More shares

BallochBear

Got my form today to purchase more shares and I'm in a quandary.

Do I spend more money to help my club or do I not?

On one hand I know we need the money badly thanks in part to those who didn't renew, on the other side of the coin, I don't want to potentially lose even more cash. I didn't buy shares as an investment but as something help Rangers and to pass on to my son.

So thanks a lot UoF.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A personal decision on this I think. I spoke to a guy before the game today who works in the City and he basically said - there isn't a lot of wisdom in investing but equally - as a fan - he confirmed he is doing it himself.

I got my paperwork today also and I've already filled it in. I'm proud to have shares in Rangers but I did donate most of mine to Rangers First. I think they collectively can empower their members in a way no single small shareholder could otherwise be. I'm planning to donate a few more pounds to make sure they can take up the option on the donated shares.

Through thick and thin - I will stick with my Club!

Got my form today to purchase more shares and I'm in a quandary.

Do I spend more money to help my club or do I not?

On one hand I know we need the money badly thanks in part to those who didn't renew, on the other side of the coin, I don't want to potentially lose even more cash. I didn't buy shares as an investment but as something help Rangers and to pass on to my son.

So thanks a lot UoF.

Buy if you can afford to - Ian and taking some extra - it's only money

I haven't thought this through yet, or even read the letter which arrived today, but I think what I will do is:

Buy my allocation, but then immediately transfer them to my share dealer account and try to sell them on the open market before the price falls too far. I'll be happy to make a small loss on it if it gets some cash to the club. I can write the small loss off in my head as a 'donation', but I won't have the risk of a bigger loss by holding the shares.

Does that make sense?

I got 500 the first time when it was announced under Charles Green. My new form says its 43 odd quid for some more. Not sure why they put an exact amount when you can request more? I will probably buy a few hundred but I get the feeling it will be cash lost as we will hit admin again I cant see another option unless King or somebody steps up. After the new year wheres the money coming from? Attendances are dropping.

I got 500 the first time when it was announced under Charles Green. My new form says its 43 odd quid for some more. Not sure why they put an exact amount when you can request more? I will probably buy a few hundred but I get the feeling it will be cash lost as we will hit admin again I cant see another option unless King or somebody steps up. After the new year wheres the money coming from? Attendances are dropping.

Imo this issue is mainly to pay back Letham and Easdale. I don't know how many fans got shares before but if 30,000 pay £50 we can cover that even without institutional investors. Although I'm sure the institutional investors will see the long game and not want their shares diluted.

Can King actually purchase any? My understanding is it is for existing shareholders only

As far as I know at the last AGM shareholders didn't give the board the ability to offer new shares to outside investors. So at the next AGM they would need to seek approval for that. Quite possibly very wrong but that's my view of it right now.

He could however use a proxy to purchase shares...anyone got his number?

Cant believe we bought shares for 70p and now they are 20p :(

Depressing on a business level but it was never about the stock value for me. Having shares in Rangers FC for my family, again, and for future family members was the priority for me.

As far as I know at the last AGM shareholders didn't give the board the ability to offer new shares to outside investors. So at the next AGM they would need to seek approval for that. Quite possibly very wrong but that's my view of it right now.

He could however use a proxy to purchase shares...anyone got his number?

The existing shares have been freely available on the AIM for a year. Any shares King had chosen to buy before the new announcement would have qualified him under this offer. But none after the announcement. So if he wanted in on this, he should've been quietly buying them up until now.

plus your first view is right. (tu)

The existing shares have been freely available on the AIM for a year. Any shares King had chosen to buy before the new announcement would have qualified him under this offer. But none after the announcement. So if he wanted in on this, he should've been quietly buying them up until now.

plus your first view is right. (tu)

As far as I know he hasn't bought any shares though. Get on the phone GB. You got some cajoling to do. :D