Ibrox Disaster

BlueVanguard

My old man was there with his 3 brothers. He's never, ever talked about it - I didn't even know he was there until my Gran told me a few years ago and described waiting for them to come home at the end of her close, not knowing if they had been caught up in it or not. A scene which was repeated at thousands of homes across the country.

:rip:

To the 66 who never made it home.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the days before mobile phones so many guys who were at the game knew nothing about it until much later that night. I remember reading in Alex Ferguson's book that his mother was in a real state when he got back to the house hours later because she hadn't heard from him and he knew nothing about what had happened :anguish:

In 2005 my eldest stepdaughter lost her fight with cancer at the age of 34. She was cremated and her ashes interred in a small plot in Markinch cemetary..........she was a true bearette. A year later her broken hearted Dad gave up the will to live and joined her there in that wee square on the wind-swept hill...........he was a true bear.

On quiet days I visit them and pass on our news, good or bad, they deserve to know.

Then I walk down towards the gate where the graves of those wee boys from this village are sited. The ones who went to the match and returned in coffins after our worst moment.

I can't talk to them for sobbing to myself. One day though they'll get to know about everyone and everything they've missed. I'll see to it, one day.

Fuck sake man, me and the bird just had a massive row, but it means nothing really.My dad and uncle cannot speak of the Ibrox disaster to this day, they were in the far end of the Copland,no way of communicating with anybody.I think sometimes my dad feels guilty, think it will kill him eventually, that he would normally any other week ,have left via stairway 13 and that one Bears life would have been saved had he been taken instead. I saw the pain most days, he was never relieved to have survived.he didnt go back to ibrox til he took me when the copland was rebuilt, because he promised my mum we would be home for a pie and beans by 7.Promised!!!

Scotland was united in grief that fateful day, human decency for once, for a tiny peiod showed its face in scottish society.Now you get TV journalists calling those that died fuckin Daleks.It is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard and Thomson should be castrated for even breathing it.Fuck sake 'people went to watch us take on celtic and never made it home to see their families.Nothing is even close to being worth that, no religious divide(and i hate everything those fuckers stand for as you know),how dare anybody say that about anybody that has died, let alone a wee 8 yo boy, who dropped off somebody's shoulders for only a split second>

No matter how much i hate they bastards, i would like to think that i would be one of the first ones on the pitch to help there support in need if the roles were reversed, its basic humanity, and most are fellow glaswegians anyway, much as though they deny it.

Why should a person , whose voice is heard in public by a few million, be allowed to mock our dead.?

I WOULD NOT STOP PUNCHING HIM TIL HE DIED IF I EVER SAW HIM IN THE STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Surrender

Rab

Was there on stairway 13, slid down grassy slope as we always did. Didnt see a thing.

Horrible memory of singing on the bus going home, not knowing what was unfolding at Ibrox. Rankles with me to this day.

Cant watch any of these documentries.