Player ratings

Sinkyrfc88

Simonsen- 7 good save horrible injury hope is ok.

Foster- 6 big improvement from Saturday great tackle in first half to stop goal and not as wasteful

McGregor-8 looks to be growing in confidence each week physical in the challenge.

McCulloch-7 looked comfortable all game after poor performance last week

Wallace-8 stopped crosses coming in all night endless energy

Black-6 played decent enough but on occasions overpowered.

Aird-3 no confidence poor delivery needs to be dropped

Law-3 missing in action again.

Macleod-9 man of the Match for me excellent performance and great goal.

Miller-6 looked tired for me but was ok

Boyd-6 some decent runs but still lacking confidence

Subs:

Daly-not enough time to rate

Robinson-3 bag of nerves and what he was doing running out for ball on right I have no idea

When you say poor delivery from Aird... Not all the time, i think

Hardest position to play it would seem. Always easy to criticise aswell. He set up the winner, for every good cross he had, he had a bad one. The one thing I always say about him is he doesn't hide, even when the crowd get on his back. Thank god that was the case otherwise he might not have set up the winner tonight...

I think people need to stop being so quick to criticise Aird, it was only a month or two people were raving about him. So much of the game is down to confidence and having the fans on your back can't help him. You can't fault his attitude and you could see he was absolutely buzzing at the end with Macleod that we won. Templeton now seems to be the one people want to play, but again just a month or so ago he was getting slated.

Lots of our players appear to lack confidence non more so than Aird.

Black was especially effective in the first half but our midfield in too slow with distribution.

Not a fan of the keeper but he did make some good saves and the last save was a brave one - hope his recovers quickly as Robinson scares the shit out of me.

McCulloch is a liability and will get roasted against quick forwards - other players constantly covering for him.

Foster had one of his more solid performances.

Boyd - fed up hearing all this unlucky shite - Daly did more in 5 minutes than he did the whole game. Needs to be benched. Miller looked exhausted and Clark could be a straight swap.

Team still lacks confidence not sure how that can be addressed

I am baaffled as to why MacLeod gets the ratings he does from people. He had a goal and one good through ball, but that apart he wasn't any better than the rest of the midfield. Worse maybe. His choices sometimes are not good, and his passing can be really wayward for someone that's supposed to be an outstanding talent. I'm just not seeing it at the moment.

Patience is a virtue, though...

Lots of our players appear to lack confidence non more so than Aird.

Black was especially effective in the first half but our midfield in too slow with distribution.

Not a fan of the keeper but he did make some good saves and the last save was a brave one - hope his recovers quickly as Robinson scares the shit out of me.

McCulloch is a liability and will get roasted against quick forwards - other players constantly covering for him.

Foster had one of his more solid performances.

Boyd - fed up hearing all this unlucky shite - Daly did more in 5 minutes than he did the whole game. Needs to be benched. Miller looked exhausted and Clark could be a straight swap.

Team still lacks confidence not sure how that can be addressed

Pretty accurate summing up.thought the op was spot on with ratings

Simmo - 7 Decent saves and had a steady game. Hopes he makes a speedy recovery

Foster - 6 Good recovery and showed good energy up the flank at times. Still could do more going forward. His distribution was better.

McGregor - 8 A right off by many on this forum before he had even kicked a ball. Growing in stature as a Ranger. Composed although not the quickest.

McCullough - 7 Again composed at the back. Had one dodgy momemt when he booted the ball into the stand. Dont agree with some who commented that he boots the ball at every opportunity. Not in this game anyway. In most cases he finds a team mate with his passes. Unlucky with the goal although it was offside. A stroll in the park for the big man who imho never lets the team down. One of the fittest in the team despite his age.

Wallace - 7 Great energy up and down the flank, frustrating at times as he gets into a good position in the final third and then stops. Would like to see him committ defenders by continuing to run at them. A fine player whom opposing teams hate to see running at them.

Law - 5 A workmanlike performance, never done anything special which is what you expect from a player with his capability. Remove his goals like last night and he contributes very little. Cud do so much better.

Black - 6 Never hides and always will put his foot in. Does his best but I think we are badly missing someone in midfield with a bit of bite. We are lost in midfield when the ball needs to be won in the air. Both our centre mids are quite small. Black is a worker nonetheless

Mccleod - 7 Never an 8 or a 9 in this games. Deserves credit for the goal but to be honest I thought he was average. Not helped by the players around him but didnt really stand out against an average SPL team apart from the goal and an excellent through ball for Boyd. He is still young and will get better. A good prospect but no more than that at the minute. Could do with a similar player on the bench competing for his position.

Aird - 6 - Works hard and gest a 6 for his assist for the goal. Runs about alot with no real purpose. More often than not does not get past the first defender with a cross. Terrible corner kicks. No more than an impact sub.

Boyd - 5 a far better all round player than his first stint but no pace and nowhere near as clinical than his first time at the club. Was always slow but is now dead slow and stop. Must rely on others around him to work the goalscoring positions he needs to be in.

Miller 6 - Cut a frustrated figure. Has not got the legs to do Boyd's running any longer. Impact sub. I would bring young Gallagher back and pair him with Clark.

Robinson 6 - 1 daft moment and rush of blood which seen him charge out of his box and not clear the lines. Glad it didnt turn out costly for him and the team.

Daly - 6 Instant goal threat with his first touch. Really deserves a slot ahead of Boyd. Better all round player the Boyd also.

Smith - 6 Little time to make an impact but helped wind the clock down by keeping the ball.

Manager - 6 Goes with too much caution at times but had the team well set up not to be beat. A wee bit more flair would be a nice.

For me the problem is the link up play on the right wing. Compared to the link up play and movement on the left wing, the team constantly plays one sided. As usual we cant beat the first defender when crossing the ball 9/10 times. However we managed a result, on to the next one.

For me the problem is the link up play on the right wing. Compared to the link up play and movement on the left wing, the team constantly plays one sided. As usual we cant beat the first defender when crossing the ball 9/10 times. However we managed a result, on to the next one.

Yes,pretty much spot on,saying that all season,all from left side,aird is in terrible form,temps should be given extended run