TGFITW in manchester

*Manticore*

Interesting comment from ManchesterConfidential.co:

Very disappointing to see 6 arrests made out of the very small number of Celtic fans. In fact, I believe that this signifies a larger proportion of arrests per total fans than was the case for the so-called Rangers "riot". Police had to seperate Man U and Celtic fans, and we again had the distasteful episode of Celtic fans singing songs in support of the IRA in the 83rd minute of the match. Very disappointing indeed. Also rather surprised by the Match Commander praising Celtic fans " ... braved the night in a windy and wet Manchester ..." Was he there? Doesn't speak much of the GMP when they don't know if it's raining or not. And that they don't care if visiting fans sing pro-IRA songs in a city where people were killed by their bombs.”

http://www.manchesterconfidential.co.uk/in...rJWU6IHqjNwB6IA

This is a comment from Joe public not an article. Fucking typical. If this was Rangers it would be front page. Fuck you press fuck you Celtic fuck you Reid.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointing to see 6 arrests made out of the very small number of Celtic fans. In fact, I believe that this signifies a larger proportion of arrests per total fans than was the case for the so-called Rangers "riot". Police had to seperate Man U and Celtic fans, and we again had the distasteful episode of Celtic fans singing songs in support of the IRA in the 83rd minute of the match. Very disappointing indeed. Also rather surprised by the Match Commander praising Celtic fans " ... braved the night in a windy and wet Manchester ..." Was he there? Doesn't speak much of the GMP when they don't know if it's raining or not. And that they don't care if visiting fans sing pro-IRA songs in a city where people were killed by their bombs.”

This is a comment from Joe public not an article. Fucking typical. If this was Rangers it would be front page. Fuck you press fuck you Celtic fuck you Reid.

(tu)

Doesn't really matter though does it, this will never be mentioned where as the UEFA Cup final will never be allowed to drop <_<

I got to laugh, when we try to complain about what they're singing/chanting we get called "petty" yet when we sing or chant we're called bigots.

i mean ICT had a banner saying (BJK) celtic up in arms over it but nothing was said about the "ira" chants/songs

Fucking pisses me off

Lancashire Evening Post

Football fans arrested at Preston Railway Station

Published Date: 23 October 2008

Two Celtic football fans were arrested at Preston Railway Station on suspicion of assaulting and racially abusing another passenger, the day after their club's defeat at Manchester United.

The British Transport Police arrested the two Celtic FC supporters, at Preston Railway Station at 9.40pm on Wednesday, after the pair had travelled from Blackpool.

One man believed to be around the age of 30 has been released on bail and the second - also in his 30s - remains in custody.

Celtic lost 3-0 to Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Football-fans-ar...ston.4621004.jp

i was at the game on tuesday (utd fan before you question my loyalties) and there were pro IRA chants sung outside OT before the game. just thought I would join this forum to let you guys know because it was pissing me off reading all the nonsense below the youtube vid of the scuffle outside the chippy.

You will also be glad to know that an instant response of no surrender from utd lads went flying back at them - alone with bottles coins and cans.

They are the dregs of society (along with the scousers and shitty fans) and they aint welcome in Manchester by us

:unionflag:

i was at the game on tuesday (utd fan before you question my loyalties) and there were pro IRA chants sung outside OT before the game. just thought I would join this forum to let you guys know because it was pissing me off reading all the nonsense below the youtube vid of the scuffle outside the chippy.

You will also be glad to know that an instant response of no surrender from utd lads went flying back at them - alone with bottles coins and cans.

They are the dregs of society (along with the scousers and shitty fans) and they aint welcome in Manchester by us

Welcome :unionflag:

now you guys know what we have to put up with friend

:rangers: :unionflag: :unionflag:

Thanks for your comments, mate.

Chanting about the IRA in city bombed by the terrorist scumbags is as sick as you can get.

I'm glad your views haven't been tainted by a few of our own idiots, admittedly a minority, earlier in the year.

Hopefully people will now open their eyes to them after a few years of us being the whipping boys.

Regardless what the media says it is becoming clear to any fan down in England who the real villains are up here. Any true football fan in England will consider Celtic to be scum and that can only help us with our support down there.

Has any of this made the Scottish papers or news yet ?

who we kidden Coop you know what the media here are like sweep sweep

I assumed he was being sarcastic?

Well I was hoping against hope. There is next to no chance it will make news in Scotland. Unbelievable :angry2:

as I said when the famine song controversy first got going in earnest, the mopes are playing a dangerous game with this.

up until now, Scotland has actually had one of the best integrations between Protestants and Catholics when you look at statistics such as inter-faith marriage.

But if they consistently start to cry wolf, it will turn the mostly meaningless 'us and them' of the OF games and turn it into a situation where people will start to worrying about who their son/daughter/loved one is marrying.

Has any of this made the Scottish papers or news yet ?

who we kidden Coop you know what the media here are like sweep sweep

I assumed he was being sarcastic?

Well I was hoping against hope. There is next to no chance it will make news in Scotland. Unbelievable :angry2:

as I said when the famine song controversy first got going in earnest, the mopes are playing a dangerous game with this.

up until now, Scotland has actually had one of the best integrations between Protestants and Catholics when you look at statistics such as inter-faith marriage.

But if they consistently start to cry wolf, it will turn the mostly meaningless 'us and them' of the OF games and turn it into a situation where people will start to worrying about who their son/daughter/loved one is marrying.

I totally agree CG. They claim to be fighting bigotry and sectarianism but all they're really doing is promoting further antagonism between Celtic an Rangers, Irish and Scots, Catholics and Protestants. Congratulations Celtic support for taking us back 20 years doh

Incidentally, the contact details for UEFA and FARE are as below.

info@uefa.com

info@kickitout.org

You should point out that the IRA are racist for their targeting of innocent British civilians-men, women and children- and Manchester is a city that was bombed by the terrorists.

You can also highlight that "hun" is deemed sectarian in Scotland and Northern Ireland, with this article below, thus highlighting "No huns in Europe" chant.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/displ...Tshirt_jibe.php

Regardless what the media says it is becoming clear to any fan down in England who the real villains are up here. Any true football fan in England will consider Celtic to be scum and that can only help us with our support down there.

What a lot of nonsense. What planet do you live on and what do you base your conclusion on?

The only people who know the truth, and are actually bothered about it, are the Rangers fans.

The majority of people base their opinions on the media and all celtic ever semm to get is good press. The media reported the Chief of GMP's comments about ambassadors of Glasgow and that comment carries some weight in showing celtc as good and, following our Manchester trip, us bad.

As a club, support and people we are losing this war and the majority of our support are ignorant or aoathetic to the situation and it will only get worse until they realise what is happening.

Part of this awakening is to appreciate the damage that Murray, Bain, Smith, McCoist et al are doing to us by not defending the club and the fans and indeed joing in on the many attacks on us.