Boruc in front of Disciplinary Commitee today

Coopermania

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle1844794.ece

ARTUR BORUC will today face a Hampden trial for his one-fingered salute to Rangers fans.

The Celtic keeper will make a personal appearance before the SFA Disciplinary Committee this morning.

Boruc must face the beaks after the SFA Video Review Panel studied pictures of the Parkhead flashpoint on August 31.

The Polish international will plead his case but faces a hefty fine if found guilty of improper conduct.

An SFA statement said: “The review panel has decided that Boruc has a case to answer in regard to his alleged gesture towards Rangers supporters.

“Press photographs showing the player making a one-fingered gesture were considered by the review panel.

“It is being dealt with as a case of improper conduct which has come to the Disciplinary Committee’s attention by means other than a match official’s report.

“They may impose any penalty on the player if they find him guilty.”

Boruc’s Poland glove rival Lukasz Zaluska was hit with a £500 penalty last season after he made a gesture to Aberdeen supporters during Dundee United’s CIS Cup semi-final win at Tynecastle.

Hibs boss Mixu Paatelainen will also appear before the committee today.

He is challenging a touchline ban after a bust-up with referee Iain Brines during the Easter Road side’s loss to Morton in the Co-operative Cup earlier in the season.

Falkirk boss John Hughes and striker Michael Higdon will also appear before the Disciplinary Committee today.

Both criticised ref Brines’ performance after the Bairns were beaten 3-0 at Celtic Park back in August.

DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE MEETING

Thursday, 23 Oct 2008

At today's meeting of the Scottish FA's Disciplinary Committee, Celtic Goalkeeper Artur Boruc was fined £500, severely censured and warned to his future conduct. This relates to an incident that took place following the

match between Celtic and Rangers on 31 August 2008. The player has 7 working days to appeal this decision.

He should appeal.

Probably will and then be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize ! :sherlock:

He is the victim, this is an injustice.

It's 'Hurricane' all over again.

FREE THE PARKHEAD ONE!

Yup I feel another imaginary false cause coming on from the great unwashed. ! :sherlock:

I see the scumbag only got a fine for his gesture to us.

Does that mean our players can from now do the same to other fans, numerous times (which Boruc has) and get away with it?? A £500 fine is ridiculous and i'm sure he won't even batter and eye lid at that.

Does anyone remember when Neil Lennon spat on the Rangers scarf and called McLeish an orange b*****d and got away with it??!!

I like to think i'm not paranoid but i'm starting to think otherwise