Police Investigating a Twatter Troll

NamibianBear

Police investigate Ibrox disaster Twitter troll who allegedly posted a sick tweet mocking victims of accident which claimed 66 lives

DUNDEE United fan Grant Bell said Ibrox was mostly empty during Tuesday’s League Cup match with St Johnstone because fans “had great difficulty using the stairs again.”

ibrox-disaster-image-2-681010630.jpg Officials examine stairway exit 13 following the disaster in which 66 fans died

POLICE are investigating claims a football fan allegedly posted a sick tweet mocking victims of the Ibrox disaster which claimed 66 lives.

A message in the name of Dundee United fan Grant Bell said Ibrox was mostly empty during Tuesday’s League Cup match with St Johnstone because fans “had great difficulty using the stairs again.”

Alongside it was a newspaper splash reporting the 1971 disaster in which 66 fans died and 200 were injured in a crush on a stairway as supporters tried to leave the stadium.

Dozens of calls were made to the Michelin Tyre’s factory in Dundee where the alleged troll works as an apprentice, calling for him to be axed.

Donald Mackenzie, personnel manager at Michelin, said the firm had launched an investigation into the staff member’s alleged conduct but declined to say whether the employee had been suspended.

Ibrox-disaster.jpg VIEW GALLERY

He said: “Michelin is aware of the posts that have allegedly been made on social media by an employee. We are still receiving calls, I’d estimate the number so far being 50-plus.

“We are taking the matter very seriously and a management investigation has been launched.”

Disgusted fans took to social media to vent their fury.

John Beaton said on Facebook:”What a moron, I was on the stairs, I was only 17, I was so lucky to survive, I will never forget that day, it is not a subject to joke about EVER! NEVER FORGET THEM!

While Gary Boag added: “Shocked at this guys comments !! Could not believe he posted that ! He deserves what he gets ! I would hard to lose anybody close to me , never mind any clown mocking it!! SAD!”

The anger has spread to other parts of the UK, with groups in Liverpool reporting the tweet to the police.

John McGivern, secretary of the Hillsborough Ibrox Memorial Group, said: “I am disgusted by the tweet mocking the 66 people who lost their lives at the Ibrox stadium disaster, including eight-year-old Nigel Pickup from Liverpool. I have contacted Merseyside Police over this and reported it as a hate crime.”

A spokesman for Police Scotland said the issue was being investigated.

The Twitter and Facebook accounts have since been deleted.

From Daily Record

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the police actually do something about this and not just warn him, he's got a decent job make him pay.

I doubt the fud will have a decent job much longer or even the same life as he had before.

The only way he has any chance of getting away with this is if the computer that he's sent it from - I do believe it was him who sent it - was in some sort of internet café. Even then, the sais machine may have a fingerprint on it. Other than that, he's a wicked sort that really needs to be punished hard for doing this.

The only way he has any chance of getting away with this is if the computer that he's sent it from - I do believe it was him who sent it - was in some sort of internet café. Even then, the sais machine may have a fingerprint on it. Other than that, he's a wicked sort that really needs to be punished hard for doing this.

CSI: Dutchy. :lol:

As for the prick who did this, he's a cunt. Deserves to get raped by some big bastard with aids, but life is never that fair.