A call for Malcolm Murray to meet Donald Findlay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Findlay still the Cowdenbeath chairman at this time? I'm not sure how he can act for a consortium intent on buying The Rangers whilst simultaneously being asked to play a role in where they will be in Scottish football.

Peter Lawwell does a similar two jobs in football !!!! :P

The fact that the request for a meet was agreed to was both constructive and appreciated by all those who were in favour of it.

The last minute change is certainly frustrating to those who think it will be helpful.

Hopefully it will happen later in the week.

SFL clubs are considering a proposal for Rangers to enter their league. DF is chairman of an SFL club. Therefore DF shouldn't be involving himself with bidders for Rangers. Clearly this is a potential conflict of interest.

SFL clubs are considering a proposal for Rangers to enter their league. DF is chairman of an SFL club. Therefore DF shouldn't be involving himself with bidders for Rangers. Clearly this is a potential conflict of interest.

Not if he is only acting as a lawyer in this role, if he was part of the Brown consortium, then yes he would have a conflict of interest.

Why should the chairman of my club meet him?

Lot of respect for DF.....but doesnt change the fact....nothing to do with him.

He is meeting him on behalf of the FANS who have raised issues - not on behalf of anyone else.

And for clarification before anyone asks, Bomber has stated that he is looking to buy the club, with Ibrox and Murray park etc then to be held in trust by the supporters, thus he is also acting on our behalf, as I assume that would be welcomed by all, whether you back Green and hate Bomber or not.

Why should Malcolm murray give donald findlay the time of day untill he is willing to make a serious offer of investment?

I put it to you that if I just turned up at your door demanding answers about how you bought your house/car/stuff in your shed cause i'm thinking of buying it you'd tell me to do one. And quite rightly so.

Murray made a very detailed and very public statement to address peoples concerns, why should he cave in and divulge all of his business information to what is essentially an outsider (previous rangers connections or not at this moment in time he is an outsider to the whole affair)

Let's stop making demands and giving ultimatums and get behind our team or we'll never get anywhere.

excellent post! 100% agree

He is meeting him on behalf of the FANS who have raised issues - not on behalf of anyone else.

And for clarification before anyone asks, Bomber has stated that he is looking to buy the club, with Ibrox and Murray park etc then to be held in trust by the supporters, thus he is also acting on our behalf, as I assume that would be welcomed by all, whether you back Green and hate Bomber or not.

In true 'forum' nature I can see why you say that. But the chairman made a statement that answered the queries Bomber asked. And, Im not being pedantic, but Bomber does not act on my behalf and for him to say/think he does is totally inaccurate.

I am not 'against' Bomber per se...but I wish business was conducted professionally, i.e. not through the newspapers and by using sound bites with media.

Good to debate...so cheers :beer1:

look it would be easy just to have the meeting and clear it all up

I agree we have more important stuff going on but with this out the way perhaps we can move forward

The concern has been raised and while some may be happy enough with the statement why not spend 10 mins and back it up

It should be that easy.

look it would be easy just to have the meeting and clear it all up

I agree we have more important stuff going on but with this out the way perhaps we can move forward

The concern has been raised and while some may be happy enough with the statement why not spend 10 mins and back it up

It should be that easy.

so you would share your own financial or business details with anyone who raised a concern?

In true 'forum' nature I can see why you say that. But the chairman made a statement that answered the queries Bomber asked. And, Im not being pedantic, but Bomber does not act on my behalf and for him to say/think he does is totally inaccurate.

I am not 'against' Bomber per se...but I wish business was conducted professionally, i.e. not through the newspapers and by using sound bites with media.

Good to debate...so cheers :beer1:

TBH mate I am just happy that we actually have choices rather than having a case of take it or leave it.

If Green can turn us around great, but there is more to it than business. We have the Div 1 offer, but they are going to hump us up and down, and we have the Div 3 offer, and they will hump us up and down, but at least we can never again be accused of getting off lightly or any other BS. With the majority that I have spoken to leaning towards the Div 3 option, this will be in direct opposition with what Green will want, as commercially I assume that Dic 1 will make more sense.

This is where we have conflict - naturally a Rangers man will make a different choice from a non-aligned business man.

Not if he is only acting as a lawyer in this role, if he was part of the Brown consortium, then yes he would have a conflict of interest.

That makes no sense. It is precisely as a lawyer that he has a potential conflict.

so you would share your own financial or business details with anyone who raised a concern?

No not financial stuff but if a concern has been raised about the title deeds then yes

whats the issue you say you own them your name is on the deeds then spend 10 mins and prove it

I dont know who to believe Im on no one side but I do know this issue will grow arms and legs if it isnt sorted.

Take 10 mins and fix it that is all Im saying.

Then we can move on

In addition to the fast moving events this week, the meeting proposed between Malcolm Murray/Charles Green/John Brown/Donald Findlay, will now take place tomorrow.

The questions which are to be tabled have been forwarded to Malcolm Murray in advance.

Barring any last minute cancellation or postponement, it is hoped that the meeting provides concrete clarification on various issues surrounding, amongst other things,Ibrox.

In addition to the fast moving events this week, the meeting proposed between Malcolm Murray/Charles Green/John Brown/Donald Findlay, will now take place tomorrow.

The questions which are to be tabled have been forwarded to Malcolm Murray in advance.

Barring any last minute cancellation or postponement, it is hoped that the meeting provides concrete clarification on various issues surrounding, amongst other things,Ibrox.

Who told you this Stew ? or as most would say 'sauce' :)

Green & Murray have agreed to meet Donald Findlay QC tomorrow. Questions have been sent to them in advance. -- Rangers Supporters (@rangersfctrust)

Personally think theres bigger fish to fry than deal with findlay tomorrow.