Tims not welcome in Manchester.

"Along with Celtic, we are urging supporters who do not have tickets not to travel to the city," read a joint statement from Manchester officials.

"They will not get into the game and facilities will not be provided for fans to watch the match elsewhere."

The statement was issued on behalf of Manchester City Council, Greater Manchester Police and they even got United chief executive David Gill to put his name to it.

The statement went on to say: "Manchester is looking forward to welcoming Celtic fans visiting the city for the Uefa Champions League tie with Manchester United on 21 October.

"We're a city that's passionate about football with a proud reputation for hospitality.

"We promise to show the greatest respect to visiting Celtic fans and are sure that they will respond in kind by helping keep our streets litter-free and abiding by local bye-laws.

"These laws obviously include a ban covering on-street drinking and this will be enforced.

http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?...37504&id=50

"Along with Celtic, we are urging supporters who do not have tickets not to travel to the city," read a joint statement from Manchester officials.

"They will not get into the game and facilities will not be provided for fans to watch the match elsewhere."

The statement was issued on behalf of Manchester City Council, Greater Manchester Police and they even got United chief executive David Gill to put his name to it.

The statement went on to say: "Manchester is looking forward to welcoming Celtic fans visiting the city for the Uefa Champions League tie with Manchester United on 21 October.

"We're a city that's passionate about football with a proud reputation for hospitality.

"We promise to show the greatest respect to visiting Celtic fans and are sure that they will respond in kind by helping keep our streets litter-free and abiding by local bye-laws.

"These laws obviously include a ban covering on-street drinking and this will be enforced.

Did you see the full article mate?Liewell had to get a line in regarding their SPESHUL relationship with United :barf:

Did you see the full article mate?Liewell had to get a line in regarding their SPESHUL relationship with United :barf:

Of course I did. I just edited that sh1te right out. :D

Of course I did. I just edited that sh1te right out. :D

:mutley: I like your style,i was going to post it earlier but my laptop doesn't accept the mention of Celt*c more than twice

The sad thing is, if anything kicks off, guess who will get the blame ? Us.

It will all be a result of and relate back to the trouble at the UEFA Cup Final. Bad feeling among the fans etc.

I can see it now.

That's true, but it won't be us that UEFA fine.

:mutley:

I hope they get humped and turn nasty inside the ground. Remember when they played Rapid Vienna there in a replayed fixture after crowd trouble at Parkhead?

I remember that year.

Is there any footage? I've never seen it, other than an old press still photo.

Had a quick look. 1984

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r9JKxk63fcw

(tu)

Excellent.

Found this one too on the same page. It's them abusing the memory of the Ibrox disaster.

Oh and

They'll pish and shit in the street, they'll rob and mug, they'll smash up boozers and set about innocent bystanders and the press will say fcuk all but what a great relationship the mhanky bhastards have with MU ! You could write the script ! :sherlock:

The sad thing is, if anything kicks off, guess who will get the blame ? Us.

It will all be a result of and relate back to the trouble at the UEFA Cup Final. Bad feeling among the fans etc.

I can see it now.

If it gets reported that is

apparently it kicked off a bit the last time they were down in Manchester, I remember a few english papers mentioning incidents of fighting in the city before and after the game, but as expected the scottish papers didn't give it the slightest mention.