Middlesbrough v Chelsea

edranger

Quite simply, Chelsea are the best team in Europe at the moment.

If Cappello opts to drop either Lampard or Gerrard, then it should be Gerrard. Lampard is just so much better.

No one on the planet is so much better than Gerrard

Probably ever has been

Lampard truly is close to being untouchable at the moment.

Totally agree with TMWWBK.

The English media were apparently astounded when Gerrard made the line up against Belarus. They were almost begging Capello to drop him and build the side around Lampard, and the rumour was that Capello was ready to do so.

Lampard is a truly magical player. His positional knowledge is absolutely astounding. I remember going to a game at the Bridge where Chelsea were playing Charlton and honestly, i've never enjoyed watching a player as much as i enjoyed watching Lampard that day. Mourinho's team were simply built on him in everyway, it was no surprise that they started to lose it when he was subbed near the end of the match with an injury.

High praise i know, but honestly, Lampard could quite possibly be my favourite player in the world at the moment.

I've heard that Gerrard is close to chucking it in for England.

It's a fact that a massive number of Scousers don't really give a flying one about their national team. It's the culmination of what they percieve as the 'blame Liverpool for everything culture' (Heysel etc) and Carragher walking out is supposedly just the start.

Gerrard's already came out and said that he's only played 5 of his 60-odd England games in his preferred position, which is a fair point. In one of Henry Winter's recent columns (a superb football writer), he claimed that at least 5 England players would chuck it in if they weren't certain of a starting spot and I truly believe Stevie G to be one of them.

Personally, as a player I think he's better than Lampard overall, but the way Chelsea are playing just now and with Capello's favoured set up for England, you simply can't look past big Frank (tu)

I've heard that Gerrard is close to chucking it in for England.

It's a fact that a massive number of Scousers don't really give a flying one about their national team. It's the culmination of what they percieve as the 'blame Liverpool for everything culture' (Heysel etc) and Carragher walking out is supposedly just the start.

Gerrard's already came out and said that he's only played 5 of his 60-odd England games in his preferred position, which is a fair point. In one of Henry Winter's recent columns (a superb football writer), he claimed that at least 5 England players would chuck it in if they weren't certain of a starting spot and I truly believe Stevie G to be one of them.

Personally, as a player I think he's better than Lampard overall, but the way Chelsea are playing just now and with Capello's favoured set up for England, you simply can't look past big Frank (tu)

Interesting, very interesting.

I reckon he'll hold out until SA 2010 even if he does get shunted out to the right.

You're right about Winter, PG. One of my favourite football writers, even if he did once describe Thierry Henry as "a beast in the air". :D

He's certainly the heart beat of that side.

Chelsea will be seriously tough to beat to the title this year.

I'd be shocked if Man Utd won it, even if Berbatov hits his Spurs form.

Just wait and see ;)

Ronaldos still got to click into top gear too