Tom Walsh

IainB

From Tom Walsh, the part that stands out about the new training regime "We’re not leaving until 4pm now, which is probably the way it should be but we’re not complaining because it is probably where we need to be to progress this year.”

The club is just getting more and more professional after years of neglect and incompetence.

<http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9736-walsh-ready-to-compete>

TOM Walsh says he is using the new additions to the Rangers squad as motivation to work harder; after missing out against Hibernian.

The 19-year-old hasn’t been deterred by Mark Warburton bringing in three players who could affect his chances of a first team place.

Jason Holt, Andy Halliday and Martyn Waghorn have all arrived over the summer to bolster the midfield and frontline but that is competition Walsh doesn’t mind.

He said: “I want to be playing, the same as everyone, and unfortunately I wasn’t involved against Hibs but I’m not getting my head down.

“I’m always going to keep pushing to break into the team because I know it is a long season and anything can change within a week so I am ready whenever the manager needs me.

“Hopefully in the Burnley game I showed enough out wide, because he has seen me in the middle of the park as well, that I can play in different positions and can come on whenever I’m needed.

“He spoke to me about his decision at the weekend and I was disappointed, the same as anyone would be, but I respect his decision and I’m not getting my head down.

“These guys are all good players and everybody knows that but at the end of the day it is good competition for the squad and everyone has got to try and be better than the rest to break into the team.

“Everyone is enjoying the new regime, the training and the manager’s ideas so it has been great and everybody is buzzing.

“We’re not leaving until 4pm now, which is probably the way it should be but we’re not complaining because it is probably where we need to be to progress this year.”

Walsh enjoyed a Development loan for the first part of last season with Stenhousemuir and his first game for the club was against Sunday’s League Cup opponents Peterhead.

That ended in a 1-0 win for The Blue Toon but the youngster is expecting an entirely different match when Rangers face them.

Walsh said: “I played Peterhead twice with Stenny last year when I was on loan and they beat us both times but we have to be confident going into this game.

“It is a cup final for them but we are at Ibrox and we have to give the fans a good showing and I’m sure we will.

“You want to win every cup you’re in and every game you play, so it doesn’t matter whether it is pre-season, cup or league, every game is massive.

“That is what it’s about being at this club - we take every game seriously so Peterhead will be no different.”

The circus that lasted for the last four seasons winds me up even more, the lack of professionalism on and off the park was outrageous.

See whats happened in the last few months could have been done at any time during that farce.