3rd Div grounds and capacities

I've been trying to have a look at the 3rd Division grounds and their capacities, just picked it off if Wiki so probably some indescrepancies but it's worth a wee look.

Team Stadium Capacity

Annan Athletic Galabank 3,500

Berwick Rangers Shielfield Park 4,131

Clyde Broadwood Stadium 8,029

East Stirlingshire Ochilview Park [a]5,267

Elgin City Borough Briggs 3,927

Montrose Links Park 3,292

Peterhead Balmoor 4,000

Queen's Park Hampden Park 52,500

Rangers Ibrox 51,082

Stirling Albion Forthbank Stadium 3,808

Does that not give the SFA more money?

Its Queens Parks stadium and they rent it out.

The SFA formed a company to give them a loan to regenerate the stadium and Queens Park pay the loan back. Money essentially goes to Queens Park, but it would go to repaying the loan to the SFA.

So if a stadiums capacity is say 4,000 and they expect around 400 home fans would they allow us to fill up the rest of the stadium and have a majority of away fans?

Yes. I said a few weeks ago that most games for the next 3 years at least is going to be like a home game for our team.

Is it not actually Queens Park who own the ground?

I seriously doubt it. On a side note, Queens Park used to be the biggest team in Scotland and am quite sure when they first started, they went a number of years without losing a game, winning everything. Anyone know what happened to them? And dont just say, it was because we came along, I genuinelly want to know what happened to a massive Glasgow club, that Partic Thistle are now bigger than.

I seriously doubt it. On a side note, Queens Park used to be the biggest team in Scotland and am quite sure when they first started, they went a number of years without losing a game, winning everything. Anyone know what happened to them? And dont just say, it was because we came along, I genuinelly want to know what happened to a massive Glasgow club, that Partic Thistle are now bigger than.

Their refusal to go professional I'd imagine?

They have won the most Scottish Cups outwitdth us or the mhanky mhob amazingly.

So if a stadiums capacity is say 4,000 and they expect around 400 home fans would they allow us to fill up the rest of the stadium and have a majority of away fans?

Lets be honest when Rangers come to town the home supporters will come out of the woodwork and fill their grounds.....for the day!

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/the-hampden-experience/hampden-history.html

Queen’s Park, who still own the Stadium, are the only Amateur Club playing in the Scottish Football League and are currently in Division 2.

The SFA rent the stadium off Queens Park.

Their refusal to go professional I'd imagine?

They have won the most Scottish Cups outwitdth us or the mhanky mhob amazingly.

Not really amazing when you read the early history of Scottish football, they were unbeatable. Most of the national team came from their side. Does anyone know how long they were in existance for until they lost their first match?

Basically they stayed amateur, instead of going professional, when others did.