Goals Due To Bad Refereeing, Complains Boumsong

Goals Due To Bad Refereeing, Complains Boumsong

Calamity defender Jean-Alain Boumsong has attempted to defend himself by blaming the two goals that he was at fault for against Romania and Tunisia, at least partially, on poor refereeing…

Former Rangers, Newcastle and Juventus defender Jean-Alain Boumsong has never been known as the most mentally reliable of central defenders. His weaknesses were exposed on an international stage as the Lyon defender was at fault for goals in the two recent internationals against Romania and Tunisia.

Boumsong was caught napping by the Romanians, allowing them to score their second in Constanta last Saturday while he is being largely blamed for Tunisia’s goal on Tuesday evening, although goalkeeper Steve Mandanda could also have done better.

The Lyon centre-back is using poor refereeing as a partial shield to defend himself.

“When the player I am supposed to be marking scores a goal, I feel responsible,” Boungsong told l’Equipe, “But I would just like to say that this action [Tunisia’s goal] summarises what is happening to me at the moment. Certainly, I made an error, but there was also a foul… If the referee had whistled then no-one would be talking about a goal.

“Against Romania, it was similar. On the play leading to the goal, I was shaken by an attacker and my leg was hooked by another.

“I do not want to be a player who hides behind excuses but I feel hard done by.”

Boumsong’s unconvincing showings give French coach Raymond Domenech a real headache in defence as William Gallas and Philippe Mexès have also been entirely unconvincing in recent matches.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=915205

Poor Boumsong.

Did anyone see the Romania game? Yoann Gourcuff was simply magical. He impressed that much that apparently Domenech is planning to build his 2010 WC team around him.

Hopefully he doesn't go back to Milan, he is just wasted there.

Poor Boumsong.

Did anyone see the Romania game? Yoann Gourcuff was simply magical. He impressed that much that apparently Domenech is planning to build his 2010 WC team around him.

He will be returning.

Milan tactician Carlo Ancelotti has congratulated Yoann Gourcuff for his impressive form while on loan at Bordeaux.

Gourcuff became increasingly frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities at San Siro having spent the majority of last term warming the bench.

The French midfielder was sent to Bordeaux in the summer to spend the season in Ligue 1 and he has wowed the fans at the Stade Chaban Delmas.

“I'm happy for Gourcuff because he has found the right environment at Bordeaux where he can show his best qualities.

“He showed promise here but then he lost that when he wasn't playing very much for us.

“Now he is doing well and we are all happy for him. He will certainly return because he is only away on loan.

“Are we incompatible? If we are then maybe he will come back and I will leave,” Ancelotti joked in conclusion.

He is a tremendous young player who just couldn't force his way into the Milan side and most of the time when he was coming on as a sub he wasn't impressing too much but you could see the talent he had. This loan spell will have helped him and I hope he is a regular when he returns. Hopefully he isn't playing under Ancelotti though.

Poor Boumsong.

He will be returning.

Milan tactician Carlo Ancelotti has congratulated Yoann Gourcuff for his impressive form while on loan at Bordeaux.

Gourcuff became increasingly frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities at San Siro having spent the majority of last term warming the bench.

The French midfielder was sent to Bordeaux in the summer to spend the season in Ligue 1 and he has wowed the fans at the Stade Chaban Delmas.

“I'm happy for Gourcuff because he has found the right environment at Bordeaux where he can show his best qualities.

“He showed promise here but then he lost that when he wasn't playing very much for us.

“Now he is doing well and we are all happy for him. He will certainly return because he is only away on loan.

“Are we incompatible? If we are then maybe he will come back and I will leave,” Ancelotti joked in conclusion.

He is a tremendous young player who just couldn't force his way into the Milan side and most of the time when he was coming on as a sub he wasn't impressing too much but you could see the talent he had. This loan spell will have helped him and I hope he is a regular when he returns. Hopefully he isn't playing under Ancelotti though.

Frustration is the word when it comes to describing his time at Milan, mate.

Limited to sub appearences and never really setting the heather alight. Gourcuff needs to be playing first team football.

Bixente Lizarazu described him as the new Zidane after the game. Ridiculously over the top, but it just shows how well he's doing for Bordeaux as well as France.

Poor Boumsong.

He will be returning.

Limited to sub appearences and never really setting the heather alight. Gourcuff needs to be playing first team football.

Bixente Lizarazu described him as the new Zidane after the game. Ridiculously over the top, but it just shows how well he's doing for Bordeaux as well as France.

It IS way over the top at the moment, but when you watch Gourcuff play you can see a bit of Zizou in him.

If he continues to improve at this rate for the next 3/4 years, he'll be doing very well.

Poor Boumsong.

He will be returning.

He was described as the new Zidane when he first joined Milan. Possibly put too much pressure on his shoulders. I always noticed that he linked up well with Kaka when he played though.... it would be a crime if they didn't play together for Milan often. Gourcuff - Pato - Kaka. That should be the future for Milan.