Are The Police Now "targetting" Rangers Fans

Gideon.

In the past few days I've saw comments made on twitter that Scott Allan should have a bullet put in his head and this arsehole saying he is promising shooting Protestants and Rangers fans.

Reverse this and we know the outcome, duck people wanted a man jailed for holding a knife to the telly the TLB was on.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it a bit of a leap to believe this guy was referring to Rangers' fans. We see it used by various football fan forums and they leave you in no doubt that they are speaking about Rangers' fans.

This guy does not necessarily represent the police, but it shows you that there may be members of the police force who think along these lines - i.e. thinking of Rangers' fans as H***.

If as a matter of comparable justice, do you not think that a police force who have arrested and charged a Rangers' fan for using a sectarian reference in the form of F***** , should maintain their own standard and arrest and charge a member of their own force for using the comparable sectarian reference of H*** on social media, since by doing so the remark can not be considered as a casual, throwaway line?

At the very least this guy has to be seen to be dealt with by the hierarchy of Police Scotland - swiftly, unmercifully and to the full extent of the law in public.

After they do that and have set a standard then they should go after clubs who allow their fans to chant references to the term H***.

p.s. As a private citizen this man has every right to post a picture of himself using a hunting rifle, when he implies he is hunting game. However, when he says he is hunting H***, he has overstepped any reasonable line acceptable to the P.C. society that exists today.

You have made an arse of that by saying he was referring to Rangers fans. What would make it illegal is him referring to Protestants.

It was the mhanks getting the law to believe that when we called them fenians, that we meant catholics (which we all know is bullshit) that got the word Fenian sectarianized (there's a new word, you heard it here first)

Why is it a bit of a leap to believe this guy was referring to Rangers' fans. We see it used by various football fan forums and they leave you in no doubt that they are speaking about Rangers' fans.

This guy does not necessarily represent the police, but it shows you that there may be members of the police force who think along these lines - i.e. thinking of Rangers' fans as H***.

If as a matter of comparable justice, do you not think that a police force who have arrested and charged a Rangers' fan for using a sectarian reference in the form of F***** , should maintain their own standard and arrest and charge a member of their own force for using the comparable sectarian reference of H*** on social media, since by doing so the remark can not be considered as a casual, throwaway line?

At the very least this guy has to be seen to be dealt with by the hierarchy of Police Scotland - swiftly, unmercifully and to the full extent of the law in public.

After they do that and have set a standard then they should go after clubs who allow their fans to chant references to the term H***.

p.s. As a private citizen this man has every right to post a picture of himself using a hunting rifle, when he implies he is hunting game. However, when he says he is hunting H***, he has overstepped any reasonable line acceptable to the P.C. society that exists today.

Sorry? I didn't say that. I'm baffled by what you've taken from my post.

There will be members of the police that think along both lines and neither. But the police need to be seen as non-partisan in action and in expression, hence my thinking that the response by the police hierarchy seems strange.

I do not, however, believe it would be right for any legal action. Nor would I if he had said fenian instead of h**.

Bit of a leap to say the police are targeting Rangers fans based on that.

The police do need to be seen to be non-partisan, though, so it's a strange response to a foolish comment.

Sorry? I didn't say that. I'm baffled by what you've taken from my post.

There will be members of the police that think along both lines and neither. But the police need to be seen as non-partisan in action and in expression, hence my thinking that the response by the police hierarchy seems strange.

I do not, however, believe it would be right for any legal action. Nor would I if he had said fenian instead of h**.

In your first post you said that ... " the police are targeting Rangers' fans' based on the fact the guy had said he was hunting ' H*** heads'

That's why I took that from your post.

In your first post you said that ... " the police are targeting Rangers' fans' based on the fact the guy had said he was hunting ' H*** heads'

That's why I took that from your post.

Whit? That's exactly NOT what I said in my first post that you've quoted.

I said it's a bit of a leap to think that they are targeting Rangers fans based on what the OP posted.

Can anyone confirm that h** is sectarian?

Is it mentioned in the offensive behavior at football act?

If it is, then he should be sacked. If it isn't, then we're on to plums with this one.

The ridiculous thing about that act is it was the taigs that kicked up all the fuck that got the offensive behavior at football act put into place just because of how intimidating the billy boys was when sung by a full Ibrox, but they are the ones who try the hardest to get the act overturned.

We are way behind them in the way they coordinate themselves in getting the law on their side.

We only have the Vanguard Bears fighting our corner, and even some of our own fans, even some on this very site oppose what the VB's try to do.

Some of our own even accuse us of paranoia when things like this are flagged up.

If it is, then he should be sacked. If it isn't, then we're on to plums with this one.

The ridiculous thing about that act is it was the taigs that kicked up all the fuck that got the offensive behavior at football act put into place just because of how intimidating the billy boys was when sung by a full Ibrox, but they are the ones who try the hardest to get the act overturned.

We are way behind them in the way they coordinate themselves in getting the law on their side.

We only have the Vanguard Bears fighting our corner, and even some of our own fans, even some on this very site oppose what the VB's try to do.

Some of our own even accuse us of paranoia when things like this are flagged up.

Nil By Mouth: "Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as "h**" and "Orange bastard" being used negatively against Protestants."

Celtic F.C.: 'Sectarian 'h**' banned by Celtic - Celtic have banned a popular term for their Ibrox rivals Rangers, warning fans they can no longer call them 'h***'. The club has revealed that any member of staff saying 'h**' can face disciplinary action or sacked and fans may be asked to leave the ground if they use the word.'

Nil By Mouth: "Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as "h**" and "Orange bastard" being used negatively against Protestants."

Celtic F.C.: 'Sectarian 'h**' banned by Celtic - Celtic have banned a popular term for their Ibrox rivals Rangers, warning fans they can no longer call them 'H***'. The club has revealed that any member of staff saying 'h**' can face disciplinary action or sacked and fans may be asked to leave the ground if they use the word.'

Is it written in law though?

I said it's a bit of a leap to think that they are targeting Rangers fans based on what the OP posted.

The OP highlighted, bolded and in enlarged text informed us that the officer had commented - “We were hunting ‘H*** heads’!”

Now you said that in was a bit of a leap to infer that he meant Rangers' fans. If that was not your intent then state which part of the OP you are referring to.

For my own part, and as I said I don't find it a great leap to connect H*** with Rangers' fans when fans of clubs like Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dun Utd. etc sing these chants at Rangers' fans on a regular basis.

My main point was that this guy should be arrested and charged in the spirit of the police force being perceived as entirely fair and unbiased.

Sorry if YOU read it wrong Brother.

My post is clear

NOT

The Police Are Now "targetting" Rangers Fans

Do you see the difference?

Is it written in law though?

http://www.celtic-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/scottish_football_fans_must_beware_of_the_hword_police_413448/index.shtml

Scottish football fans must beware of the 'H-word Police'

By Barrioh

Updated Friday, 24th October 2008

Views: 5698

• Following a case at Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday it seems that under Scottish law the word 'h**' is now officially a term of religious hatred.
Football fans throughout Scotland have used the word h** in reference to fans of Rangers football club for decades but it seems, following a judgement in the Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday, that fans of Celtic, Aberdeen, St Mirren and many more clubs will have to find a brand new generic term for those fans recently branded racist by Celtic chairman John Reid.

On the evening of this years UEFA Cup Final, on the 14th of May, and just minutes after the match ended in Manchester, twenty year old Michael Devlin was walking along Hillington Road South, on the south-side of Glasgow, wearing a t-shirt that said "dirty horrible H***" on the back and "Zenit St Petersburg, Champions Uefa Cup Final 2008" on the front.

Devlin's lawyer told the court that the young man had been watching the game in a house with his friends. When the match finished they decided to go out and get a takeaway from a local shop.

On the way to the takeaway they were spotted by Constable Andrew Gunn who was out on another call. Constable Gunn found the article of clothing offensive and stopped the youth.

Gunn said: "I informed him that the T-shirt was offensive and told him to take it off. He had a Celtic top on underneath." Constable Gunn did not say whether he also found the Celtic shirt offensive but he did say "There were members of the public there and Rangers fans were walking along Paisley Road West nearby. There were no other difficulties, just that he was wearing that T-shirt."

Devlin was convicted of "religiously aggravated breach of the peace" by Sheriff Iain Peebles, who said "This was an act of gross crassness and stupidity taking into account the timing and the place you were when wearing the T-shirt."

Devlin's lawyer Bob MacKinnon had earlier told the court that the top was just a bit of "Glasgow banter" as he pleaded with the judge for common sense, he said "From school to university to working life, almost everyone in Glasgow is affected by this divide and will get on the case of their friends and colleagues." But the judge replied that his decision was based purely on law and he deferred sentencing on Devlin until October next year for him to be of good behaviour.

Maybe Mr Devlin's lawyer could have argued the case a wee bit better than he did especially with the connotations that this conviction implies. But it seems Mr MacKinnon just wasn't up to the task of pointing out that there was no religious element to this case at all. I'm no expert on the law but from what I gather there is very little chance of this decision being appealed because the sentence is of the deferred type.

That being the case it would seem to the layman that the h** hordes have succesfully won their fight to have the term 'h**' deemed sectarian by the law of the land despite it being used by football fans the length and breadth of the country to describe Rangers fans.

I hope the next Celtic fan charged with "religiously aggravated breach of the peace" for using the word 'h**' is a church-going protestant fan, or a protestant Aberdeen fan or a protestant St Mirren fan. Then we'll open a whole new can of worms...........

http://www.celtic-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/scottish_football_fans_must_beware_of_the_hword_police_413448/index.shtml

Scottish football fans must beware of the 'H-word Police'

By Barrioh

Updated Friday, 24th October 2008

Views: 5698

• Following a case at Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday it seems that under Scottish law the word 'h**' is now officially a term of religious hatred.
Football fans throughout Scotland have used the word h** in reference to fans of Rangers football club for decades but it seems, following a judgement in the Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday, that fans of Celtic, Aberdeen, St Mirren and many more clubs will have to find a brand new generic term for those fans recently branded racist by Celtic chairman John Reid.

On the evening of this years UEFA Cup Final, on the 14th of May, and just minutes after the match ended in Manchester, twenty year old Michael Devlin was walking along Hillington Road South, on the south-side of Glasgow, wearing a t-shirt that said "dirty horrible H***" on the back and "Zenit St Petersburg, Champions Uefa Cup Final 2008" on the front.

Devlin's lawyer told the court that the young man had been watching the game in a house with his friends. When the match finished they decided to go out and get a takeaway from a local shop.

On the way to the takeaway they were spotted by Constable Andrew Gunn who was out on another call. Constable Gunn found the article of clothing offensive and stopped the youth.

Gunn said: "I informed him that the T-shirt was offensive and told him to take it off. He had a Celtic top on underneath." Constable Gunn did not say whether he also found the Celtic shirt offensive but he did say "There were members of the public there and Rangers fans were walking along Paisley Road West nearby. There were no other difficulties, just that he was wearing that T-shirt."

Devlin was convicted of "religiously aggravated breach of the peace" by Sheriff Iain Peebles, who said "This was an act of gross crassness and stupidity taking into account the timing and the place you were when wearing the T-shirt."

Devlin's lawyer Bob MacKinnon had earlier told the court that the top was just a bit of "Glasgow banter" as he pleaded with the judge for common sense, he said "From school to university to working life, almost everyone in Glasgow is affected by this divide and will get on the case of their friends and colleagues." But the judge replied that his decision was based purely on law and he deferred sentencing on Devlin until October next year for him to be of good behaviour.

Maybe Mr Devlin's lawyer could have argued the case a wee bit better than he did especially with the connotations that this conviction implies. But it seems Mr MacKinnon just wasn't up to the task of pointing out that there was no religious element to this case at all. I'm no expert on the law but from what I gather there is very little chance of this decision being appealed because the sentence is of the deferred type.

That being the case it would seem to the layman that the h** hordes have succesfully won their fight to have the term 'h**' deemed sectarian by the law of the land despite it being used by football fans the length and breadth of the country to describe Rangers fans.

I hope the next Celtic fan charged with "religiously aggravated breach of the peace" for using the word 'h**' is a church-going protestant fan, or a protestant Aberdeen fan or a protestant St Mirren fan. Then we'll open a whole new can of worms...........

Good work sir.

If anyone does make an official complaint, then I suggest that you add the above case (not that article, but the actual court report) to your complaint.

If it is, then there is no way this copper can get away with it. He should receive a civilian charge.

He's made a cunt of himself, I don't see anything wrong with letting his kids having a shot of what I presume to be unloaded guns.

It has brought into the public domain his use of the word h** though, once all these complaints fly in he will prob lose his job or get his arse kicked big time.

Thick cunt would do well to lock his Facebook to the max.

The OP highlighted, bolded and in enlarged text informed us that the officer had commented - “We were hunting ‘H*** heads’!”

Now you said that in was a bit of a leap to infer that he meant Rangers' fans. If that was not your intent then state which part of the OP you are referring to.

For my own part, and as I said I don't find it a great leap to connect H*** with Rangers' fans when fans of clubs like Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dun Utd. etc sing these chants at Rangers' fans on a regular basis.

My main point was that this guy should be arrested and charged in the spirit of the police force being perceived as entirely fair and unbiased.

He said 'Are the Rangers fans being targeted?'

I replied 'It's a bit of a leap to suggest THE POLICE are targeting Rangers fans' i.e. as opposed to this INDIVIDUAL OFFICER is targeting Rangers fans.

Of course he's talking about Rangers fans ffs. What the hell else would I think he was talking about? A nomadic tribe??

Sorry if YOU read it wrong Brother.

My post is clear

NOT

The Police Are Now "targetting" Rangers Fans

Do you see the difference?

I know, and I was answering your question, smart arse. Based on what you posted. i.e. the article you quoted.

He's made a cunt of himself, I don't see anything wrong with letting his kids having a shot of what I presume to be unloaded guns.

It has brought into the public domain his use of the word h** though, once all these complaints fly in he will prob lose his job or get his arse kicked big time.

Thick cunt would do well to lock his Facebook to the max.

The article just skims over it's use and focuses on the children but yes the fucker shouId be disciplined due to his hate speach and the more who complain the better chance it will happen.

What people should remember is this vile piece of sectarian shite is not bragging about targetting Rangers fans, He is bragging about targeting people he perceives to be Protestant.

h** is not a word used by bigots to describe Rangers fans, It is used by hate filled sectarian bigots to describe people that they perceive to be followers of the reformed faith.

Celtic fans tell fans of Hearts, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Dundee and Motherwell to "Go home ya h***" They do this because they have a deep rooted hatred of the Protestant faith.

Its called religious intolerance and it should be something that a group like NBM target and really go after, but we all know NBM is a sham organisation set up by Roman Catholics to tackle what they perceive as a one way problem in Scottish society.

If this Police officer had mentioned hunting taigs or fenians, David Scott of NBM would be on your TV screens right now preaching about education and the problem that disgraces Scottish Society. Ask him about tackling sectarianism in Scotland and ending the apartheid schooling system and he will block you.

h** is not a sectarian term and neither is fenian.

It is all about context.

If I call someone a Fenian Bastard I am likely to be arrested, Calling someone a h** bastard or an orange bastard should be the same,

but not in the Republic of Scotland, where people like Frank Mullholland and Roseanna Cunningham make the Laws and use their power to ensure that anti sectarian laws are one sided.

I have been in contact with Frank Mullholland's and the Crown Prosecution Service office for over a year, Frank Mullholland is the Lord Advocate in Scotland, He was educated in an apartheid school in Coatbridge, He is a Celtic supporter and he thinks ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ are fantastic.

They don't even try to hide it now, they don't need to.

MSPs turn up at Hollyrood wearing Celtic tops

Glasgow Councillors have meetings at Celtic Park and deals are struck over a bottle of wine or two.

Rangers fans are sentenced to prison terms for singing songs, Celtic fans are sentenced to be "educated"

At the end of the day Police Scotland are public servants payed for by us the tax payers,they are accountable for the way they behave on and off duty and as liable to the law as you and I.

A few emails of complaint demanding that the be charged with religious hatred and his immediate dismissal should be sent rather than being morally outraged on a forum.

Play them at their own game and wake up ffs

He said 'Are the Rangers fans being targeted?'

I replied 'It's a bit of a leap to suggest THE POLICE are targeting Rangers fans' i.e. as opposed to this INDIVIDUAL OFFICER is targeting Rangers fans.

Of course he's talking about Rangers fans ffs. What the hell else would I think he was talking about? A nomadic tribe??

I know, and I was answering your question, smart arse. Based on what you posted. i.e. the article you quoted.

I think you are trying to argue semantics.

For instance, it takes one police officer to arrest you for something. Are you going to refuse to be arrested until you have interrogated the police officer and found out if he is arresting you because the alleged offence is illegal in his opinion or if it is illegal in the opinion of official police policy?

Get's a bit ridiculous, no?

The guy in the article is a policeman and as such I think it is reasonable that he would mostly quote police policy. I grant you that in this instance a person would be quite within their rights to think this guy is a nutball, and not at all representative of the official police policy. However, it does remain the case that this guy IS the police to those members of the public with whom he interacts.

What people should remember is this vile piece of sectarian shite is not bragging about targetting Rangers fans, He is bragging about targeting people he perceives to be Protestant.

h** is not a word used by bigots to describe Rangers fans, It is used by hate filled sectarian bigots to describe people that they perceive to be followers of the reformed faith.

Celtic fans tell fans of Hearts, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Dundee and Motherwell to "Go home ya H***" They do this because they have a deep rooted hatred of the Protestant faith.

Its called religious intolerance and it should be something that a group like NBM target and really go after, but we all know NBM is a sham organisation set up by Roman Catholics to tackle what they perceive as a one way problem in Scottish society.

If this Police officer had mentioned hunting taigs or fenians, David Scott of NBM would be on your TV screens right now preaching about education and the problem that disgraces Scottish Society. Ask him about tackling sectarianism in Scotland and ending the apartheid schooling system and he will block you.

h** is not a sectarian term and neither is fenian.

It is all about context.

If I call someone a Fenian Bastard I am likely to be arrested, Calling someone a h** bastard or an orange bastard should be the same,

but not in the Republic of Scotland, where people like Frank Mullholland and Roseanna Cunningham make the Laws and use their power to ensure that anti sectarian laws are one sided.

I have been in contact with Frank Mullholland's and the Crown Prosecution Service office for over a year, Frank Mullholland is the Lord Advocate in Scotland, He was educated in an apartheid school in Coatbridge, He is a Celtic supporter and he thinks ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ are fantastic.

They don't even try to hide it now, they don't need to.

MSPs turn up at Hollyrood wearing Celtic tops

Glasgow Councillors have meetings at Celtic Park and deals are struck over a bottle of wine or two.

Rangers fans are sentenced to prison terms for singing songs, Celtic fans are sentenced to be "educated"

I'm fully aware that it's the context it's used that matters, and in saying that he is targeting h*** heads, I would say the criteria has been met to make his use of h** offensive.

I still quite openly call them fenians, as I know I can. I will never call them Fenian bastards or dirty fenians, for the exact reasons you mention about context.

The article just skims over it's use and focuses on the children but yes the fucker shouId be disciplined due to his hate speach and the more who complain the better chance it will happen.

My mate is one and he is para as fuck about his Facebook, they are all drilled in it.

Amazed they have taken what looks like a softly, softly approach to it, that will change now though.

Your a cracker you!

Your trying to justify an armed police officer making remarks that he is "hunting h** heads"! In your wee world, you are justifying threats to Rangers fans and backing up his views towards followers of a football club.

It does not matter one iota if "h**" is sectarian or not. He has made comments on line which could be construed to be a threat. No wiggle room.

This from an armed police officer?

How would it be construed if someone on line posted a picture with a weapon, saying "I'm hunting coppers heads"? Quite rightly arrested and jailed.

This scum should be treated no differently, but hey, he's had a wee word in his ear and we're all okay with that?