Walter's Smith Speaks about in fighting

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a shame for him but understand his reasons - like many of us he just wants to go see footballl.

If you think people are staying away just because of the bullshit off the park you're wrong. The football is one of the main reasons people are staying away. A new manager and a better brand of football would work wonders for our attendances.

If you think people are staying away just because of the bullshit off the park you're wrong. The football is one of the main reasons people are staying away. A new manager and a better brand of football would work wonders for our attendances.

I dont remember a boycott being caled against the manager / team - the boycott talk is all about the boardroom - but folk want to twist it to their 'Ally oot' aganda.

Also we are talking about one mans opinion here (Walter's) for staying away - but again dont let that stop you twisting the thread to have more 'Ally Oot' content

I dont remember a boycott being caled against the manager / team - the boycott talk is all about the boardroom - but folk want to twist it to their 'Ally oot' aganda.

Also we are talking about one mans opinion here (Walter's) for staying away - but again dont let that stop you twisting the thread to have more 'Ally Oot' content

The boycot is only takin a few hundred off attendances, the dire football under mccoist is taking thousands off the attendances. The mhedia won't admit this due to the agendas being driven. The mhedia want the other mob because they know the will continue to drip feed them exclusives if they ever win control

The boycot is only takin a few hundred off attendances, the dire football under mccoist is taking thousands off the attendances. The mhedia won't admit this due to the agendas being driven. The mhedia want the other mob because they know the will continue to drip feed them exclusives if they ever win control

(tu)

Ally and the teams performance is keeping the majority away not daft boycotts.

Fs Walter come and sit with the fans.

I fucking love Walter Smith! It's a shame he feels it's better to stay away , and I can understand his reasons why. Our club is very draining right now for the everyday fan , never mind somebody who's going to be in every paper as if he's showing his support for the people who run the club.

Think that just about sums it up, the football is totally rubbish

Is that the reason why there were still 15,000+ empty seats at Armed Forces Day when the "boycott" was called off? The "boycott" is the warcry of a small minority group, the vast majority of people are staying away because of the shite football and because theyre unhappy with the manager. You know this fine well, youre just either too delusional to see it or too deeply entrenched in denial to admit it. Stop kidding yourself on if you think your attitude of denial and deflection does any good youre wrong.

Its funny how Walters main issue here is “Since I left the board, the reason I don’t go back is because is everybody keeps saying to me: ‘You are supporting that side, your are supporting this side or the other side’. And youve just done that exact thing by putting him on one side not the others.

Whenever the boycotters organize theres about 40 of them. And nearly every person I know whos currently not attending games is due to the manager. Your denial of these blatant facts causes more in fighting on this forum than most others.

He's probably staying away because his understudy's tactics drive him up the wall. He's seeing someone he put forward as his replacement, not use the knowledge he imparted, and seeing descent amongst the fans as a result.

(tu)

No doubt feeling a bit guilty about it all.

If Walter was interviewed and asked about our performances what do yous think he would say? Id like to think hed be genuine enough to give a real answer but part of me thinks he'd just defend Ally.

I love Walter though hes one of the few untainted legends at our club, along with Ally, who is a shite manager but that doesnt stain his reputation as a true Rangers man for me. We need more people like Walter coming to games. Id like if the club would invite John Greig back.

In fact wouldnt it be a nice idea for a bunch of fans to get together to invite Greig back? Let him know that for us its not about the board its about the Rangers and that we all still have love and respect for him and want to see him back at Ibrox. Something like that would be good for the morale at Ibrox I think. Would be nice for some fans to unite over something positive for once.

I dont remember a boycott being caled against the manager / team - the boycott talk is all about the boardroom

I gave up my ST because of the manager and the direction he's taking us. When I didn't renew I gave that as my specific reason for non-renewal. It had nothing to do with matters off the park. I highly doubt I'm the only one. Add to this, Rangers increased the price of tickets this year too. So yeah, it's not all about the boardroom.

Well thankfully the majority are sticking by the team through thick and thin TMB. Tell me this does it make you a supporter if you will only go and SUPPORT the team if it plays silky football every week ?

I bought a ST when we were in the 3rd divison. At that time we didn't even know if we were throwing our money away. I paid for mine upfront and there were rumours that the company could just go belly up again. I bought a ST because I was trying to save the club. We didn't even know what or who we'd be watching for fuck sake. However, It was a great year for me personally as a fan because I met so many players, former players, and got to collect the 12th man award at the end of it.

However, I began to grow disillusioned at what McCoist was doing from the very begining. Signing Ian Black who I've never thought was a good player was puzzling. Then McCoist brought in Sandaza, Shiels, Templeton, Kyle, and we already had Wallace, Jig, Alexander, etc. I started to worry we were spending too much money, as did other people. McCoist tried to justify this spending by telling us we'd be competitng in the domestic cups. As we all know, Ally's cup record has been nothing short of a fucking disaster so did we just speand that money to win a couple of Mickey Mouse leagues? It looks like we did. Not to mention, the football we were playing in the 3rd was fucking dire despite the fact we were spending millions on wages, against guys who were playing for free, in probably the worst league in British football. I could go in to more detail about how I became so disillusioned but it's all been said before. Let me just assure you that my decison not to return was because of the football, and nothing to do with the boardroom.

I'd also say that anyone who bought a 3rd divison ST can call themselves a real fan. Many turned up for the first time in years because they loved the club. They dug deep for a ST and them dug deep again for shares. There was lots of young bears at the ground and prices were more suited to what we should be expecting from Scottish football. As far as I'm concerned the fans of Rangers couldn't have done more over the last few years. It sickens me to see such massive sums of money spent on such an inept manager and poor players of his choosing to keep him happy. The incompetence constantly exibited by McCoist is staggering and I refuse to go back to Ibrox until that man is gone. McCoist is doing more harm than good and the quicker people understand that the better our club is going to be.

I disagree - what sort of faiirweather supporter stays away because of shite football - or the boardromm shenannigans for that matter.

I have YET to see any organised boycott based on playing style - but I do see organised boycotts based on the boardroom bollocks.

I gave up my ST because of the manager and the direction he's taking us. When I didn't renew I gave that as my specific reason for non-renewal. It had nothing to do with matters off the park. I highly doubt I'm the only one. Add to this, Rangers increased the price of tickets this year too. So yeah, it's not all about the boardroom.

I bought a ST when we were in the 3rd divison. At that time we didn't even know if we were throwing our money away. I paid for mine upfront and there were rumours that the company could just go belly up again. I bought a ST because I was trying to save the club. We didn't even know what or who we'd be watching for fuck sake. However, It was a great year for me personally as a fan because I met so many players, former players, and got to collect the 12th man award at the end of it.

However, I began to grow disillusioned at what McCoist was doing from the very begining. Signing Ian Black who I've never thought was a good player was puzzling. Then McCoist brought in Sandaza, Shiels, Templeton, Kyle, and we already had Wallace, Jig, Alexander, etc. I started to worry we were spending too much money, as did other people. McCoist tried to justify this spending by telling us we'd be competitng in the domestic cups. As we all know, Ally's cup record has been nothing short of a fucking disaster so did we just speand that money to win a couple of Mickey Mouse leagues? It looks like we did. Not to mention, the football we were playing in the 3rd was fucking dire despite the fact we were spending millions on wages, against guys who were playing for free, in probably the worst league in British football. I could go in to more detail about how I became so disillusioned but it's all been said before. Let me just assure you that my decison not to return was because of the football, and nothing to do with the boardroom.

I'd also say that anyone who bought a 3rd divison ST can call themselves a real fan. Many turned up for the first time in years because they loved the club. They dug deep for a ST and them dug deep again for shares. There was lots of young bears at the ground and prices were more suited to what we should be expecting from Scottish football. As far as I'm concerned the fans of Rangers couldn't have done more over the last few years. It sickens me to see such massive sums of money spent on such an inept manager and poor players of his choosing to keep him happy. The incompetence constantly exibited by McCoist is staggering and I refuse to go back to Ibrox until that man is gone. McCoist is doing more harm than good and the quicker people understand that the better our club is going to be.

Great post.

Is that the reason why there were still 15,000+ empty seats at Armed Forces Day when the "boycott" was called off? The "boycott" is the warcry of a small minority group, the vast majority of people are staying away because of the shite football and because theyre unhappy with the manager. You know this fine well, youre just either too delusional to see it or too deeply entrenched in denial to admit it. Stop kidding yourself on if you think your attitude of denial and deflection does any good youre wrong.

Its funny how Walters main issue here is “Since I left the board, the reason I don’t go back is because is everybody keeps saying to me: ‘You are supporting that side, your are supporting this side or the other side’. And youve just done that exact thing by putting him on one side not the others.

Whenever the boycotters organize theres about 40 of them. And nearly every person I know whos currently not attending games is due to the manager. Your denial of these blatant facts causes more in fighting on this forum than most others.

... as I have said elsewhere I have yet to see a 'organised' boycott based on style of play - but UB, SOS, etc. have boycotts in place based on boardroom shite - and its a poor level of support to NOT back your team for any reason.

(tu)

Well said.