Alistair, celik miss us !

bawsburst

Rangers boss Ally McCoist claims Celtic miss his club

ALLY McCOIST reckons Celtic are suffering from not having Rangers in the top flight.

By: Michael Baillie Published: Sun, August 31, 2014

Ally-McCoist-505257.jpg Ally McCoist says he misses Old Firm games.

And the Rangers boss believes the whole of Scottish football is feeling the financial fallout due to the Ibrox outfit’s demise.

Celtic missed out on a £20million windfall as they failed to qualify for the Champions League after being knocked out in the play-off round by Maribor.

Hoops chief executive Peter Lawwell has been accused by the fans of not investing enough in the squad.

Asked if he believed Celtic’s downsizing in terms of transfer outlay is because they no longer face the challenge of the Ibrox side, McCoist was in no doubt their Old Firm rivals are suffering.

“Celtic are missing the competition of Rangers, though I don’t take any satisfaction in that,” said McCoist.

“Throughout Scottish football we’re seeing a bit of reaction to the demise of our football club.

“I miss the Old Firm games. I’d give my eye teeth for one. I’d play one tomorrow if we had a strong enough team and were back up in the top tier.

“And plenty of Celtic fans have said the exact same thing to me.

“I meet Celtic supporters in the street who say, ‘I don’t care what anybody says, we’ve got to get you back up and get the competition back’.”

Despite their Champions League disappointment, Celtic are still heavy favourites to run away with the Premiership title and clinch four in the row.

McCoist – whose own side walked League Two and League One – insists it’s not healthy for the game to have one dominant force in the top flight.

He said: “We’d all surmise Celtic will win the league.

“So we’re already talking about one of the positions in the top flight that is an automatic. That can’t be good for the game.

“That’s not a criticism of any of the teams, that’s just the way it is.”

to be fair to young Alistair, the way he sets out a team would guarantee a league victory to the tims. There would be absolutely no competition.

I wonder what the fuck he actually watches on a sat afternoon

Did you actually read the article or just the headline as you just make shite up in the spot to have a dig!

Did you actually read the article or just the headline as you just make shite up in the spot to have a dig!

yes, I read that he thinks that he will bring competition to the tims

im pointing out he is deluded and obviously doesn't understand what he watches n a sat afternoon

do keep up

yes, I read that he thinks that he will bring competition to the tims

im pointing out he is deluded and obviously doesn't understand what he watches n a sat afternoon

do keep up

Ah so you missed the bit where he says 'if we have a team capable of competing ...' Then - do keep up

Ah so you missed the bit where he says 'if we have a team capable of competing ...' Then - do keep up

If Ally dosent know, who the feck should.....................................AND

If he's in charge, we wont. End of.

That's the thing. We 'should' have a team capable of competing, given that we are spunking top dollar on it. Instead we are paying through the nose for complete fucking dross...

16546974.JPG

This guy misses us? He wasn't here long, but I suppose even in that short and troubled period he developed an attachment.

Seriously, though, Lawwell puts it at £10m a year.

PETER LAWWELL last night laid bare the true cost to Celtic of Rangers’ demise as an eye-watering £10million a season.

The chief executive spoke out in the wake of criticism following the Champions League exit at the hands of Slovenians Maribor.

And as he outlined the economic reality of their current plight, he insisted the Ibrox side’s share issue struggles should be ringing alarm bells for everyone over the lack of investment in the Scottish game.

Lawwell launched a stout defence of his club’s strategy in yesterday’s papers. But today in MailSport, he goes into further detail about the damage the absence of the Old Firm has done.

He said: “In terms of Scotland, we have done better than everybody in keeping our standards and keeping our level.

“That is hugely difficult in the present environment.

“The lost money which Rangers, and now Hearts and Hibs, have taken out of the game, has been made up from profit from selling players. Our revenues have stayed the same from selling players to make up for those lost millions.

"But when Rangers went down we took £100 off season tickets. So that is £4m for two years. The Rangers games, at least another £3m.

“Then there’s a perception among our supporters that there is no competition, you are going to win anyway and you don’t go to the game. So it could be £10m.

“We could have lost £10m a year, quite easily, on the back of Rangers going down. How we have coped with that is seeing that ahead and keeping that strategy of being successful on the park, stable off it.

“Hearts and Rangers have gone bust and yet we are still getting it.”

Rangers’ statement to the stock exchange on Friday outlined the depth of their former rivals’ difficulties.

And Lawwell confessed: “It does concern me and shows the challenges we face. They couldn’t raise £10m, they are going out for £4m, therefore there is a chronic lack of investment in the Scottish game.

“If Rangers can’t do it, who CAN do it? I’m wary of being pessimistic and talking the game down but these are facts that are not good signs.

“It’s difficult. With the uncertainties, the risk. We don’t think we are God’s gift, we don’t think the strategy is flawless.

“Of course it is flawed because it is football and it is chance. Karagandy last year, they hit the bar. Maribor this year, Callum McGregor’s shot might not have hit the bar.

“In football you have to prepare for being fallible. Which we have done.”

Lawwell also revealed the reason behind his club’s inaction when it came to signing Scottish talent.

Fans have expressed frustration at the likes of Stevie May, Ryan Gauld, Andy Robertson and Johnny Russell all Moving away at good prices while Celtic have been spending on the likes of Teemu Pukki and Amido Balde.

However, the chief exec said: “We’d love to have Scottish players. It’s better having Scottish players. But our guys don’t think they are good enough.

“A Scottish player would be a priority if it’s right. It’s not like we are fascinated with going foreign all the time.”

Lawwell revealed Celtic currently have 38,000 season tickets and 2000 corporate seats sold.

Their biggest problem now, in the absence of Europe’s elite coming to town, is keeping them.

He said: “Going back over the last two years, what invigorated our fans was the Champions League. That got them going to the games.”

I see Liewell is claiming that they are the club that has suffered the most since we have been out of the top division. Not one journalist has the balls to correct him and actually tell him that we are the club that has suffered the most.

The headline figure is £10m a year. Just think it could have been worse without state aid and cheap loans.

For us to ever recover the support must unite and the club must go after every one of the cabal for reparation for the unfair and unjust punishments that have cost us millions in lost revenue and damage to our reputation.

That's the thing. We 'should' have a team capable of competing, given that we are spunking top dollar on it. Instead we are paying through the nose for complete fucking dross...

Our ' top dollar ' us about a fifth if what it was and about a fifth of what the Celtic team cost to run - we may have 2nd highest wage bill but that's nowhere near what we will need to spend to win

Scottish football in general does not function without a strong Rangers team.

The authorities and top league teams knew this but in trying to cut our throats, only brought financial damage to themselves as well.Stupid stupid, narrow minded people. Scottish football is run by Rangers hating self satisfying idiots and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

No surprise the most hypocritical idiot at cellic park is now spouting the obvious to his fans. After all, when you look at root cause, the name Liewell almost always makes an appearance.

“Celtic are missing the competition of Rangers, though I don’t take any satisfaction in that,” said McCoist.

Well, you fukkin should.

And if you really were a Rangers supporter, you would.

But McCoist is only a Rangers supporter when it suits him to be.

A pretty pointless thing to come out with in all honesty. If we had a decent enough team AND were in the top tier I'd fancy challenging Celtic. No shit. If we had a £500 million budget with superstars Id fancy the champions league. I'm more worried at the fact administration is round the corner and he's day-dreaming about spending money to mount a hypothetical challenge against Celtic.