Sandy Jardine

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down to Ibrox yesterday for Peterhead tickets and parked adjacent to John Greig statue to marvel at our magnificent stadium and remarked to my lad how great it would be if we had a Sandy statue at opposite end of main stand, this tribute is every bit if not more special and deserved.

am i right in thinking that jim baxter's ashes where also buried in that goal mouth along with 'tiger' shaws

You are correct about Tiger Shaw. During a tour I saw a small plaque on the wooded perimeter between pitch and track at the Copland goal with his name on it. Don't know about Slim.

am i right in thinking that jim baxter's ashes where also buried in that goal mouth along with 'tiger' shaws

You are correct about Tiger Shaw. During a tour I saw a small plaque on the wooded perimeter between pitch and track at the Copland goal with his name on it. Don't know about Slim.

Just gave Slim Jim a google and a story from BBC came up confirming it - won't link it.

I'm way too young to remember him as a player

Sandy%20Jardine.jpg

but I'll always remember him for standing up for our club in it's darkest days

BmBgo4hIYAAljcM.jpg-large.jpeg

Welcome home, Sandy. RIP.

There are just some things that make you greet cos you can't explain what it is that makes your heart burst with pride of being a Ranger, getting to share my happiness and sad times with you lot on here.ive tried to explain why it's so special and different being a Ranger than any other run of the mill follower., I never can quite get it out in completion.

.....but in this picture, Mr Jardine and us make it perfectly clear what it means....no words required.

Rangers are getting back to the values and traditions not seen, I honestly believe this as well, not seen since big Jock Wallace was the gaffer first time round.

Sandy will be leading the Copland Road Choir every other Saturday.

I'm actually choking up about us being appreciated for once. Pride and Honour are great for the soul, and nobody deserves a bit of respect from their club more than us.

But I will settle for them not caring about me, as long as piece by piece, they give me my Rangers back.2 all of it.

RIP Mr Jardine Sir

No Surrender

Rab