2 minutes ago, AyeReadyStu said:

Djokovic, at this point is just too good for Andy. Mentally especially so. I don't see where Andy can go from here in terms of large changes to his game to compete. Approaching 30 now it's too late for him to do something like change his forehand motion or racket to something else. I don't think it gets any better for him honestly.

Nonsense. Federer completely reinvented his game in his thirties and it got him into a few more slam finals.

Just now, Creampuff said:

Nonsense. Federer completely reinvented his game in his thirties and it got him into a few more slam finals.

Question is does Murray have the humility to try that and accept he might fall down the rankings a bit while he changes things around? I don't think Andy knows another way of playing tennis.

You also seem to forget that Federer is pretty much an anomaly in that department. Only other guy I can think of who reinvented himself late in his career is Agassi, won 5 slams after turning 29.

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Djokovic was born just across the road from Roland Garros. How else do you explain the reaction of the crowd to the home town hero?

I hope his mother got done for neglect on the fuckin pavement selfish bitch

Just now, KingKirk said:

nothing to do with heads going down. Novak is just better simple. He's no better cause he keeps his head up its more to to with bh and fh mate ?

Totally agree , Murray is not and never will be as good as Novak , but none of the big three quit when they were down like Murray does.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Yeah but Federer was technically a much better player before his 30s than Andy Murray is. 

Murray was the agressor in the first..playing like he did against Wawrinka. 2nd and 3rd sets the unforced errors were just too high against someone like Novak. Aggression and keeping the unforced errors down is how he can beat him. Interesting to see the stats about how aggressive he was under Lendl..he needs that back. Makes a huge difference (US, Gold & Wimbledon).

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

Are you still on the vodka and sprite? :lol: 

Tennis is probably up there with boxing as the hardest sport on the planet, infact probably harder than boxing.  You have to be the fittest of the fit.  Matches sometimes last 3-4 hours at times.  Murrays done amazingly to get where he is, it's just a shame he's born into a generation of probably the three greatest tennis players of all time, otherwise he would have won a lot more.

Did you actually think I was being serious when I said a 4 week course? 

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Will Djokovic equal or surpass Fed's grand slam record? 

Probably,  can see Novak doing the calendar slam this year. That would take him very close. Apart from Andy there is no one coming through to challenge, with Fed and Nadal both finished now imo.

I feel sorry for Murray playing in this era, any other time I suspect he could have had another four or five to his name. 

4 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Probably,  can see Novak doing the calendar slam this year. That would take him very close. Apart from Andy there is no one coming through to challenge, with Fed and Nadal both finished now imo.

I feel sorry for Murray playing in this era, any other time I suspect he could have had another four or five to his name. 

I genuinely feel the lad. He is working as hard as he can and improved every aspect of his game and he still hits the djokovic hurdle every time. He needs to keep believing and keep working - particularly at Wimbledon and the US open where he has won his two slams against djokovic -  that he can repeat it, but it must be getting harder and harder with every defeat.

What was everyone here's expectation of Murray when he first started to get attention? He has far exceeded my expectations already, so I'm always a bit surprised by the level of frustration expressed by tennis fans in this country when he loses. I get that we think he's capable of more (because we have seen it) but I also get that his personality is what it is and it has always been that way. He just doesn't have ice in his veins, he is never going to be a consistent killer and he was never going to be.