Officially Through 30,000 Season Tickets

Shuggy

RANGERS season-ticket sales have now broken through the 30,000 barrier highlighting again the strength of the special bond between the Club and its fans.

Tickets went on public sale only 20 days ago but supporters have been quick to show their backing for the new board and the management team of Mark Warburton and Davie Weir by snapping up almost 30,500 tickets.

Sights are now set on passing the 35,000 mark as Rangers strengthens for a promotion push and the early signs are encouraging.

Seven new players have been signed so far and it is hoped more will be brought in before the Championship season gets underway at the end of next week. Rangers beat Hibernian 6-2 in the Petrofac Training Cup last Saturday but the opening home match – a League Cup first-round tie against Peterhead on Sunday, August 2 - will give Mark his first real taste of the atmosphere Rangers fans can generate at Ibrox.

Mark said: "This is the first of the home competitive matches and our aim as a football department must be to provide the type of football that brings both results and a style of play that our fans, who are at the heart of it all, enjoy and deserve.

"I’ve been told so many times about a full Ibrox and it would be an honour to experience that as a Rangers manager."

Rangers chairman Dave King was also full of praise for the fans who have bought tickets and said that Rangers are quickly getting back to normal after the wilderness years. "As a Rangers fan it is great and comforting that we are now mostly talking about football matters,’ he said.

"This is what the Board is aiming to achieve. The fans are starting to focus again on what is happening on the pitch and this is a sure sign that behind the scenes everything is falling into place and running more smoothly.

"I am aware some fans have been concerned about the amount of investment in the club and hopefully they will now appreciate that not only are we spending millions on player costs but we have also invested the funds required to meet the club's costs on a monthly basis during the recent months when there has been no income. We have been doing this since we were successful at the general meeting on March 6.

"The manager has also been signing players because we are trying to build a new team capable of winning the Championship and progressing from there. Players will continue to be added but I want to thank those fans who have bought tickets and urge others to do the same.

"I want this to be a special season for Rangers and one that lays the foundations for our return to the top flight and, as I have said before, we can’t do it alone. We need the support to be with us all the way."

As a 2015/16 season ticket holder, all at the Club thank you for your support.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly thought the interest would be far greater. Still a decent number but was hoping for more.

Even in our final seasons in the SPL, we were often only hitting around 35,000 (proper attendance) for many home games

30,000 season tickets on the back of last year is a fantastic achievement

just as a comparison and for my curiosity any idea how many the beasts have sold? (not using the Seville calculator)

I was wondering this also, my guess would be close to the 75,000 mark.

Don't want to piss on the parade here but given the signings we've made and the wages we have saved from the clear out of players in the summer, we are probably spending far less than we did previously. Add to that the ST money and we must be a good few million up on the books.

So with this money plus the investment King was promising, should we not now be paying off the loans and/or bringing in some more players and refurbishing the stadium?

Don't want to piss on the parade here but given the signings we've made and the wages we have saved from the clear out of players in the summer, we are probably spending far less than we did previously. Add to that the ST money and we must be a good few million up on the books.

So with this money plus the investment King was promising, should we not now be paying off the loans and/or bringing in some more players and refurbishing the stadium?

How do you know these things aren't going to happen? Also we don't just get a lump sum of cash re the season tickets as most of the fans will be paying over the 4 months. Don't want this to turn into the boardroom section but personally I don't want the club to pay Mike Ashley the £5 million back. It's the only bargaining chip we have with regards to trying to sort out this retail deal. Also there wasn't a deadline on the loan.

Surprised it's not more, even if you don't believe the king/mini hype come and watch the football.

Most of the people I know are just going to go on a game by game basis. They are also waiting to see if King puts his hand in his pocket.

Most of the people I know are just going to go on a game by game basis. They are also waiting to see if King puts his hand in his pocket.

Was going to do the same mate, but when it came to the crunch I had to renew the families ST's just couldn't bring myself not to. Also a bit hypocritical of me moaning at the folk on the bus to get ST's this year then the guy running the bus doesn't bother his arse.