Sellout Salmond

wighty1963

Britain is an island with 3 countries in it.

Last time I looked there was a big chunk of water between us and Ireland.

We would still have the union of the crowns, and all the same friends and relatives down south.

And free trade under Europe.

Its the political union within Britain that lets Scotland down.

All those going on that we don't have the industry to support ourselves.

Well if you believe that, it is the union that got us into that situation..

Salmond has always held up ireland as the independence model we should aspire to along with other small nations "on the periphery of Europe"

Theres also a big chunk of water between Iceland, Ireland and Norway, that was Salmonds "Crescent of Prosperity"

Two of them are financial basket cases and almost sank into the "big chunk of water" the other chucked the EU altogether

Thankfully, other "small nations on the periphery of Europe" like Portugal and Greece are doing very well :craphead:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salmond has always held up ireland as the independence model we should aspire to along with other small nations "on the periphery of Europe"

Theres also a big chunk of water between Iceland, Ireland and Norway, that was Salmonds "Crescent of Prosperity"

Two of them are financial basket cases and almost sank into the "big chunk of water" the other chucked the EU altogether

Thankfully, other "small nations on the periphery of Europe" like Portugal and Greece are doing very well :craphead:

Better not mention Norway - they are twice as wealthy as us.

I don't hand over my pay packet to my neighbour every week and ask him to spend my money for me.

Independence is about having more power to make your own decisions.

Personally I think that's a good thing. :)

He wont be spending it for you but he will setting your interest rates and borrowing limits.

He`ll probably be a bit cheesed that you pissed off with the savings you found under your side of the bed

when you ran of with that Belgian Berlin bird, and after an acrimonious divorce will have no compunction to

keep buying your goods - your biggest customer will become your biggest competitor and who could blame him if

he wasnt your best friend even if you want him to be. :)

He wont be spending it for you but he will setting your interest rates and borrowing limits.

He`ll probably be a bit cheesed that you pissed off with the savings you found under your side of the bed

when you ran of with that Belgian Berlin bird, and after an acrimonious divorce will have no compunction to

keep buying your goods - your biggest customer will become your biggest competitor and who could blame him if

he wasnt your best friend even if you want him to be. :)

lol. your biggest customer already is your biggest competitor .

Except he has your wallet.

Better not mention Norway - they are twice as wealthy as us.

Norway was occupied by the Nazis

Luckily we had the Royal Navy in the "big chunk of water".

I suppose the might of Sammies "coracle flotilla" will stop any future invasions when we quit NATO (tu)

Aye ofc, if you believe that letting Megrahi go was a Scottish decision, then i dont think you have read enough about that particular case. Its hardly a reason to keep the staus quo. All a unionist can ever say is pro independence people are racist and crazy and if they get power, Scotland will sink into the sea.

I know im pissing in the wind arguing with fellow fans about this, and im not really one for insulting randoms on the internet, so i think we can just agree to disagree. Although, im quite happy to listen to anyone that can give me a good reason why we should stay in an outdated union that doesnt really suit either country. I wont hold my breath.

I've only read your reply and not the subsequent posts since. Firstly, thank you for not throwing toys out the pram and trying to enter into a sensible debate. Sometimes politics can be very simple and boil down to two people just having different views, even if both can be seen as sensible. So I'll give this a shot.

Megrahi was two fingers up at Westiminster as far as I'm concerned and if you feel it was a decision made for the advancement of Scotland then I think you're wrong. With regards to the "outdated union" I would say where do we stop? Frankly I think it's outdated that I have to share a country with religious zealots who think children should be separated at the age of 5 according to their religion. Should we maybe not go one step further and ask for folk to give a good reason to remain part of a country where we are surrounded by religious freaks. :rolleyes:

The only reason Alex Salmond is hell bent on independence is that is wife remembers the last time Scotland was an independent country . . . come on, a man married to a woman eighteen years older than he is, no children, an RBS trained economist (aye that bunch of fannies that bankrupted Great Britain) . . . would you trust him?

Salmond is a fat arsehole who has idly stood back while every cunt and their dug has had a dig at Rangers, and him and his Jacobite pals in the SNP have acted disgustingly with their silence. That reason is they hate us and they hate Rangers are seen as a unionist, protestant club. It's fuckin obvious.

Salmond is a fat arsehole who has idly stood back while every cunt and their dug has had a dig at Rangers, and him and his Jacobite pals in the SNP have acted disgustingly with their silence. That reason is they hate us and they hate Rangers are seen as a unionist, protestant club. It's fuckin obvious.

fucks sake, Salmond defended us at first, saying Celtic need rangers, and took pelters for it.

The tims were raging.

And rangers has fans from all walks of life, including plenty who vote SNP.

And this jacobite pish - get a grip.

Its 2012 and religion is dying.

Remember, the opposite of independence is DEPENDENCE.

fucks sake, Salmond defended us at first, saying Celtic need rangers, and took pelters for it.

The tims were raging.

If you think that the xenophobic twat, Salmond, has actually put in a decent shift defending Rangers you are at best naive.

The tims were raging.

Salmond must have had the Rangers fans in mind when he quoted Bobby Kennedy and Charles Stewart Parnell

in his Keynote Speech at the last SNP Party Conference. :craphead:

If religion is dying why does he spend half his time sucking up to Cardinal Keith O`Brien?

Britain IS independent :uk:

The other week he spoke of his support for Halls the sausage factory who have hit hard times but nothing for one of Scotlands largest instituitions.

Whit? Is Paradise Holiday Camp in Carstairs going bust?

Edit: Maybe I got that the wrong way round. Carstairs Holiday Camp in Paradise. Aye that's right.

I don't hand over my pay packet to my neighbour every week and ask him to spend my money for me.

Independence is about having more power to make your own decisions.

Personally I think that's a good thing. :)

Except that analogy doesn't ring true with you.

You don't want to spend your own pay packet. You want to ask a fatty in Edinburgh to spend it for you rather than a toff in London.