Off form/ underperforming players & late subs

BigBearButt

First off what is it with McCoist and him sticking by off form/unfit players?

What does it take to drop Aird, Boyd and Law? None have performed consistently enough to merit a nailed down place in the starting 11 yet they keep appearing

For me he clearly has his favourites as it seems Templeton isn’t allowed a poor 45 minutes never mind a run of 4 or 5 games.

Last night summed it up for me, all three of the above were quite frankly honking last night and offered us next to nothing. Sure you can argue Airds cross got us the goal, however it must have been his first cross that beat the first man all match.

To add to this why does he wait so long to make substitutions? Daly would have benefited from getting on the pitch a lot earlier for the anonymous Boyd and Aird should have been replaced at Half time with Templeton who can actually get past a man and whip in some dangerous balls.

Obviously the keeper getting injured last night had an impact on the number of subs available but more often than not he waits too long then throws on 2 or 3 players randomly.

I maybe should be just happy with the win but am getting sick of how brutal we are to watch.

He kept faith with Fraser, set up the winning goal in the 86th minute. If 99% of people on here had their way Aird would not have been on the pitch at all.

Templeton has been given plenty of chances to make an impact as a starter. Invariably he goes missing, this left him as a substitute where he has had massive impacts in wins either creating or finishing.

Fans will always think we know better. But, there's no opinion involved in subs and team selections. We win, it was right. We don't it was wrong.

He kept faith with Fraser, set up the winning goal in the 86th minute. If 99% of people on here had their way Aird would not have been on the pitch at all.

Templeton has been given plenty of chances to make an impact as a starter. Invariably he goes missing, this left him as a substitute where he has had massive impacts in wins either creating or finishing.

Fans will always think we know better. But, there's no opinion involved in subs and team selections. We win, it was right. We don't it was wrong.

So Aird is allowed to be crap all game however should retain his place in the team because he managed one good cross all match? Templeton has a much better delivery and would have been more benefitial to the team.

'Templeton has been given plenty of chances to make an impact as a starter. Invariably he goes missing' ....... As Aird has been yet he remains in the team

Every time Templeton has started a game this season he has been dire.Coming on as a sub I will agree he has been okay at times.Aird is not the finished article but he has a great work rate and never hides and yes he did set up the goal last night.Boyd for me had one of his better games last night and Law drifted in and out of the game but got much stronger in the last 25minutes.

So Aird is allowed to be crap all game however should retain his place in the team because he managed one good cross all match? Templeton has a much better delivery and would have been more benefitial to the team.

'Templeton has been given plenty of chances to make an impact as a starter. Invariably he goes missing' ....... As Aird has been yet he remains in the team

Aird, unlike lots of players will never hide or give up. I admire that quality in a 20 year old footballer. He will improve, and keep that desire and hunger as he progresses.

Have you actually watched Templeton? His crosses are equally inconsistent and poor. He is not a winger either, he wont hit the byline over and over. His game is drifting in with the ball using skill to beat a player.

Every time Templeton has started a game this season he has been dire.Coming on as a sub I will agree he has been okay at times.Aird is not the finished article but he has a great work rate and never hides and yes he did set up the goal last night.Boyd for me had one of his better games last night and Law drifted in and out of the game but got much stronger in the last 25minutes.

Im sorry but law was the worst player on the park last night out of both teams, he offers nothing

Yes I have watched templeton and he is a much better footballer than Aird.

If Aird wasnt a 'home grown' player then people wouldnt be so supportive he has been poor and is a one trick pony. I will give you that he is a trier but triers do not win you games. Actual skill and ability do ..............something which templeton has in spades.

Yes I have watched templeton and he is a much better footballer than Aird.

If Aird wasnt a 'home grown' player then people wouldnt be so supportive he has been poor and is a one trick pony. I will give you that he is a trier but triers do not win you games. Actual skill and ability do ..............something which templeton has in spades.

Probably because he's 6 years older than Fraser.

It was a fantastic header because it was a difficult cross in which to control the header to score.

9/10 players would have been unable to score from that angle. He didnt quite put it on a plate in a moment of magic ffs. Rewatch the goal the cross was decent yes but not something which you wouldnt expect from a winger i.e. beating the first man.

Yeah you are right because I disagree with your opinion it means I dont watch the games. yawn

Off form & underperforming, but we still beat Premier League opposition, that's pretty impressive actually. I wonder what it'd be like when our teams on form, and performing to the maximum :O Dare I say.... we'd smash the timothys?

Well I'll just have to agree to disagree

I just find it strange that people are overlooking how many failed crosses/dribbles/corners he had because he managed one half decent cross into the box all game which happened to result in our winning goal. I mean cmon %s mean he was bound to get one half decent cross past the first defenders heid.

Boyd is joint top goalscorer at the club right now (tu) He can do better, but if he is our top scorer when off form, then I can't wait to see him when he is on form.

top scorer with a young lad who's missed a couple of games through injury, not to mention the young lad is a midfielder

I find it quite interesting how many players get slaughtered on here, but when you watch the highlights or goal of the month they are involved or actually score.

given the amount of the ball we have, even guys like black, law, and aird last night for example can produce something decent once in a 90minute game (well law hasnt for weeks now)

still doesnt mean they are free from abuse for being absolutely honking for 90minutes

if ricky foster costs us 5 goals one game, but then clears one off the line, would that make him have a good game? if you get me lol

given the amount of the ball we have, even guys like black, law, and aird last night for example can produce something decent once in a 90minute game (well law hasnt for weeks now)

still doesnt mean they are free from abuse for being absolutely honking for 90minutes

if ricky foster costs us 5 goals one game, but then clears one off the line, would that make him have a good game? if you get me lol

Aird's crosses may be poor, but they're not 'conceding 5 goals' poor ffs. :lol:

Speaking of the devil, Foster actually done really well last night.