West Ham sign Diego Tristan

Muff

West Ham have signed veteran striker Diego Tristan on a free transfer following a two-week trial.

The 32-year-old former Spain international was a free agent after being released by Italian side Livorno at the end of last season.

Tristan becomes new manager Gianfranco Zola's first signing since taking charge in September.

"Zola has helped me a lot and I want to say thanks by scoring lots of goals and doing well for the club," he said.

"I am very grateful to the manager for giving me the opportunity to play here.

"I have been really impressed from the moment I arrived at the training ground. The coaching staff and the players have all helped me to settle in. 606:

"I had a lot of offers to go to other countries and play for a lot of money but I feel that I still have lots to offer and I want to show West Ham fans that I can still play at the highest level. That is why I am here."

Tristan, who won 15 caps for Spain between 2001 and 2004, also played for Deportivo La Coruna and Real Mallorca and could make his Hammers debut away to Hull City on Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/7670654.stm

Will be interesting to see how he gets on down there!?

Used to be a quality player.

However he has been lazy, unfit & had a bit of a prima donna attitude for a few years now.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

Sounds like a certain Striker at Rangers :pipe:

beat me to it :craphead:

Another mediocre signing.

I think it's just a matter of time before the roof caves in on West Ham and Zola. Their squad is pretty lousy when you look at it and they'll be losing more players in January.