added on.

"Lets introduce the rule that forbids substitutions from being made as soon as the 90 mins are over and then we wont see further substitutions aimed only at killing me".

What are your views on this?

Personally I think the idea is an okay idea...

But it will never happen.

If the rule did happen, what if a player breaks his leg and the team play with ten men while the other team receive a free-kick , throw in, corner etc.

:cool: partay

It must be soul destoying getting on for twenty seconds then the whistle for full time going!!! I reckon its a Good idea!!! Imagine injuring Artur Borat in the first minute of injury time against them?? Haha

It must be soul destoying getting on for twenty seconds then the whistle for full time going!!! I reckon its a Good idea!!! Imagine injuring Artur Borat in the first minute of injury time against them?? Haha

Used to happen to me as a kid. :(

I was (and still am) a decent enough right-back to be getting a game, but the managers son was the right back, so I had no chance.

30 seconds should be added on for every substitution made in the game, whether it's made in injury time or not.

As long as the same is happening in every situation,then it doesn't really matter.You'll welcome the time being wasted probably 50% of the time.

Was reading the Daily Record there and found this quote on the phone-ins.

Jim Pooley, Dumbarton, said "The Hibs-Hearts game highlited a time-wasting scenario football should tackle head-on. Hearts made two substitutions in injury time but the additional time taken to make the changes is rarely, if ever, added on.

"Lets introduce the rule that forbids substitutions from being made as soon as the 90 mins are over and then we wont see further substitutions aimed only at killing me".

What are your views on this?

Personally I think the idea is an okay idea...

But it will never happen.

If the rule did happen, what if a player breaks his leg and the team play with ten men while the other team receive a free-kick , throw in, corner etc.

What if you had 5 or more minutes of injury time and a player gets seriously injured bang on the 90 minutes of regulation time? Should the team be forced to play with one man short?

Why not just ensure that such substitutions also incur an add on?

I believe that the referee has a right, perhaps a duty, to add 30 seconds per substitution. This should apply throughout regular play. Perhaps it would be better if they timed the stoppage caused by substitutions, since some can take longer than others, with teams killing time by placing the about to be substituted player on the far side, who feigns injury so he can trudge off slowly from either distant corner, whilst others are already off the pitch through a previously timed injury.

Nonetheless, even perfect timing would still allow defensive teams to kill the momentum of the play by making slow substitutions.

Used to happen to me as a kid. :(

I was (and still am) a decent enough right-back to be getting a game, but the managers son was the right back, so I had no chance.

You have to try and let it go.

:mutley:

I would like the 4th official to be the timekeeper for the game - he knows what subs have taken how long etc, how long physios etc have been on the pitch and has (in comparison to the man in the middle) relatively nothing else to do all game.

Granted Managers and coaches wouldn't be allowed to approach him for fear of influencing his decisions.

As the officials are all "miked-up" the 4th official could notify the referee when the whistle should go.

Just an idea.

I maybe wrong but i'm sure thats the rule as it stands just now guys.

I think its the rule too. My point was that it shouldn't be neglected just because the game has gone into injury time. Subs have been made in injury time before and I've seen no extra time given on the injury time given allocated the sub was even made.

The rule I'd like to see is when injury time allocated is up, the game is over when the ball goes out next.