employees or guardians

The Great Dane

I think we know very little not just about our current situation, but the day to day situations at a football club in general.

I still find it extremely hard to believe that men like McCoist and Durrant do not love the club, perhaps not the same as the average fan though.

Sure they do. In terms of the players, we just tend to think on here that if they're shite it's because they hate us and they're purposely, vindictively trying to hurt us.

Sometimes people are just shite.

I think we know very little not just about our current situation, but the day to day situations at a football club in general.

I still find it extremely hard to believe that men like McCoist and Durrant do not love the club, perhaps not the same as the average fan though.

I think once they start being paid to play, they treat it as a job/career & lose a lot of the feelings that we have as fans.

I suppose they've got to make some sort of break, as they're are only so many slots at your boyhood heroes & most people who make a living out of it don't play for they club they grew up supporting.

Also, whatever your view on the 'professional' in footballer, they'd go nuts if they followed the highs & lows that we fans go through, or took in the criticism that flies their way from the stands, so they need to find ways of blocking that out & keeping on an even keel.

I think we have two polars here, you want players that love the club and run through walls, but day to day staff I don't think it will really matter, in some cases they may be able to make the decisions that need to be made without and sentiment.

I think we have two polars here, you want players that love the club and run through walls, but day to day staff I don't think it will really matter, in some cases they may be able to make the decisions that need to be made without and sentiment.

In our case, they'd be Polar Bears!

We need to be cautious, make no mistake this is a war, as it turns out a war of attrition. Like all wars you are spoon fed propaganda and mis-information, those who are sure they know exactly what's going on are the most gullible of them all.

Those who can see both sides are equally culpable are by far the wisest.

Does anybody believe that anyone holds the club dear to their heart anymore or is it just a day job to the players/management/boardroom?

The individual board members are there to represent the interests of whoever maneuvered them in to that position. They're their to push their clients interests not the clubs but often those two can go hand in hand. I think the likes of Ally, Durrant, and McDowall are just done, they know they're done, and they're just hanging on for one last pay cheque before retirement. I don't know if we have any players that "hold the club dear". McCulloch perhaps?

Going by the ammount of mentalists on here they'd be Bi-Polar Bears :)

That was me, on Friday.

Lunchtime, my lad rang to say AMcC had resigned.

I'm humming, whistling tunes in a strange office for two hours, until I get a text to say that it hadn't been accepted!

Grrrrr!

He can't even get resigning right!

That was me, on Friday.

Lunchtime, my lad rang to say AMcC had resigned.

I'm humming, whistling tunes in a strange office for two hours, until I get a text to say that it hadn't been accepted!

Grrrrr!

He can't even get resigning right!

Same here, I was thinking Ibrox will be alive again, punters sick to the back teeth of our tortuous football, will all be buying up the half season books, new manager with new coaching staff around giving the place a lift, Christmas merchandise flying off the shelves.

What really happened is that he is still here, doubled his dough with more of the same shite on the horizon, a huge fan base keeping their hands in pockets and voting with their feet, makes fuck all sense to me.

Grrrrrrrrr! x loads.

Same here, I was thinking Ibrox will be alive again, punters sick to the back teeth of our tortuous football, will all be buying up the half season books, new manager with new coaching staff around giving the place a lift, Christmas merchandise flying off the shelves.

What really happened is that he is still here, doubled his dough with more of the same shite on the horizon, a huge fan base keeping their hands in pockets and voting with their feet, makes fuck all sense to me.

Grrrrrrrrr! x loads.

Gutting, isn't it?

Does anybody believe that anyone holds the club dear to their heart anymore or is it just a day job to the players/management/boardroom?

I believe Ally, Durrant, jig, at the very least hold the club at heart - and no it's not cash that drives them.!

Jnounj

Them and jig - I don't question Ally's motives - it sure as hell ain't cash - he got more as a tv pundit - so when he is making this play I wonder what the 'real' story is.

Was Ally really on more than £800000 a year through his TV and media work though ?

Well as we deal in rumour here the rumour was / is he was on £1.5m per annum - mind you like a lot if shite on here that's a rumour - if I say it with some comviction though I can pretend it's a fact

Ally was on £1.5 m mate!