When did Ajax stop playing football?

pcbear

They rely on Huntelaar too much imo, I dont know if hes still the captain? but whenever Ive watched him, its as if hes taken on too much responsibility and drops to far back, they have some cracking players, but imo, are no longer that dreaded 3rd pot team from the champions league, they need to cash in on huntelaar and get some new players in, still a top dutch side though, cant seem the falling away or anything

They are now very ordinary, a shadow of the previous great sides, looks like they have gone from total football to total shite.

I tend to think that's a bit harsh.

They played some great stuff last season, consistency cost them a CL spot, but they were still mouthwatering at times.

They probably suffer from the same kinda things that the Old Firm do. Away to Roda JC on a Sunday, followed by a hard European match midweek. It doesn't offer the idea preparation.

I think they have the nucleus of a decent side. Stekelenburg, Sulejmani, Huntelaar and Emanuelson will all go on to big, big clubs and there is apparently a decent crop at the Jong ready to come through. Even young first team players like Luis Suarez and Jeffery Sarpong (who is apparently their best prospect since Van Der Vaart) are still to hit the heights for them.

They really need a right good defender, though. I was stunned when Van Basten brought in Oleguer (who is possibly the craziest man in world football) to shore them up.

I think they have the nucleus of a decent side. Stekelenburg, Sulejmani, Huntelaar and Emanuelson will all go on to big, big clubs and there is apparently a decent crop at the Jong ready to come through. Even young first team players like Luis Suarez and Jeffery Sarpong (who is apparently their best prospect since Van Der Vaart) are still to hit the heights for them.

They really need a right good defender, though. I was stunned when Van Basten brought in Oleguer (who is possibly the craziest man in world football) to shore them up.

Oleguer :lol:

He is a bawhair off being clinically insane. Is he not an staunch right wing politician?

Oleguer :lol:

He is a bawhair off being clinically insane. Is he not an staunch right wing politician?

Haha, he was at one point im sure, but he now claims to be an anarchist.

He wrote a book when he was at Barca and it's content ranged from childhood anorexia to Spanish politics. Oh, and it also touched on his love of tennis.

The man is not right!