If Newcastle Were Doing Well

JamieG54

Would peoples reactions be different to Mike Ashley?

I don't really get all the criticism. He is a very successful businessman. We might slag sports direct etc but its one of the most profitable businesses going at the moment. If Newcastle were near Europe every year would we be more welcoming to Ashley? I'm happy to give him a chance. He cant be worse than what we've had. He will run us well off the field which means we will have to be doing well on it.

They beat Spurs at the weekend and are leading City away just now ;)

I think its more the cloak and dagger stuff with Ashley

We don't want any more hush hush deals

We want transparency after everything that has went on the last few years

Ashley could do a 5 minute interview or personal statement and totally turn the tide with the right words

Actions speak louder than words however, so let's see what he does

If we do draw the Tims in SF the eyes of Europe will be in the game after everything that has happened

If he wants Rangers to appeal to a wider fan base he will need to stump up for a few player come January

I don't really get all the criticism. He is a very successful businessman. We might slag sports direct etc but its one of the most profitable businesses going at the moment. If Newcastle were near Europe every year would we be more welcoming to Ashley? I'm happy to give him a chance. He cant be worse than what we've had. He will run us well off the field which means we will have to be doing well on it.

If Newcastle were in near or in Europe every year Ashley wouldn't be interested in Rangers

I think its more the cloak and dagger stuff with Ashley

We don't want any more hush hush deals

We want transparency after everything that has went on the last few years

Ashley could do a 5 minute interview or personal statement and totally turn the tide with the right words

Actions speak louder than words however, so let's see what he does

If we do draw the Tims in SF the eyes of Europe will be in the game after everything that has happened

If he wants Rangers to appeal to a wider fan base he will need to stump up for a few player come January, because with our current crop the Tims will pump us and that certainly isn't good PR or advertising for ashley

They just beaten Man City so if they win the cup will newcastle fans hail the chairman.he could put less money into us and get more for his cash in my opinion apart from epl status that's all newcastle have playing in a league they have no chance of competing in.

Well according to some its alleged that shareholders on the sports direct side of rangers retail wouldmt release around 1.8 million of profits tothe club back in June. How true it is I dont know but its starting to look like this repayable loan is basically what we're owed anyway. One dodgy deal after another and only the current stakeholders in the plc are benefiting. The actual football club is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

There's no doubt that Ashley appears to have had a negative impact on Newcastle. Average position went from about 8th (in the 7 years before MA) to 14th (in the 7 years since). With the amount of cash he takes out yearly, that's hardly surprising.

But until a better bet comes along, I'll take him over interpol fugitives, convicted criminals and whatever other assorted chancers rock up at our door.

This isn't yet about doing well, it's just about doing.

if Ashley didn't think he could make money out of Rangers he wouldn't be here at all - and he can only make money out of Rangers if we are successful. I'm happy for him to make money from his investment in the club if there's enough investment to put us back at the top of the game in Scotland. Trying to be optomistic about it, we could be in for a very exciting few years.

Aye but that's not every year, with us and with not too much investment he can get European exposure almost every year, in CL or Europa

Can someone just clarify what exposure exactly he is going to get by us playing in Europe? Is it not chosen sponsors that are advertised in Europe?

Can someone just clarify what exposure exactly he is going to get by us playing in Europe? Is it not chosen sponsors that are advertised in Europe?

i've heard it said he's interested in the support base in the US, Australia and New Zealand too - he obviously thinks there's money to be made and it can't be from asset stripping, we've few enough assets to strip

I'm thinking along these lines too.

If NU made Europe for next season I doubt we will, I'm not even sure if we can play if we were to win the SC. The thing is, we're more likely to be in Europe more regulary than NU, so I wouldn't be too worried about them becoming a European force.

With the greatest respect that is a bit of a stupid question. If people believe they are not doing well because of him you can't separate the two things.

Fans dont like him because he's not Paul Murray & Dave King.