Stan Collymore

Muff

Might not be your favourite person but he's turning out to be a very knowledgable and respected pundit.

He also hopes celtc get dumped out of Europe and supports Rangers(remember reading an interview in the old Rangers News - used to come to games with Fowler and when we had Gazza)

That's good to know. For some reason I thought he had a soft spot for the tims. On the Fowler thing, I remember him saying, he didn't get on to well with him a Liverpool. Maybe it was the early days of their partnership.

Saying that, he did get Huntelaar's early career wrong. He never came through the Ajax youth system, he started off at PSV.

Don't know but it was an interview on the same week as Colin Montgomerie was interviewed in the Rangers News.

In a magazine interview for Rangers Monthly last year, Collymore was asked about a previous transfer link with Celtic, only to astonishingly reveal: "There was once talk about me going to Celtic.

"And, without being contentious, how on earth could I do it when my soft spot is - and has always been - for the blue half of Glasgow?

"Although you sometimes get people in England who just say they're a Rangers, or even a Celtic fan, I actually am a Gers supporter.

"It stems back to my mid-teens, when I never seemed to have a Rangers shirt off my back.

I was going to post a similar thread.

He certainly knows his stuff, talked about the young Belgian team at the Euro's and rhymed off 3 or 4 players no bother who starred. Also knew about up and coming players from around the world, and was always constructive of his critism of mistakes. That is one thing I hate in people like, Burley, Alan Smith etc. You would think they had never misplaced a pass or hit a shot over the bar.

He defo gets the (tu) from me!

heard him on talk sport the other night for the first time and thought, WTF is this nutter doing on the radio!

gotta say was pleasently surprised, very balanced and seems to know what he is talking about!

well done big stan!

Saying that, he did get Huntelaar's early career wrong. He never came through the Ajax youth system, he started off at PSV.Don't know but it was an interview on the same week as Colin Montgomerie was interviewed in the Rangers News.

what a dumbass.