Strachan- Working Your Notice Doesn't Work Ally

JamieG54

He believes that hanging around when players know a manager is leaving just doesn’t work out – which is something that shouldn’t fill Rangers fans with hope in the event that McCoist does hang around.

Strachan said: “I was in a position at Southampton where I said to the chairman I was leaving in the summer, This was in the September.

“Only he – and somebody else – knew but it leaked about November when Southampton were fourth in the Premiership.

“I had to leave in February because there was a grey area there and that was with such a well-run club. It had become a grey area with the players - who would be the next manager and things like that? Rupert decided enough was enough.

“To me it didn’t make any difference but it seemed it did to everybody round about me when they knew the manager was moving on.

“It became different with the players. I couldn’t put my finger on it. They were still great with me and they kept working as hard as they could but there was a bit of a difference there.

VIEW GALLERY 

“Whether that will be the same for Ally I don’t know. There was a difference with Ally’s situation. I was at a stable club. It never changed at Southampton but Rangers is a bit different because there is turmoil in the background. Whether it makes any difference to the players or the staff at that club I don’t know.

“At Southampton, somebody set the situation off on a spin by leaking that I was going. But at Rangers it is already in full spin at the moment, so I don’t know how it will go from here.

“I’m sure most folk would agree that the club (Rangers) is not really sure how it is being run at the moment.”

McCoist has been showing signs of the stress he’s been under fighting the constant upheaval at Ibrox over the last three years.

And while Strachan would admit he’s never had to steer a club through the kind of financial carnage that has hit Ibrox, he knows what
pressure can do a manager in a physical and mental sense.

VIEW GALLERY 

He added: “I can tell signs of managers who are stressed. I’ve been watching managers who have been under
 pressure in England.

“I can tell right away – there are physical signs. Sores on their lips
– there’s one at the moment who has two of them. My wife will say to me, ‘He’s under pressure isn’t he?’ because she’s seen it.

“With me, I used to get a thing on my nose when I was under pressure.

“I wouldn’t go out for dinner on a Saturday night. I was talking to Paul Hartley recently and he said the same – he can’t arrange anything because he’ll spoil the night for everybody else who’s there. It’s better to just sit in the house.

“I would imagine it’s multiplied in Glasgow but any big, big job will have that stress.”

I'm probably crazy but I'd take that. He's a good manager and I don't think he really cared about Celtic anyway. If memory serves right did they not want rid of him because he wasn't like minded enough?

Fucking no chance,,,

", according to him he just loved the feel of the place, something very special ???? Oh so would you Manage Rangers ? Nah, Never. ??? FUCK HIM

I was talking to Paul Hartley recently and he said the same – he can’t arrange anything because he’ll spoil the night for everybody else who’s there. It’s better to just sit in the house.

That's just because Paul Hartley is a wanker though