Mark Warburton Spoke To The Press Today

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because most of these Journos are thick, they just think they're clever.

Some of them can hardly get there words out.

Cannae believe the buzz about this place these days. Long may it continue! Beats me posting negative shite every day, every week! :D

I get that from all the players as well. They come across as genuinely loving time at the club.

I love the fact that MW says we think about Rangers, no one else.

That's a couple of times now he's mentioned adding to the staff. I wonder if a new coach is imminent.

It would not surprise me at all if sometime around the middle of the season we see Player/Coach Kenny Miller appear on the bench. :pipe:

How many times do journalists have to be told Mark will not talk about Scott Allan as he is a Hibs player?

Spoils interviews when Mark has to tell them it isn't up for discussion, then moments later they rephrase the question and enquire again. There is a huge difference between being persistent and being downright rude and annoying.

Warburton handled it well, can you imagine the likes of Stubbs if the tables were reversed? Spoke well again, it seems every time he speaks he impresses me even more.

Warburton handled it well, can you imagine the likes of Stubbs if the tables were reversed? Spoke well again, it seems every time he speaks he impresses me even more.

Warburton has learnt his management skills outside football and it shows. No clichés, just the truth.

I love the fact that he talks about training as the players place of work. Nothing about football but work and hard at that.

How can a country that gave us Hugh McIlvanney and Bob Crampsey have sunk so low when it comes to what masquerades as todays sports journalism.

Compare and contrast with the top guys south of the border.Paul Hayward,Martin Samuel, Oliver Kay, Patrick Barclay etc.

I would struggle to name one journalist from Scotland who has the intelligence and integrity to even come close to them.

My father used to say "we get the press we deserve" and he was correct.

1st Journalist; Mark, Are you going to comment about Hibs reaction on Scott Allan wanting a transfer?

MW: No, He's not a Rangers player so I won't comment on another clubs player. :D

2nd Journalist: Have Rangers any intention of putting in another bid for Scott Allan?

MW: I have told you many times that I am paid to manage my squad of players,not to discuss players that are not Rangers players. :anguish:

1st Journalist: You have said that you are always looking for quality players; is Scott Alla.....

MW: I REFUSE TO TALK ABOUT ANY PLAYER AT ANOTHER CLUB. doh

3rd Journalist: If Hibs turn down another bid for Scott Allan will you try and get him on a pre seas.......

MW: NEXT QUESTION. :angry:

2nd Journalist: Mark! Can yo.....

MW: :angry: NAW! ya :wanker:

I enjoy listening to the man speak almost as much as I enjoy games. He was made to manage Rangers- dignified, measured, intelligent and fully in control.

I know what you mean mate . Dignity, class , educated, and only concerned about Rangers.what a change , what I expect a Rangers manager to be.i would not like to get on the wrong side of him though , he looks as though he can fuckin lose it if he needs to.

Whatever happens from now, at least we haven't got some ex player giving us excuses for players not matching our expectations , I know because I played here shite ie ally and macCall.

This guy knows the only thing that will appease us poor bastards , is Rangers Football Club as a whole striving to set the highest standards through hard work , skill and a vision for a secure future for the club.

What for me is even better, is he has signed and will only sign players who have the attitude to achieve the same.

I loved Walter , still do, and his trophy haul will never be surpassed, but this guy is THE manager Rangers need for now and the next few years for us to move forward and succeed.

Thanks Mr.Warburton, don't ever change.

No Surrender

Rab

What are you basing this on, mate? Has Miller been doing his badges?

As far as I know he hasn't done his badges so far, but that's not saying he's not in the process of doing so, plus the fact there is nothing to stop Miller helping out at training sessions if MW thinks he has the ability to add something different to the daily routine. The reason I said this is because a few years ago I was fortunate enough to have a talk with KM about coaching/tactics and he knows his stuff.

I don't think he really fancies being a TV pundit after his playing career is over but still wants to be involved in the game in a coaching sense. He has a similar philosophy to MW about how the game should be played.; also the fact that in a lot of pictures from training you see Miller talking to MW and DW while pointing things out as the other players are hard at work.

It's only a hunch of mine and I could be wrong, but if it happens I won't be surprised. :pipe: