Are The Police Now "targetting" Rangers Fans

Gideon.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are trying to argue semantics.
For instance, it takes one police officer to arrest you for something. Are you going to refuse to be arrested until you have interrogated the police officer and found out if he is arresting you because the alleged offence is illegal in his opinion or if it is illegal in the opinion of official police policy?
Get's a bit ridiculous, no?
The guy in the article is a policeman and as such I think it is reasonable that he would mostly quote police policy. I grant you that in this instance a person would be quite within their rights to think this guy is a nutball, and not at all representative of the official police policy. However, it does remain the case that this guy IS the police to those members of the public with whom he interacts.

Semantics!? I'm saying that this guy's made an arse of it but that that it's not possible to say that the police are targeting Rangers fans from the Facebook post of ONE idiot. There's absolutely nothing to do with semantics in that.

You virtually acknowledged the general logic yourself in a previous post...

'This guy does not necessarily represent the police, but it shows you that there may be members of the police force who think along these lines - i.e. thinking of Rangers' fans as H***.'

The logic is the same, but I'd argue all this shows conclusively is that there is A (singular rather than plural) member of the police force who thinks along these lines (although there certainly will be more). And anyway, are we seriously saying we don't think there are members of the police that think along the same lines about sellic fans and would say similar things in private? If the answer is 'of course there are', do we think it's semantics to suggest that's individuals rather than the police as an organisation too?

You SERIOUSLY think his 'h**' reference could reasonably inferred to be somehow quoting police policy? Hmm. Granted, it brings disrepute on the police for individuals within it to use that kind of language, because the police should always strive to have as balanced and fair individuals as they can working for them, for obvious reasons. But it's totally ridiculous to suggest that this one cop saying something like that on social media means it's somehow evidence that 'the police' are doing something. He clearly made a stupid comment that he thought was funny, but was completely inappropriate. It's as simple as that.

However the police spokesperson's response is very much inadequate, I would say. The police need to be, and be seen as, non-partisan and to that end individuals within the police should behave in a non-partisan manner, and this would cast doubt on his ability to do that, so some firmer action than has been suggested by the spokesperson would have been better IMO.

Okay, then. I hope when they root this guy out, that will be an end to this kind of mentality.
I would hate to think that when I come back to Scotland next year, and go for a wee drive up the Heilands that there would be some big hairy teuchter with a scope-sighted long-gun taking aim at me.
Can you see the headline - "Police 1, H** Tourist 0"?

Okay, then. I hope when they root this guy out, that will be an end to this kind of mentality.

I would hate to think that when I come back to Scotland next year, and go for a wee drive up the Heilands that there would be some big hairy teuchter with a scope-sighted long-gun taking aim at me.

Can you see the headline - "Police 1, H** Tourist 0"?

Well, hopefully. Bring a kevlar helmet just in case, squire. Wouldn't want North America to be a Bear down. :(

He said 'Are the Rangers fans being targeted?'

I replied 'It's a bit of a leap to suggest THE POLICE are targeting Rangers fans' i.e. as opposed to this INDIVIDUAL OFFICER is targeting Rangers fans.

Of course he's talking about Rangers fans ffs. What the hell else would I think he was talking about? A nomadic tribe??

I know, and I was answering your question, smart arse. Based on what you posted. i.e. the article you quoted.

You were not answering a question. You made a statement to the fact that the OP was suggesting "THE POLICE are targeting Rangers fans"

No I didn't.

I CLEARLY asked are the police targetting Rangers fans, and the sad reality is many people in here feel they are.

You seem hell bent on trying to deflect from a policeman wanting to blow the heads off of "H*nz.

Why would you try to do that?

Why would you resort to name calling?

Are you trying to stiffle genuine debate about what appears to be an unacceptable face of police, and get the thread locked?

There is no need to start name calling, so I will assume it was meant as tongue in cheek.

OK brother :541: ?

You were not answering a question. You made a statement to the fact that the OP was suggesting "THE POLICE are targeting Rangers fans"

No I didn't.

I CLEARLY asked are the police targetting Rangers fans, and the sad reality is many people in here feel they are.

You seem hell bent on trying to deflect from a policeman wanting to blow the heads off of "H*nz.

Why would you try to do that?

Why would you resort to name calling?

Are you trying to stiffle genuine debate about what appears to be an unacceptable face of police, and get the thread locked?

There is no need to start name calling, so I will assume it was meant as tongue in cheek.

OK brother :541: ?

Nah, my man. You're wrong. I posted.

'Bit of a leap to say the police are targeting Rangers fans based on that.

The police do need to be seen to be non-partisan, though, so it's a strange response to a foolish comment.'

I was answering your question. I didn't say you took that leap, I said it would be a bit of a leap to do so, based on the information you had posted.

How the hell is giving your opinion on something directly deflecting from it? :lol: And then discussing it after someone else took issue with what I had said.

I'm not stifling debate, I'm having one! :lol:

'Locked!' :lol: For what??

I see the same paper is quoting an unnamed individual who is basically saying the sash is sectarian after a guy was suspended from his golf club after singing it.

It's just constant propaganda.

I think people have just decided that anything associated with Rangers or unionist N Ireland = bad sectarian. I doubt the same would have happened if it was The Soldier's Song.

I think people have just decided that anything associated with Rangers or unionist N Ireland = bad sectarian. I doubt the same would have happened if it was The Soldier's Song.

It seems we're fair game and it's open season on us with this drip, drip, drip of negativity.

So it's OK for a copper to say he's trying to kill H***, but if we call them Fenians then we get the jail.

How many people off this site have had the polis at their door for posts on here?

I know of at least two, am sure the mods can tell us the exact figure.

Hope the cunt shoots himself.

As for the "now" targetting Rangers fans, my experience is that we have been targetted from the off, as this new legislation came into play.. Plod is now ridden with taigs, and that ones who were originally there prelegislation, now think they are timmy big baws, thinking they have a charter to jail every last one of us.

Everyone knows a h*** head is a target used on the ranges yeah/no??? So fuck if he said it was Rangers fan I used to shoot the priest in close quarter ranges when he popped up but was only a 2.2 so might not count.

Not sticking up for the cunt but ffs meltdown get a grip ya bunch a wet shites!

Folk should start offering mhanky fucks like this cunt free hair cuts, then "accidentally" shave RFC into the back of their heads, that way when they put their rifles in their gubs they have something to aim at.

Everyone knows a H*** head is a target used on the ranges yeah/no??? So fuck if he said it was Rangers fan I used to shoot the priest in close quarter ranges when he popped up but was only a 2.2 so might not count.

Not sticking up for the cunt but ffs meltdown get a grip ya bunch a wet shites!

(tu) I suspected a bit of 'Tango' from the OP in the way it was structured.

It doesn't change what I posted in the thread one iota.

The article wasn't about sectarian language - it was about him allowing his kids to play around with the guns.

Most posters on the thread should probably own up to being mini-Tangoed, right enough.

Here is the full passage that the OP creatively lifted from the article to imply that it was about 'shooting H***.'

'Labour MSP Graeme Pearson, a former senior police officer, told us: "If this officer has allowed children to handle firearms and then put pictures of that on the internet, he has acted in a thoroughly unprofessional manner.

"This is not the sort of behaviour people would expect from police officers at all."

Police chiefs last night said McMaster would be given "appropriate advice".

The image of the children was still publicly available on McMaster’s Facebook last night. He says on the page that he works for Police Scotland'

Well it does take 2 to tango, one group of celebrating loyalist football fans to come up with the plan, and another shower of child molesting, hopeless soapless stinky cunts to fall for it