Jon Daly Joins Raith Rovers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He can score as many goals as he likes for Raith as long as he gets fuck all against us, so best of luck to an honest pro.

The thing that got my attention was the comment from Ray McKinnon having a dig about another Championship rival who tried to nick Daly from under the nose of the Fife club.

Jon Daly turned down a more lucrative offer from a Scottish Championship rival to sign for Raith Rovers, says new manager Ray McKinnon.

The 32-year-old released by Rangers has agreed a deal until January and McKinnon said the striker also had offers from England and abroad.

"There was a last-minute call from a big club in our league trying to steal him away," said McKinnon.

"He was offered a lot, lot more money to go there, but we shook hands on a deal on Sunday night and, true to his word, he came in and signed for us, and that shows his character," he told his club website.

Now how many could be considered as a "BIG CLUB" in our league and who could afford to pay him a lot more money to play for them? :shifty:

I thought we looked a lot more dangerous with him in the side than Boyd... I know that's not saying much.... but still, I definately don't grudge him any success he has this year so long as he's not scoring against us. At least he's been acting with a bit of dignity after leaving us.
Is Black not training with Raith now as well? I'm sure I read that at the tail end of last week. Thats one dick I do grudge any future success.

End of July Black was training with them.

Raith boss Ray McKinnon has admitted he is a big admirer of former Hearts and Rangers star Ian Black.

The midfielder, who left Ibrox at the end of last season, has been in training with Rovers this week.

Black, who is 30, is certain to be on the radar of several clubs but McKinnon would not be drawn on whether Raith was one of them.

The manager said: “Ian has been in training with us this week after we agreed to give him the use of our facilities.

“He is a player I like who has performed at the highest level and he has looked good.

“However, at the moment he is just in training with us.”

He can score as many goals as he likes for Raith as long as he gets fuck all against us, so best of luck to an honest pro.

The thing that got my attention was the comment from Ray McKinnon having a dig about another Championship rival who tried to nick Daly from under the nose of the Fife club.

Jon Daly turned down a more lucrative offer from a Scottish Championship rival to sign for Raith Rovers, says new manager Ray McKinnon.

The 32-year-old released by Rangers has agreed a deal until January and McKinnon said the striker also had offers from England and abroad.

"There was a last-minute call from a big club in our league trying to steal him away," said McKinnon.

"He was offered a lot, lot more money to go there, but we shook hands on a deal on Sunday night and, true to his word, he came in and signed for us, and that shows his character," he told his club website.

Now how many could be considered as a "BIG CLUB" in our league and who could afford to pay him a lot more money to play for them? :shifty:

Was reported he knocked back a last minute contract from Hibs on significantly more money as he'd given RR his word he'd sign.

Was reported he knocked back a last minute contract from Hibs on significantly more money as he'd given RR his word he'd sign.

It wasn't difficult to figure out it was the scummy cunts from Embra who tried to hijack the signing as it was reported they are now sniffing after Darren McGregor to join them, plus the fact I received a text from a very good mate of mine who happens to be a lifelong Hibee who said Stubbs is going to offer that cunt,Ian Black use of the Hibs training facilities.

Maybe he thinks signing Rangers rejects might guarantee them a play-off place :mutley:

And big kudos to Jon Daly for telling Hivs to get to fuck and keeping his word to Ray McKinnon :thumbup:

Thank fuck you don't play for the Glasgow rangers now because you are shit big john ! But no all we get is good luck and thanks for being shit and making more cash than you could ever imagine out of us .. Tarried prick

Not a member of the John Daly Emerald RSC then? :ohmy:

To be fair, I reckon if we'd had any sort of football system other than hoofball, when he played for us then I think things may have been a hell of a lot different.

Good luck to him and he goes with my best wishes. A hat trick against the HIVs anytime he likes would be great thanks. :thumbup:

All the best big man

I hope the bigotry sent your way from your fellow countrymen (real ones as well as plastics)

has all faded into history now, enjoy the rest of your career and remember

to play absolutely shite when you run out against the most successful

professional team in the world.

:uk: