willie malley - bigot ?

Smurf1873

i'm sure i once read he refused to attend the funeral of John Thomson as it was in a Protestant church but can't find a link again - can anyone point me in the right direction ??

willie maley was the guy who when asked said he thought sam english tried to go thru the goalkeeper

he was the only one who thought that

the man had a hatred of rangers

Don't have a link, but I have read before, that he, and a large official CFC party took the coffin to the church, but almost none of them entered it.

Not sure on the timeline, but I think it might have been a mortal sin for them to do so then?

Basically they exploited his death but would not attend his funeral because they were bigots.

Don't have a link, but I have read before, that he, and a large official CFC party took the coffin to the church, but almost none of them entered it.

Not sure on the timeline, but I think it might have been a mortal sin for them to do so then?

Basically they exploited his death but would not attend his funeral because they were bigots.

I didn't know this Manti. That is truely shameful. I hope they were proud of themselves.

When questioned about the incident and specifically asked if he thought it was an accident, Maley said:

"I hope it was an accident. I cannot form an opinion as to what happened as I did not actually see the accident"

Not the best way to put it, but would only be conjecture to think of what he really thought (tu)

They were ambulances chasers then and they are ambulance chasers now fcukin scum :

David writes of Maley's reaction to the death of John Thomson: 'But, what Maley liked was that Thomson, the boy from the Fife mining village who belonged to an obscure Protestant religious sect, had earned all that he had earned through his association with Celtic, the so-called team of Irish Catholics! Thomson could not have done it without Celtic or without Maley......but now he had been so cruelly taken away. Maley would take some time to recover.'

In fact, David frequently stresses just what the burden of leadership did to Maley, a man with the weight and responsibility of Celtic on his broad shoulders, as the Celtic manager frequently lapsed into periods of depression and melancholy, caused by tragedies, deaths, poor on-field performances, the surrounding poverty, the political upheaval and criticism of Maley's Celtic team by the supporters, frustrated by events on the pitch.

:sherlock: