Youth Patience Myth

AlBear.

We have heard over and over, if younger players were played people would be more patient, understanding.

Look at the comments directed at Aird right now. I'm not here to defend him, he's on a poor run atm, but he's a 19/20 year old making his way in the game.

I have no doubt he will have a good career because he has pace, athleticism and hunger. He'll work all day and you'll never see him hide. Even, if he plays shite for 85 mins he will often still pop up with a goal or an assist.

We have no patience for poor performances and that is a part of young players as they learn.

We blame a lot of things for not producing more youngsters, but never ourselves. Encouragement from the fans will go a long way in helping young players in their Rangers careers.

We have heard over and over, if younger players were played people would be more patient, understanding.

Look at the comments directed at Aird right now. I'm not here to defend him, he's on a poor run atm, but he's a 19/20 year old making his way in the game.

I have no doubt he will have a good career because he has pace, atleticism and hunger. He'll work all day and you'll never see him hide. Even, if he plays shite for 85 mins he will often still pop up with a goal or an assist.

We have no patience for poor performances and that is a part of young players as they learn.

We blame a lot of things for not producing more youngsters, but never ourselves. Encouragement from the fans will go a long way in helping young players in their Rangers careers.

One of the consistent traits amongst young players is inconsistency! And we have no patience whether youth or not but most of the older players can at least handle the abuse/ pressure that would break some younger players!

Aird was no worse than black last night, and miles above law who was fucking awol again

I agree with Law but imo Black was decent, Aird should be benched with Templeton starting for a few games, the cross for the goal apart his crossing was shocking (as it mostly has been along with his corners)

Aird has not been playing well recently. However he gets a hard time of it. On the other side MacLeod gets the support of an excellent fullback and in general the team provide more options over there. Aird seems to have been told to get it in early and the other players respond to this by flooding the box when he gets the ball. He is left with no option but to chuck in an aimless ball from deep. It happens all the bloody time. Giving the boy some support, options and freedom to do something other than a deep cross might help him show what he's capable of.

I have no doubt he will have a good career because he has pace, athleticism and hunger. He'll work all day and you'll never see him hide. Even, if he plays shite for 85 mins he will often still pop up with a goal or an assist.

Sense? Will never catch on I tell ye

I have to agree with you as I have been inclined to be a bit impatient at times with Aird, especially when he won't take a player on or his delivery of the ball is inconsistent, we should be blaming the coaches for this as its down to them to improve the young lads in areas of the game they're struggling with.

Criticism has fuck all to do with patience (tu)

A spades a spade - he played poorly, nothing to do with his age or lack of talent. I don't rate Aird, especially as a winger, I've seen more talent in Barrie McKay than Aird has showed. To say us fans aren't patient enough with younger players is completely missing the point, most fans I speak to are desperate for youth and some fresh ideas, these new ideas and youth players would still be criticised if they played poorly.... I don't see the issue with that, welcome to Rangers (tu)

Aird could be a a good player for us, I doubt having Ricky Foster behind you is easy, but the way we set up yesterday and every other day is so poor in renders Airds talents useless. Boyd would benefit leaps and bounds if we got to the by line and he was facing the goal with balls cut back to him, he's going to struggle until we do that, and the amount of shite balls Foster and Aird "whipped" in from the half way line, no striker in the world would find that easy.

We have no idea how to isolate wingers one on one with their fullback, make it easy for the young lad, instead we have no real pattern of play and the ball happens to find it's way to Airds feet at the halfway line, with the LM and LB to beat. He ends up smacking a shite cross in or giving it to Foster to do the same thing?

Patience, don't talk to me about patience. I've watched my team be turned into 11 strangers on the park over 3 years hoping for change, with no sign of it ever coming. Decent second half, horrible 1st. Whoopdey doooo, a decent second half. Papers over the cracks and all that will happen is the we'll continue doing the same old pish with no improvement or change, just like the last three years. As much as the crooks in the board have taken us for a ride, we're getting fleeced every week thinking we're watching a football team on the park.

Son! I don't know how old you are but 'patience' and "Rangers supporters" have never belonged in the same sentence for as long as I have have been a Rangers supporter going back to the early 1950's.

I have lost count of the number of young players who no matter their talent have been crucified over one bad game. Fuck I even remember wee Willie Henderson copping an absolute shellaking not long after he made his debut in the 1960-61 season and also Jim Baxter being called the worst player ever to sign for Rangers in a game at old Broomfield when we were doing it a bit tough at the time.

It goes with the territory being a Rangers player.

Agreed OP, a couple around me last night giving young Lewis some stick as well.

It was the standard of his free kicks he got a lot of stick for and his general play was quite poor, I will say one thing even though he seemed frustrated by his own play he stuck at it and kept looking for the ball and deservedly got his goal.

It was the standard of his free kicks he got a lot of stick for and his general play was quite poor, I will say one thing even though he seemed frustrated by his own play he stuck at it and kept looking for the ball and deservedly got his goal.

That's what impressed me, wasn't happening for him but he kept at it and took his goal as good as any top forward.

"If you are good enough you are old enough" nothing to do with age, he has just been terrible as most of his own crosses go nowhere near a Rangers player, he doesn't take anyone on and the less I say about his set pieces the better.

There was a point in second half last night where he came forward with ball, beat a player, turned round and played it back into middle of park and there was a few groans. There were 4 St Johnstone players around him at that point... Said this last night, he keeps on going. For every bad cross there is a good one. If he let the groans and moans get to him and out his head down he may well have not set up the winner last night :rolleyes: