Eustace About To Sign, How Do We Line Up Now?

Gaz52

Assuming Allan doesn't sign I'd go with same team as against Hibs but It'll be good to have a midfield general protecting the back four. I'd move Holt up ahead of Templeton as Holt is more attack-minded than Law & Halliday and can easily just pick up pockets of space behind Waghorn and do damage.

MARK WARBURTON is ready to hand battle-hardened veteran John Eustace a two-year deal next week after insisting yesterday the 35-year-old would be a ‘great leader for us’.

The Rangers boss has assessed the former Watford and Derby County captain in training over the past three weeks as Eustace has worked on regaining his fitness levels after missing the last few months of the previous campaign with a knee injury.

Eustace is now nearing the required level of fitness and will almost certainly become Warburton’s eighth signing and could even be handed the captain’s armband.

Lee Wallace led the team out against Hibs last week and will do so against Peterhead in the League Cup tomorrow - and the defender was the player chosen to represent Rangers in a captain’s photocall organised by new league sponsors Ladbrokes earlier in the week.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think he's more effective than Templeton and Holt could do a good job playing as an attacking-mid

It's a fair point actually.

Law has converted his play into hard currency by being top scorer over the past two seasons.

As much as it pains me to say it, Templeton has done fuck all of note since being the 'marquee' signing when we were down in the depths.

I think Holt's defencive performance has been outstanding in the two games I've seen him - flying into tackles etc. I'd like to see him play deeper than suggested here.

Fair point mate the boy does get stuck in, looks like my man Law is getting papped :(

Also on this, is it a bit unfair taking the captaincy off Wallace? As Eustace is being touted as the next captain

It would of been unfair if he'd lost it to Wilson but it's understandable with Eustace IMO.

Also on this, is it a bit unfair taking the captaincy off Wallace? As Eustace is being touted as the next captain

I don't see Wallace as captain material at all. Eustace is obviously a proven leader and we need that in the team with there being a lot of younger players about now