Support is not loyal enough - Rangers board

The boards plan for the survival of the club hinges on the fans actually 'upping their loyalty' as this is what they have accounted for in the projections.

In what world do they actually live if they have banked on actually increasing the season ticket numbers, whilst increasing the prices and serving up the same rubbish on the football field by refusing to change the manager?

They are actually now claiming that if the club goes to the wall that they are blameless as it's all the fans fault?

This is even the case although they have repeatedly stated they have investment lined up and that they are planning on holding off on bringing in this investment?

King ain't perfect, but this lot are taking the piss.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a shock headline, but not really what was said is it?

The board talk pish, UOF talk pish etc etc etc.

All the blazer corporates talk pish, and always have.

So does your topic headline IMO

When the boards only plan is that they expect to increase season ticket numbers, whilst increasing prices and that if this doesnt happen, then its the fans fault that the club goes under, then I would say that the statement is pretty accurate.

What exactly did they say?

They signed off the accounts only on the basis that the club would sell greater numbers at a higher price thank in the previous 2 years.

Today Easdale stated :-

"So, I would ask [that] every loyal Rangers fan, and I pick my words correctly in saying loyal Rangers fan, supports the club at this time and gives it a chance.

"We don't want to go back to the dark days of administration. Everything's a possibility and at the moment we've got to look on a positive as a board, taking it forward."

They signed off the accounts only on the basis that the club would sell greater numbers at a higher price thank in the previous 2 years.

Today Easdale stated :-

"So, I would ask [that] every loyal Rangers fan, and I pick my words correctly in saying loyal Rangers fan, supports the club at this time and gives it a chance.

"We don't want to go back to the dark days of administration. Everything's a possibility and at the moment we've got to look on a positive as a board, taking it forward."

So where did the 'upping their loyalty' stuff come from? Did you just make it up?

When the boards only plan is that they expect to increase season ticket numbers, whilst increasing prices and that if this doesnt happen, then its the fans fault that the club goes under, then I would say that the statement is pretty accurate.

I understand your opinion and it is pretty accurate as you say but your headline should read "my opinion is that the board want the support to up their loyalty". But it doesn't does it?

No, that comes from the accounts, the ones that they had signed off, where they quite clearly state that they expect the fans to increase the number of season tickets sold, at higher prices.

No offence, but without quotes, I can't tell how reliable your input is.

Just leave it, I can always go direct to the source.

No offence, but without quotes, I can't tell how reliable your input is.

Just leave it, I can always go direct to the source.

No problem mate, its listed quite clearly in the accounts. Auditors also make reference to their concerns about this prediction by the board and inserted a note to that effect.

Tbh the loyal fans thing is just that continue to be loyal. This board have still currently done little wrong to date (not without twisting things anyway). I saw it as a compliment to the loyalty of the fans to date... And if you look deeper a potential dig at dingbat who doesn't even have a ST

I'd like to hope admin will delete this thread or at very least change the title as it's completely erroneous and at this crucial time do we need exaggerated threads like this spreading lies and innuendo.....please let's just stick to facts!

Support is not loyal enough - Rangers board

cept the board didn't say that - you did.

whats your motivation exactly?

The board have quite clearly laid out that their plan was to increase the price of season tickets and that they expected more fans to take them up than in the previous years. Argue if you like, but that is a fact which is laid out clearly in the accounts signed off by the auditors.

Easdale is now questioning the fans loyalty stating they should be taking up their season tickets regardless of who is in charge.

The boards plan for the survival of the club hinges on the fans actually 'upping their loyalty' as this is what they have accounted for in the projections.

In what world do they actually live if they have banked on actually increasing the season ticket numbers, whilst increasing the prices and serving up the same rubbish on the football field by refusing to change the manager?

They are actually now claiming that if the club goes to the wall that they are blameless as it's all the fans fault?

This is even the case although they have repeatedly stated they have investment lined up and that they are planning on holding off on bringing in this investment?

King ain't perfect, but this lot are taking the piss.

Please show me exactly where they say that "The Rangers Support is not Loyal enough" please.

The board have quite clearly laid out that their plan was to increase the price of season tickets and that they expected more fans to take them up than in the previous years. Argue if you like, but that is a fact which is laid out clearly in the accounts signed off by the auditors.

Easdale is now questioning the fans loyalty stating they should be taking up their season tickets regardless of who is in charge.

They projected an increase in ST sales as we go up the leagues.. is that not something we would all expect?

Easdale is asking people to support the Club no matter what. He didnt question the loyalty.. unless I am missing something?

Please provide the necessary quotes etc! (tu)