St Mirren

Gaz52

I am more wary of falkirk and qots than I am of st mirren.

Think we will beat them next Friday by 3 or 4 and hopefully that taig Goodwin breaks his leg.

Im wary of no one - we will destroy this league. Teams are already shitting themselves from us.

Can see them struggling for a play-off place. Obviously with Murray as manager they should know what to expect from most teams but I don't know if they will have enough quality to challenge for 2nd. I don't think they will cause us any problems anyway. If QOTS and Falkirk have improved for this season they will be challenging Hibs for 2nd.

St mirren have just lost arguably their best player in John mcginn to Hivs. They are thread bare, only having around 16 players. Can't see them placing above Hivs, Falkirk or even QOS. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Any team not implementing the Hearts type model isn't going to be able to compete. Even then I think Hearts had a bit of a flukey season with the sheer amount of points they collected! St Mirren don't look to have made any changes and they are a smaller club. I can't see them doing that well. I think Falkirk are the best set-up to challenge us.

Aye at the end of last season I did wonder could it have been closer if we had beaten them at Tynecastle in November when Smith was sent off early on. Would Hearts have had a few bad results etc?

I'm not worried about them, I'm more concerned with Hibs. Falkirk and Queen of the South will make no impact on this division until they're joined by a Dundee, Hamilton or Partick.

While on the subject, St Mirren's old Love Street stadium was the grottiest, most horrible thing I've ever looked at. Their new stadium looks like something that would come flat-packed from IKEA.

I actually thought that they were called St Mirren Booooooooooooo FC. Any time you see them on the tellybox all you can hear is their fans going booooooo.

Hope we hammer them, although a win of any kind will do. Start the league on top of the table and stay there.