What do we miss about Sir Walter ?

ORCHARD LOYAL

Seen him at the cup game on Tuesday night. The old wily Silver fox.

So as the thread tittle suggest. What do we miss about the man.

Certainly I think we miss his presence about the place. The Authority he had when he stood on the touchline which intimidated other managers because they knew more often than not that Walter had the answers.

Also his handling of the press. Loved the way he conducted his press conferences. He was the gaffer and he commanded respect, He expected it. Played his cards close to his chest. Ally is far too honest and gives too much away. Walter knew when to keep queit. His stern look said it all.

Your thoughts please

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow managing and inspiring a depleted side featuring Andy Dibble, a half fit Ian Durrant and a 36 year old Mark Hateley to a 1-0 victory over Celtic in 1997 on the way to 9 in a row.

Then over a decade later, practically singlehandedly beating Celtic in the 2011 League Cup final by patrolling the touch line and marshalling the troops like the legend he was.

Above all else, he was a winner. Winning was the most important thing.

And, whilst I do not believe McCoist to be on the same level as a manager, I just have this little feeling that deep down there, he can make us winners again. Yes, we have lost to Hearts and Hibs. Yes, we were expected to stroll Division 3 and League One. Yes, the football has been absolutely dire but we are on course to get back where we belong and I want to be there when a Rangers side led by McCoist beats Celtic and reminds the whole of Scottish football that, quite simply, we are the greatest football club in the world.

Somehow managing and inspiring a depleted side featuring Andy Dibble, a half fit Ian Durrant and a 36 year old Mark Hateley to a 1-0 victory over Celtic in 1997 on the way to 9 in a row.

Then over a decade later, practically singlehandedly beating Celtic in the 2011 League Cup final by patrolling the touch line and marshalling the troops like the legend he was.

Above all else, he was a winner. Winning was the most important thing.

And, whilst I do not believe McCoist to be on the same level as a manager, I just have this little feeling that deep down there, he can make us winners again. Yes, we have lost to Hearts and Hibs. Yes, we were expected to stroll Division 3 and League One. Yes, the football has been absolutely dire but we are on course to get back where we belong and I want to be there when a Rangers side led by McCoist beats Celtic and reminds the whole of Scottish football that, quite simply, we are the greatest football club in the world.

He also won us the 9 man final v st mirren in 2010

Who has that gif of Walter going off his nut during a game and he clips Durrant round the head?

That's exactly what we miss right there,see if Walter or Jock Wallace was in charge when we lost that final last season,every single one of those players would've ended up in hospital :lol:

My lasting memory will always be the cup final when Kenny Miller scored the winner.

Going down to 9 men and Walter not leaving the touch line, giving the team absolutely everything he had. It was amazing.

He's the embodiment of what being a Rangers manager should be.