Transfers

7 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

All becuase he doesn't want to play in a certain position at RWB if the english champions come calling you go, arsenal are not what they usedto be, victor moses played in that position last season and didn't complain  and won the league what a chancer chamberlain is.

4 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

All becuase he doesn't want to play in a certain position at RWB if the english champions come calling you go, arsenal are not what they usedto be, victor moses played in that position last season and didn't complain  and won the league what a chancer chamberlain is.

I'd take Moses, as flawed as he is, at Arsenal. A decent player.

I think 40m for Chamberlain is an ok sum to be honest, but City's offer for Sanchez was pretty insulting even if it was straight cash.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'd take Moses, as flawed as he is, at Arsenal. A decent player.

I think 40m for Chamberlain is an ok sum to be honest, but City's offer for Sanchez was pretty insulting even if it was straight cash.

Why do you find £50 million insulting?

For a guy they can sign on a pre contract in 4mnths I would say it is quite a generous offer for a player that looks as though he has downed tools.

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Why do you find £50 million insulting?

For a guy they can sign on a pre contract in 4mnths I would say it is quite a generous offer for a player that looks as though he has downed tools.

I don't think Sanchez has downed tools. He's too professional.

City know that if they don't sign him by January then they will be competing against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG and possibly Chelsea and United for his signature. None of those clubs need Sanchez at the moment but are interested. City showed their hand today on just how much they want him by offering an established first team player plus cash for him.

It effectively makes the City transfer one that should not factor in his contract status. Arsenal know this and they should hold out for at least 75m.

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't think Sanchez has downed tools. He's too professional.

City know that if they don't sign him by January then they will be competing against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG and possibly Chelsea and United for his signature. None of those clubs need Sanchez at the moment but are interested. City showed their hand today on just how much they want him by offering an established first team player plus cash for him.

It effectively makes the City transfer one that should not factor in his contract status. Arsenal know this and they should hold out for at least 75m.

It doesn't matter who is interested in Sanchez.....the stark reality is he has under a year left on his contract, if clubs start a bidding war and pay 75mill for a guy who they effectively can sign on pre contract for free in 4months time then I'm sorry football will be well and truly fucked.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

It doesn't matter who is interested in Sanchez.....the stark reality is he has under a year left on his contract, if clubs start a bidding war and pay 75mill for a guy who they effectively can sign on pre contract for free in 4months time then I'm sorry football will be well and truly fucked.

I think you missed the point of my post. 

No club is interested in a bidding war at present. Only City are in for him. I'm saying that if he hasn't gone in this window then City are then in competition with a whole host of other clubs in January where all that matters is the signing on fee and wage structure. They don't want to let it get to that stage.

It's been well reported in the papers, especially the Mirror - which is pretty much the Arsenal Official News - that Arsenal value having him for one more season and letting him go for nothing than selling him cheaply now.

If he does go in this window for City then it will be closer to 75m than 50m.