Miller > Clark

AlBear.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Clark and Miller be given a run of games, would force the ball to feet instead of hoofing it up the park.

Boyd has looked terrible since rejoining us, you can blame lack of service all you want but his shooting accuracy has been poor, either directly at the keeper or 2 yards off target. IMO he is looking like he needs a rest and all the pressure taken off him.

I'd also like to see Daly more often, he has his critics but I'd like to see him paired with Miller or Clark for a decent run of games. Despite my reservations in signing him he has proved to be a good player for us (apart from when McCoist played him when he was injured/unfit ofc).

i dont understand the miller love in tbh, when he was here last time his asset was playing on the last man, and getting balls played in behind to drag defences all over the shop

Now he is dropping deep, almost on top of our midfielders (if we could find law that is) and what that does is allows the defenders to close down the space our midfielders want

we dont have guys like davis, naismith and dare i say it edu, guys who will make runs in behind miller if he gets the ball to feet, miller needs to sit on the last man and force team to drop deep, creating more space for our creative players like macleod

The way clark and boyd played together when miller wasnt fit should have kept them together until they went off form, instead miller came right back in and we look less of a threat on goal when defences are half decent

i dont understand the miller love in tbh, when he was here last time his asset was playing on the last man, and getting balls played in behind to drag defences all over the shop

Now he is dropping deep, almost on top of our midfielders (if we could find law that is) and what that does is allows the defenders to close down the space our midfielders want

we dont have guys like davis, naismith and dare i say it edu, guys who will make runs in behind miller if he gets the ball to feet, miller needs to sit on the last man and force team to drop deep, creating more space for our creative players like macleod

The way clark and boyd played together when miller wasnt fit should have kept them together until they went off form, instead miller came right back in and we look less of a threat on goal when defences are half decent

I think the article answers those valid points.

Daly & miller at tynecastle for me

Do you go two up top at Tynecastle?

We can't let their midfield crowd us out or else we'll be fucked with McCoist's lack of tactics.

Keeper

Foster McGregor Zalikuas Wallace

Black Law

Aird Macleod Templeton

Miller

Miller can hold the ball up well when the ball comes into his feet. So as long as we keep the ball on the deck it's a good option.

We can't let their midfield crowd us out or else we'll be fucked with McCoist's lack of tactics.

Keeper

Black Law

Aird Macleod Templeton

Miller

Miller can hold the ball up well when the ball comes into his feet. So as long as we keep the ball on the deck it's a good option.

We've gone 2 up top every game, I don't see that changing.

Except, if we play the scum can see us going 4-5-1 with Miller up top maybe.

Wouldn't mind trying a 4-3-3, but a proper 4-3-3, with Clark and Miller either side of either Boyd or Daly.

Keeper

Black Law

Aird Macleod Templeton

Miller

the invisible man and mr ego as defensive mids is vomit producing tbh, black is the better of the two but both arent good enough for it imo

Is Boyd not our top scorer this season and also he has the most assists? lol

Boyd is horrible. He's joint top with a midfielder... mainly because Miller and Clark have been out for prolonged spells with injury.

Last night he done nothing but blow great chances and he does it on a weekly basis just now.

At least when Kenny and Clark aint scoring they offer something, Boyd has zero pace and is a lazy footballer.

People on here were going on about how he was ging to score 30-40 goals this season :lol:

Aye...maybe on the playstation.

Boyd is horrible. He's joint top with a midfielder... mainly because Miller and Clark have been out for prolonged spells with injury.

Last night he done nothing but blow great chances and he does it on a weekly basis just now.

At least when Kenny and Clark aint scoring they offer something, Boyd has zero pace and is a lazy footballer.

People on here were going on about how he was ging to score 30-40 goals this season :lol:

Aye...maybe on the playstation.

He's missed some amount of chances this season, one on ones as well, for whatever reasons. Can't argue with his work rate so far though.

As I see it Boyd's work rate puts him above Daly, the same as Miller's experience put's him ahead of Clark. For now.

We've gone 2 up top every game, I don't see that changing.

Except, if we play the scum can see us going 4-5-1 with Miller up top maybe.

Wouldn't mind trying a 4-3-3, but a proper 4-3-3, with Clark and Miller either side of either Boyd or Daly.

If Bauben and Gomis are both playing I think it's a huge risk. They'll play 1 up top with Sow.

So having two players in the middle of the park who are better at retaining the ball than Law and Black I think it's a risk, especially since they'll have another man in there as well.

I think Jim mentioned a 4-3-3 and the team would probably look quite good on paper. But you'd worry that both Clark and Miller would slip back into a midfield 5.

If Bauben and Gomis are both playing I think it's a huge risk. They'll play 1 up top with Sow.

So having two players in the middle of the park who are better at retaining the ball than Law and Black I think it's a risk, especially since they'll have another man in there as well.

I think Jim mentioned a 4-3-3 and the team would probably look quite good on paper. But you'd worry that both Clark and Miller would slip back into a midfield 5.

I think that's the point of most 4-3-3 formations. Yes, with the ball you want the 3 strikers up there predominantly, but under pressure the wider players dropping in is useful.