1. Rangers

1. Jimmy Bell's Kitroom

55 times the Champions of Scottish Football.

6m

Leaving times for Supporters Busses, Contact Information and more...

1. Politics & Current Affairs

Discuss the more serious world issues.

Everything in the sports world that is non-Rangers related.

1.2m

Discuss the latest in video gaming

Post your coupons, tips, offers, boasts, etc.

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    EllonLoyal

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      10.3m
    • What's everyone's take on this piece of refereeing by Don O'Robertson?     I was watching it live and thought he'd given a (controversial) penalty (I'll explain why I don't think it's a penalty at the end*), but when he turned to face the other way I realised pretty quickly, that YET AGAIN he'd given celtic their typical 'foul in the build up' get-out-of-jail-free card (which was never ever a fucking foul) with a 6 second delay in between. It looks like an awful piece of refereeing but will the SFA say it was the correct protocol? Firstly,   the supposed foul takes place at 00.03s in the clip above.  2 players jumping for a cross, but the cross is too high and neither make contact.  It's never a foul, if it was, could you imagine a corner kick?  Players jumping into each other while not heading the ball must occur at every single corner (provided it's crossed in and not passed short).  To call that a foul is absolutely scandalous.  But, here's the thing, initially he doesn't.  He allows play to continue and even let's an Aberdeen player shoot from inside the box. Why?  Well, one explanation I've seen is that ref's take a similar approach to linesman in that they let play go on for a few seconds in case there is a goal, then make a ruling and check it with VAR.  Is that the correct protocol?  If it is, say Aberdeen score from the shot he allowed to take place, his plan all along was to then blow for a foul on Johnson?  Let's face it VAR was never ever overturning it anyway; so the situation was only ever bound for scandal had Aberdeen ended the sequence with a goal - or in this case, a penalty. The level at which celtic are protected at this point is unreal, celtic's first goal came from Kyogo robbing the CB of possession with 2-hands on the guys back and pushing him to the ground.  I prefer to see ref's allow some contact so I don't care too much it was deemed a foul, but it was more of a foul than Hoilliet jumping with Johnson to contest a header in the clip above. * in the interests of perspective, I might be one of the few who didn't think Carter-Vickers kicking Hoilett was a foul, in todays game it probably is given, but Hoilett doesn't play the ball or even get himself in a position to play it, he's literally on the floor doing the splits in order to stretch a leg into the path of Carter-Vickers kicking leg, that's dangerous play in my book. That is a player willfully trying to cause contact with another player or initiate a foul (without playing the ball) and could easily have ended up with either of them being injured. We're seeing more of these types of situations from guys desperate to win penalties and it will probably be stamped out soon.
    • Soutar scores fewer OGs than Goldson though. Probably becauae he can't get near enough to  the ball.
    • Let's hope it fucking pisses down there.     ...and there's me looking at weather forecasts for Dundee again.    PS Light rain forecast all week. 
    • Not confident on PSG at all, especially if they get Real 
  • Popular Contributors