The greatest ever ranger?

scarkev

A few years ago it was suggested on here that ally should now be regarded as the greatest ever ranger for his contribution as a player, coach and during our darkest days....something of which at the time I agreed with...

Now however there is a real risk his entire legacy will be tainted and those few remaining fans still supporting ally over the club will end up killing us unless something is done now!

Would the greatest ever ranger;

Continually belittle the fans with his inexplicable exuses and embarrassing remarks.

Continually lie to the fans and media to enhance his own standing and excuse his own ineptitude.

spend vast sums of money on players that aren't needed whilst ignoring talented youth.

Openly admit he has no long term plan and only cares about keeping himself in a job

Openly lie about knowing his own wage packet to try and convince nieve fans that he was doing some great gesture by taking a wage cut.

Publicly resign then continue to drag his feet until he gets his golden handshake, in the mean time damaging our own chances of promotion.

If he doesn't leave now he is worse than the likes of green, ahmad, whyte etc IMO because he is supposed to be one of us!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such title as greatest ever Ranger.

Rangers are the sum of the contributions, good and bad, made by many on and off the park in the last 142 years.

No one person is bigger than the club and we should never forget that.

Great Rangers always put the club first and that for me rules McCoist out of even being classed as a Rangers Great.

No one can dispute his goalscoring record but in the last few years, whilst the support has dug deep to keep the club going, he has been excessively rewarded for making us a laughing stock on the pitch with a team that is neither feared or respected by any team in Scotland.

For him to be paid and accept £750k after overseeing the worst results in our history is an affront to every Ranger past, present and future.

Have no respect for the man anymore. Not what i thought he was a... A Rangers legend. The scheming and the excuses he has been telling us so to serve his own interests while taking as much from the club as he can! He can get to fuck.

A title that is given through personal choice.

Struth, Wallace, Symon, Greig, McCoist, Smith, Jardine...etc

Everyone has their preferences and reasons. Not something you should concern yourself with kev.

You back for good, or just a flying visit?

I classed him as the greatest before all this, can't look on him the same tbh.

I agree with the comment above about the supporters being the greatest ever Rangers, everyone who's contributed in any shape or form since our demotion should be proud of themselves, whether it's buying season tickets or merchandise.

You put money into the club whilst others were filling their pockets taking money out of it.

A title that is given through personal choice.

Struth, Wallace, Symon, Greig, McCoist, Smith, Jardine...etc

Everyone has their preferences and reasons. Not something you should concern yourself with kev.

You back for good, or just a flying visit?

It very much is a personal opinion I agree but my point was many, including myself, were leaning towards ally a few years ago and even if he just wasn't a good manager it could be forgiven like with greig but the way things are going now I fear he is ruining his legacy completely!

I've just been scunnered with it to be honest Al, the football has been hard to watch at times and all the off field stuff just doesn't seem to want to end....see you and bp9 are still fighting the good fight!

It very much is a personal opinion I agree but my point was many, including myself, were leaning towards ally a few years ago and even if he just wasn't a good manager it could be forgiven like with greig but the way things are going now I fear he is ruining his legacy completely!

I've just been scunnered with it to be honest Al, the football has been hard to watch at times and all the off field stuff just doesn't seem to want to end....see you and bp9 are still fighting the good fight!

In time, the rage and anger will subside and people will again talk about our greatest goalscorer in the greatest Ranger conversation again.

I can't stand the vile insults, if the "good fight" is against that then yes I'll keep fighting. Good to have you back, I prefer your put downs the best.