Why you love Glasgow Rangers....

To be honest you sound like a glory hunter "I didn't like watching septic scum cos they're so shit, so instead I supported their extremely successful next door neighbours who humiliate septic all the time"

One of my cousins is a Rangers fan - whilst my other cousin his brother is a Celtic fan but both also support Liverpool!! Gotta love the brotherly rivalry there lol

I was brought up a Rangers man by my father and it is was easy for me. I have been a Rangers man, all my life and Ive seen some good times, some great times, but also some not so good times. But no matter what league we are in I will always be a Rangers man. Its just in my blood, and as we say Ill be a Ranger till I die. My son just informed me tonight that he is an admin on Rangers on FB. And Im as proud as punch. But I have to say that someone to come on here and say that hes a Rangers man, and his family is full of smeltic men is so very brave. I salute you sir, and dont know if I would have had the courage to go against my father, and my other family and done what you did. I apologise for the fucking numpty who is giving you a hard time, and I think most Rangers men feel the same.WATP. :21::21::21:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brought up with everything Rangers. The great thing about being a Rangers supporter is that its not just a football club, its a family, they were my first love, and will ALWAYS be my last. I've told every burd i've had she will always come second to Rangers.

My love for the club cannot be put into words :21:

Touchy fucker - I'm not a cradle-Rangers fan, I supported them off my own back when I WATCHED THEM PLAY and have supported them since.. but your family are scum fans, they were happy enough to support the terrorists even with their shitty team and playing style, but you just wanted the glory and what came with it by supporting the Pride of Scotland the mighty Glasgow Rangers.

Don't worry every successful club have glory hunters - it's not uncommon like :uk:

I know hes a catholic but stop being a cunt. you say you supported rangers off your own back by watching them. well so did he but the only thing is he was taken to a scum game by his father first unfortunately and it wasnt for him.

If he goes to the games and cheers for the Rangers and gives 100% for our club then thats fine with me and it should be for you aswell. at the very least it's another person in the world not supporting them fucking cretins across the city when it could of been alot easier for him to, but he made HIS choice and he chose correctly. So aye stop being a cunt

Based on the soccer am segment, tell us why you love our club.

I was born and brought up catholic, with all of my friends and family supporting the dirty bastards. At the age of around 5 or 6, my grandad took me to a Celtic v St MIrren match at love street and I just knew even at that early age I did not want to support the team playing in green and white. I don't know why I had this thought as my brother, father and grandad were all Celtic fans, but for some reason I never wanted to support them. My first memory of watching rangers was in an old firm game with Chris woods playing in goals for us. I'd always played in goals with my mates when we played football and I was just amazed by how good this guy was. I asked my dad to buy me a Chris Woods goalie top and to his credit he did. Ever since then I have loved Glasgow Rangers, thanks hugely to my early hero's, Chris Woods, Andy Goram and my hometown hero, super ally. I know most people will have been brought up supporting rangers, but it would be interesting to hear how others became supporters of our famous club.

I was brought up a Rangers man by my father, and it was easy for me. Ive seen some good times, some great times, and some not so great times. As we say Ill be a Ranger till I die. But for someone to come on and say they are a Rangers man, when theyre Father and brothers, and the rest of theyre family are smeltic men, I think that is so brave. I honestly dont know if I would have the courage to do the same. Not that I would ever have wanted too, Im so glad I had the Father that I had who was a gentleman. But I apologise for the fucking numpty who is giving you a hard time, and I would think that most Rangers men would feel the same way. I salute you sir. :21::21::21:

Grew up in a Rangers family and would hear the shout, see the badge and blue on arms, clothes, so probably knew Rangers was important before even my earliest memories.

As I got older 4 or 5 I remember began to hear and know about the club from the people round about me and listening to radio or watching tv. I used to watch tv results for the Rangers score knowing some of my family would be at the match. I got to go to my 1st match about the same time and experience the stadium, see the players and that was me.

It's a beautiful club, from it's proud history of success, it's great managers and players, the powerful but always dignified presence of the club, the blue strip, the badge, just about everything to do with RFC is good and easy to love.

Just the odd result and our recent owners could have been better.

Rangers is just a bit special so it's been a privilege :21:

you must be glad to have escaped supporting the team in the silly strip, well done :beer1:

To be honest you sound like a glory hunter "I didn't like watching septic scum cos they're so shit, so instead I supported their extremely successful next door neighbours who humiliate septic all the time"

One of my cousins is a Rangers fan - whilst my other cousin his brother is a Celtic fan but both also support Liverpool!! Gotta love the brotherly rivalry there lol

If anyone sounds like a glory-hunter its very much yourself.

Because Rangers are the Pride of Scotland - I love Rangers and have done since watching them in the 1990s during the wonder years. I knew from then on, Rangers were the team for me :21:

doh

Twat.

I was born in 1971. I started kicking a ball about at school in the mid 70s. I went to a proddie, sorry non-dom school , but believe me, that didn't necessarily mean there wasn't plenty of unwashed types cutting about supporting that other mob. When I started watching football on tv, which was a good few years after I started having a kick about at school, it was simply down to the magic of Davie Cooper. That was it for me. Rangers ever since. I didn't actually start going to games until the 80s (my non-football supporting father, who was also a polis, wouldn't let me go), so I was going to games at a less than full Ibrox when the team weren't doing so well. It mattered not. I was in for life. There must have been games before this one, but the one that really sticks in my mind was losing to Valencia in the Cup Winners Cup in 1979. I was crushed. That's the first game I can remember really caring about. But I had a whole life of joyous celebration ahead of me! :21:

A few years after starting to support Rangers, in an act of typical young boy band-wagon jumping, I felt like I needed an English team to follow, given that all my mates were wearing Liverpool tops. Tottenham were on their 2 years in a row FA cup winning run at that point and Glenn Hoddle was the man. I've had a soft spot for Spurs ever since. Stick Liverpool up yer hoop!

That's the way I was raised. Me and dad are the only Bears in the family, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My uncle once took me to the piggery and offered to buy me anything I wanted from the shop, fair to say I left with out anything.

Why I love them now? It's a way of life. And the darker things seem to get at the club, the more I love Rangers. You cannot beat the feeling of stepping inside Ibrox, it's such a beautiful stadium, and standing amongst 50,000 Bears.

Rangers were my first love and they will be my last. :h34rt:

I grew up in South Africa to parents from Glasgow that emigrated when they were just in there early 20's, Naturally my father introduced me to the world famous Rangers at a young age but being brought up on this side of the world it was hard to understand the passion that some fans had with this great club...

That all changed when I finished school and headed off to Glasgow to stay with my grandparents and cousins, I attended my first game and that was it, my life would never be the same again... all I think about now is Ibrox and following Rangers... wherever they go!

I was chosen! We are the people!

post-64813-0-70300100-1343984902_thumb.j

I love the sense of passion, determination, success and tradition at this great club. To me Rangers is the epitome of Scotland and Great Britain and what makes it great. It is a club that is proud of the beliefs and traditions that I believe and hold dear. Its nothing to do with religion, its about culture, class, respect, excellence, honour, pride and dignity. Rangers is all of these things in one, a class above the rest and a club that does everything with dignity.

You can't describe the feeling you get with this club. When you walk up to the brick facade of Ibrox, when the Rangers score that crucial goal, or when you hear a certain line in a Rangers song you love you get that feeling of pride and passion you get nowhere else. I got the feeling the other day when I watched the video of Ally scoring in the Legends game, it was so fitting that McCoist scored and the feeling I got when watching it is indescribable and brings a tear to the eye. Thats whats so special about Rangers, its more than a club - its a part of every one of us.

Various reasons. I think the main one being that my dad was in love with Graeme Souness and fucking hated Celtic. Coming from a predominantly Celtic supporting family, he made sure that I never got tainted by the green and white side. On my mothers side they are all True Blues, residing in the Ibrox/Govan area, and have heard many stories from my uncle about how he got to see Jim Baxter play.

I think my love for the Gers was confirmed at one of our lowest points, losing 6-2 to those bastards. I had family over from Ireland and I was the only Rangers fan in my Grans house that day. I was in tears by half time, and my Gran decided to do the decent thing and support Rangers with me for the rest of the match. She's still a wind up merchant, but not properly "one of them". Just over two years later I sat in the same seat and watched Lovenkrands score that last minute header. Also watched Helicopter Sunday at that house and errupted like never before when McDonald scored.

When the Rangers win, I'm happy. When they lose, I'm in a cunt of a mood. I love them, and always will.

My Grandfather would have allowed anything else he had a season ticket until he was well into his sixties had both his knee caps replaced and still made it to every home game.

He took me to my first game both to a friendly against Ardeer Rovers and first professional game against Hibs.

Was incredibly lucky to have had him in my life to help guide me to the person I am now and most importantly shared his love of the mighty Rangers with me.

Thank fuck though my dads a killie fan.

I had Rangers imprinted since day 1 although I really wasn't into football until my dad convinced me at about 7 to go Ibrox with him and it was the greatest day of my life. He always tells me the day I decided to finally go to ibrox with him was the one of the highlights of his life! It brings a tear to my eye to hear this :) Then I finally got a season book at 15 and I love heading to Ibrox every other Saturday and I will be again because, well... I love the Rangers, thats the way it is! :uk::)

the reason I support Rangers is my dad, hes a lifetime season ticket holder, name any game any year he'll tell you the score and how the goal happened etc, took me to my first Rangers game before I can even remember and I sit next to him every game still, sharing every glorious memory with the old boy, thats how Rangers isnt just a football club, it brings families together, my dad and his dad and his dad all Rangers fans and I plan to carry the tradition with my daughter when she's old enough to go, and it will be me, my Dad and my Daughter sharing more glorious memories of our quintessential club together.

Born in Australia to a mother who was a migrant from Glasgow, but it was my Grandad who made me a bear.

My mum and her brothers were never really into football growing up so when I was a wee kid and Granda saw me start to take an interest in football, he struck! It was when I was 8, 1990 and thankfully the start of being able to get TV highlights coverage down here and VHS sent over from the family back home.

It really stemmed from the bond with my Grandad. Will never forget moments with him at that age such as reading every single word in the international weekly version of the Daily Record and Match magazine, cutting out pictures of the Rangers.

Family members were involved in the youth team back then so for my 10th birthday I got the full home strip with a special surprise - the squad poster for the year signed by the whole team with Walter writing "Happy Birthday, from Rangers" up the top.

But down the bottom of the air mail package was the best part - the poster was signed at a club dinner and my relatives included a napkin with our logo printed on it and SIGNED BY ALLY McCOIST. I went mental and was so stoked. Still have it too :lol:

My Dad started taking me to Ibrox as a toddler back in the 70's. I could see Ibrox from my bedroom when I was growing up.

The main reason though, Is that Rangers represent the community I come from, and although in our shitty little country is is not considered acceptable by the hand wringing classes to be proud of that, I am immensly proud of it!

I don't think I can really describe it, I come from a family of die hard blue noses, so since I was born all I've ever known is Rangers they've gave me some great times since I started following them as a small child, some bad times as well but no matter what I'll always be there for them, it's in the blood. I just hope the younger fans who've grown up with nothing but success still get behind them I'm SURE they will. I remember under Greig in the late 70's through to the middle of the 80's before Souness took over the attendances were very poor but I still went. Got my tickets today for tuesday and I'm excited the same way I was when I went to my first game many years ago. :21::uk::21: