Eustace About To Sign, How Do We Line Up Now?

Gaz52

Any of the current midfield 3 could be replace Templeton out wide. That's what I'd imagine will happen.

I'd thought we were all pleased that we were playing people in their natural positions?

We had enough of this pish with our last manager.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Eustace has been signed for specific games, he wont start in all games.

He'll be played in the tougher away games, St Mirren, Hibs, Queen of the South, the freezing cold midweek games away from home. Games we're we need to control the midfield as much as possible.

I think games at home where the teams are going to sit back and defend he'll be on the bench.

Despite the backing of MW, it would appear that Templeton is everybody's current boo boy. Would love it if he was to make all his doubters eat their words, - like Hutton, Moore and Adam (amongst many) before him.

I agree - let's give them all a fresh start instead of moaning about players and how they played under the embarrassment .

I'd thought we were all pleased that we were playing people in their natural positions?

We had enough of this pish with our last manager.

Calm down :lol:

Hallidays 'natural' position isn't CM. Same applies to Holt.

Stop your petty overreaction, our team is fluid with Warburton and there isn't much difference between CM and the positions Mckay and Templeton have played in the last few games. Hardly comparable to the previous Management.

Despite the backing of MW, it would appear that Templeton is everybody's current boo boy. Would love it if he was to make all his doubters eat their words, - like Hutton, Moore and Adam (amongst many) before him.

Think everyone would love him to come out and prove everyone wrong, hopefully some more time Mark Walberg's management and he'll come good.

C'mon mate, we've all witnessed just how pish Templeton is.

The boy has talent IMO. Unfortunately, in common with every other players on our books, he hasn't produced the goods on any kind of consistent basis over the last 12-18months. However, if MW is willing to wipe the slate clean and back him, so am I.

Having read this thread, the most refreshing thing is the level of competition we now have in a reasonably sized squad. Eustace coming in potentially for Templeton, law, holt or McKay...when was the last time we saw that level of competition for places at Rangers?

Don't think Halliday should be pushed wide Imo, we need steel and height in the middle if I would choose anyone from our current midfield to work on the wings it would be Holt, in replacement for temps. He is quick decent with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass, temps is more of a impact sub now!

All great suggestions and it is brilliant to see not only competition for places but a variety of options to change a game if it's necessary. That may well be the case if we are to do anything in the cups. Don't forget, the likes of Miller (he did score two goals after all) have not even been mention but are clearly potent if played correctly. I do have a sneaky feeling that (much as I like him) our goalkeeper will lose us a few goals from howlers. He will be a fabulous goalkeeper but might be another Calamity James. I do think we need another striker though. Maybe not right now but certainly in the next window.

think he will be decemt for us at least the MW has looked at him in training for 3 weeks before offfering him a deal.. if it was ally he would have been signed straight away on a 3 year deal with some ridiculous clauses on 15k a week! anyone know what he was on at derby? but in terms of how we line up i think we should drop temps and put halliday there i think someone was saying he can play on the left wing? and than have eustace as the holding role in midfield ofc.. would be a good mentor for murdoch as well!

Don't think Halliday should be pushed wide Imo, we need steel and height in the middle if I would choose anyone from our current midfield to work on the wings it would be Holt, in replacement for temps. He is quick decent with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass, temps is more of a impact sub now!

This, stick Holt on the right and McKay to the left, Holt is better with his left foot I reckon. I would drop Law before this though and play Walsh instead of Templeton.

Also on this, is it a bit unfair taking the captaincy off Wallace? As Eustace is being touted as the next captain

The right person should be the captain, the person who is a true leader. Sentiment should be left out of it. If Wallace isn't that person then it shouldn't be him.