The players that left

I'm amazed at the abuse the 'traitors' and 'deserters' are getting on here. Does everyone think that they all just thought, 'fuck division 1, I'm off!'

There maybe one or two who just wanted out, but not them all.

The high earners and Rangers men - McGregor, Lafferty, Davis, Naismith, does everyone really think that they just refused to have their contracts transferred to the newco?

IMO it's blatantly obvious that Green has told the high earners (£20k - £25k per week) that they will be going down to ridiculously low wages, say £5k per week at a guess, or they can fuck off.

Shoot me down if you want, but think about it - something isn't right, those players wouldn't just fuck off for nothing!

When the first two left, Naismith and Whittaker, I was giving them the traitor abuse aswell, but now to see the list of who has left, which includes every single high earner, something's not fucking right!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed at the abuse the 'traitors' and 'deserters' are getting on here. Does everyone think that they all just thought, 'fuck division 1, I'm off!'

The high earners and Rangers men - McGregor, Lafferty, Davis, Naismith, does everyone really think that they just refused to have their contracts transferred to the newco?

IMO it's blatantly obvious that Green has told the high earners (£20k - £25k per week) that they will be going down to ridiculously low wages, say £5k per week at a guess, or they can fuck off.

Shoot me down if you want, but think about it - something isn't right, those players wouldn't just fuck off for nothing!

When the first two left, Naismith and Whittaker, I was giving them the traitor abuse aswell, but now to see the list of who has left, which includes every single high earner, something's not fucking right!

Spot on. Time for realism not Alice In Wonderland fairy stories.

We are where we are. And we move on.

Transfer over contract, get us a transfer fee, move on.

Then go with everyone's best wishes.

It ain't really that hard to grasp.

Although apparently it must be...

No its easy to grasp. The players want the transfer fee as a signing on fee.

And it is unrealistic to expect anything else.

I think if that happened, we would have heard something by now. If Naismith and Whittaker had said that was the reasons at that press conference, I'd have said fair enough. They already took a 75% wage cut when the club was in trouble. But the fact they gave the excuses that they did tells another strory. Also, I doubt Ness and McCabe were high earners, coincidentally, all of the players who left could be deemed to be the clubs most attractive players in a football context. Would be easy to find clubs for big wages and sign-on fees, no?

The sad truth is the players via their agents saw poundsigns for signing on fees as a free agent and jumped at the chance to move. Look at where some of them are being linked with, certainly not a massive opportunity or even European football for many of them.

On the not of players leaving are we entitled to compensation for Mccabe, Fleck and Ness? Normally if a player under 23 leaves a club out of contract they get a development fee for their training etc. Do we miss out on that because of the situation we are in? Know its not going to be much but figure moving forward any money we can get for these players is a bonus.

You are completely wrong.

Under TUPE these guys would have to move on their existing contract terms Di there would be no option for green reducing wages. Additionally, there buy out clauses would have remained fully effective which would allow them to be sold on cut price deals but still allow the club to make something form the sale of the players.

Make no mistake, these guys are NOT real rangers men. Their personal greed is number 1 for them and they have deserted the club in its hour of greatest need

No its easy to grasp. The players want the transfer fee as a signing on fee.

And it is unrealistic to expect anything else.

When they claim to be big Rangers men I don't think it was too much to ask for them to let Rangers get a fee instead of lining their pockets.

I have no problem with them not being keen on dropping down divisions however we stood by a lot of these guys and the way they left has pissed me off a bit.

When they claim to be big Rangers men I don't think it was too much to ask for them to let Rangers get a fee instead of lining their pockets.

I have no problem with them not being keen on dropping down divisions however we stood by a lot of these guys and the way they left has pissed me off a bit.

I understand completely.

I think all I'm saying is that it is inevitable.

Clubs and players shaft each other as often as they can. It is the way the industry works.

It is a fucking awful industry if you ask me but it is what it is and to expect different is unrealistic.

I understand completely.

I think all I'm saying is that it is inevitable.

Clubs and players shaft each other as often as thye can. it is the way the industry works.

It is a fucking awful industry if you ask me but it is what it is and to expect different is unrealistic.

Yea it's shit when you've looked after them and as said above they still had the sell on clause in their new contracts but hey ho you live and learn.

Transfer over contract, get us a transfer fee, move on.

Then go with everyone's best wishes.

It ain't really that hard to grasp.

Although apparently it must be...

And Green told them that when they transfer over that he will definitely sell them?

Green doesn't want them on the high wages, so he can't just transfer the contract over. Then McGregor has a contract with the newco earning £25k per week for the 4 years that's left on his contract, he could then say that he is going nowhere and he will get his £25k for 4 years which Green did not want to happen.

so

He might have said to McGregor to sign over to the newco, and he would sell him straight away, but put his wages down to £5k per week so that couldn't happen, but McGregor isn't going to accept a 4 year contract earning £5k per week because if he did, Green could just refuse to sell him and he's stuck there for 4 years on those wages.

People need to open their eyes, people just believing the simple explanation (the players fucked us). There's more to this and the sooner people start realising, the better.

TUPE is just a transfer over on existing terms.

They would have kept the cut-price transfer fee's they agreed too.

Its not hard to grasp, transfer over and leave for a cut price fee and get us some cash or challenge the transfer and leave for nothing and get themself some cash. It was done for personal greed. It doesn't help when you have Naismith and Whittaker coming out with them owing no loyalty because its a new club or whatever the pishy statement was.

I don't have a beef with them in all honesty.

They are professional footballers at the strongest part of their career and we are expecting them to either go to Division One with no European football for three years or go to Division Three. Of course it's not going to happen, Rangers fan or not.

And you can say 'oh, but they should have moved to the NewCo for a transfer fee' but why would they jeopardise the chance of a better move by doing that?

I'm a realist. I understand that in this situation, it doesn't matter a jot who you grew up supporting. I'm forever in debt to the lads that have stayed though. You can understand Big Lee, the guy bleeds blue and he's coming to the end of his career. Wallace's decision to stay is even more exceptional given that he could easily go to the Premiership and get a new club, and I expected the majority of the young lads to hang around.

And Green told them that when they transfer over that he will definitely sell them?

Green doesn't want them on the high wages, so he can't just transfer the contract over. Then McGregor has a contract with the newco earning £25k per week for the 4 years that's left on his contract, he could then say that he is going nowhere and he will get his £25k for 4 years which Green did not want to happen.

so

He might have said to McGregor to sign over to the newco, and he would sell him straight away, but put his wages down to £5k per week so that couldn't happen, but McGregor isn't going to accept a 4 year contract earning £5k per week because if he did, Green could just refuse to sell him and he's stuck there for 4 years on those wages.

People need to open their eyes, people just believing the simple explanation (the players fucked us). There's more to this and the sooner people start realising, the better.

For TUPE then existing t&c's must be met. So argument is flawed from the outset.

Agreed we would have had to sell, and more than likely at the reduced get out clause that Naismith championed for everyone- yes, he instigated that one- so the club gets some money, we are happy and wish them the best and these "Rangers men" help the club out one last time.

Peter Grant is more of a Rangers man than these players.

What their motivation is for leaving is there business.

They gave us 3/4 years of total domination of scottish football with too many amazing highlights to list here...but i will mention a european cup fina;. We are now supposed to hate these guys because our club was so mismanged that they had to take a pay cut of 75% of their wages and the company they worked for was liquidated.

Ignore the bluster from green about legal challenges etc, it's just that. 4 months of reduced wages and some of the zoomers on here expect them to sign reduced contracts at their new clubs to give more money to Rangers.

They did there bit they produced on the park time and time and time again...it was our club that let down them , not the other way round

What their motivation is for leaving is there business.

They gave us 3/4 years of total domination of scottish football with too many amazing highlights to list here...but i will mention a european cup fina;. We are now supposed to hate these guys because our club was so mismanged that they had to take a pay cut of 75% of their wages and the company they worked for was liquidated.

Ignore the bluster from green about legal challenges etc, it's just that. 4 months of reduced wages and some of the zoomers on here expect them to sign reduced contracts at their new clubs to give more money to Rangers.

They did there bit they produced on the park time and time and time again...it was our club that let down them , not the other way round

You are frightening the shit out of me.

I keep having to agree with you.

Yes. If you were contracted to earn £20 grand a week it is.

Still not happy at how some left. Obviously a don't make that sort a money but ad happily pull on our famous blue jersey and play for 5 grand a week. A understand they were contracted to 20 but why not just come out and say my move is about money instead of giving the sad excuses they did? They could have stayed and struggled by on 5 grand a week and went down in history as bein a player that stuck by and got us back to the top. Just my opinion right enough.

I think you can safely say that there appears to be different levels of what constitues a "Rangers man" bbb :blush: As far as I'm concerned, if these guys were indeed true "Rangers men" and hadn't listened to their fucking agents, then they would have had a meeting with Green/Murray/Jardine and stated their case that they were only wanting to leave because of footballing reasons and not for any other motive, so they would sign over then trigger the transfer clause which would allow our club to at least get a bit of a transfer fee.

Just my opinion,because I personally couldn't show my face in front of a Rangers supporter if I walked out on them without the club getting a fee for me.....And to me, the supporters ARE THE CLUB. :pipe:

so

Your argument is totally flawed under TUPE contracts must be hounerd so WHERE are you getting the idea Green would make McGregor take only £5k a week?

The players who have left have shafted us out of a small transfer fee that would really help the club at present just so the players can become even richer elsewhere!

Its the fans Mr Naismith, Whittaker, Davis, Lafferty, McGregor etc that you have wronged. I would not welcome any of you back at Ibrox again.