McCoist deserves to see Rangers job through

Bothwellbear

McCoist deserves to see Rangers job through

RUMOURS abounded in Glasgow this week that Ally McCoist was going to be sacked as Rangers manager.

Derek_Johnstone_210x210.jpg

Derek Johnstone Football columnist

Friday 31/10/2014

0 Comments

Print

25741549.jpg

Ally McCoist must underline club's needs to consultant Derek Llambias

But Ally has been told to continue with his job as normal by both temporary executive chairman David Somers and shareholder Sandy Easdale ... and rightly so.

The team is second in the SPFL Championship. Okay, they are seven points behind leaders Hearts. But they have a game in hand and have three games against the Tynecastle club to play in the Championship.

It is not as if they are languishing in mid-table without a hope of winning the title or promotion. They are also, after their win over St Johnstone in the League Cup quarter-final, still in three cup competitions.

I think that having taken Rangers from the bottom division to the second tier he deserves the chance to see the job through. Of course, if his side lose their next half a dozen games then he could be out the door. Every football manager lives with that possibility.

But I am hopeful he will get the chance to continue what he has started. I think he has earned that right.

Hopefully he will sit down with the former Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias, who has come in as a consultant, for talks soon.

He has to outline what position the Ibrox club is in and what their needs are in the future. Because if Rangers do go up to the Premiership - and I am still convinced they will - then the squad will require investment.

There is no way this squad of Gers players will be able to challenge Celtic for the Premiership next season.

Remember, Ally McCoist has only spent money on two players, David Templeton and Lee Wallace, since succeeding Walter Smith as manager three years ago.

Rangers are going to have to spend if they want to bring in a bit of additional quality and push their Old Firm rivals in the top flight.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If his side loses the next half a dozen games he'll be out the door? WTF DJ?

Losing 3 games in a row should be enough to warrant losing his job. I'd like to see him given a chance to take us up but a 6 game losing streak is not an option FS.

Hmm no he's shite and should be punted.

Also this myth of McCoist not having spent transfer money is bollocks.

Ian black say on 8k p/w for 3 years is the same as signing someone for £150k and paying them £4k p/w,

McCoist knew what's his wage budget was.

Hmm no he's shite and should be punted.

Also this myth of McCoist not having spent transfer money is bollocks.

Ian black say on 8k p/w for 3 years is the same as signing someone for £150k and paying them £4k p/w,

McCoist knew what's his wage budget was.

You can't say that, apparently that doesn't count as we didn't pay a fee.

Yea, let him do a wee bit more damage before leaving, eh.

All that money on wages and we have just two sellable assets in Macleod and Wallace.

Piss off.

The more he keeps winning, the more it keeps pissing these people off...which is nice. :)

I've just spent yesterday walking around Dachau, please remove that offensive avatar. Thanks

The more he keeps winning, the more it keeps pissing these people off...which is nice. :)

I've just spent yesterday walking around Dachau, please remove that offensive avatar. Thanks

Make me.

He's ruined the fucking team :lol:

All that money pissed down the drain and we still need to rebuild for the top league.

Make me.

He's ruined the fucking team :lol:

All that money pissed down the drain and we still need to rebuild for the top league.

You're quite clueless about a lot of things aren't you. You're avatar is fucking appalling. Did you complain about the wee arse who posted about the Ibrox disaster?

He 'deserves' fuck all.

Once again a case of judging someone on their previous stint at the club rather than what they have done in their current position.

He should have been canned a long time ago but due to the shitstorm that is our boardroom he has clung on to the job despite doing nothing to deserve that position.

Rangers need him dealt with sooner rather than later if we are to progress as a club.

Not a chance. He's done more than enough damage and should have been punted a long while ago. We're stuck with the worst manager in our history in our lowest period - he actually needs to go for his own benefit as he's embarrassing himself week in week out. He has made enough from the club now and should clear off to his nice paid pundits job - might even get a spot on a couch beside his old pal Lennon.

We have one small problem here Derek, forget the run of the mill no marks we beat week in week out The Rangers support has been aching to hit back and hit back hard at the main perpetrators of our demise namely Dundee Utd , Hibs and Hearts.

The three of them have beaten us at Ibrox this year and this is unacceptable.

the players he has bought have been standouts...Lee Wallace and Temps. He has done his best with free transfers.

You forgetting about the likes of Goain, Ortiz, Mckay, Bedoya, Celik and co?

Temps has not been a standout either, he's been a HUGE dissapointment.

His transfers in large have been utterly shocking.

I don't see how he has done well in the free transfer market either since we are stuck with wage theifs like Shiels, Law, Black ect.

Then you have guys like Snadaza, Kyle, The greek, Cribari and the rest.

McCoist with money is a horrible thought.