Hateley article in DR about backstabbing McCoist

Gandalf the Blue

MARK HATELEY has today furiously denied a report that claimed he knifed Ally McCoist in the back.

Another newspaper said McCoist has been enraged by his belief former Rangers strike partner Hateley did the dirty on him on the behalf of the Easdales.

It has been claimed their relationship – formed 25 years ago – is now over after Hateley went behind his back on the behalf of the Easdales.

Hateley was spotted alongside chairman of the football board Sandy Easdale at recent defeats to Alloa and Queen of the South and McCoist fears his old pal is now in with the bricks of those who are plotting against him.

A report claimed there was a telephone conversation between Hateley and a former Ibrox star that enraged McCoist.

It’s said Hateley probed him on the role McCoist took at training and whether first team coach Ian Durrant led sessions. Hateley was also alleged to have even questioned whether McCoist was present during some sessions.

He said: "I’m astonished, angered and hurt by claims that have been made in a newspaper this morning.

"I have already contacted the football club to get this situation addressed immediately.

"I have also tried to phone Alistair this morning to explain to him that this is simply untrue."

IF (very big if as this is the rhebel) this is true, it sounds like Hateley had genuine concerns about the training going on at Murray Park.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MARK HATELEY has today furiously denied a report that claimed he knifed Ally McCoist in the back.

Another newspaper said McCoist has been enraged by his belief former Rangers strike partner Hateley did the dirty on him on the behalf of the Easdales.

It has been claimed their relationship – formed 25 years ago – is now over after Hateley went behind his back on the behalf of the Easdales.

Hateley was spotted alongside chairman of the football board Sandy Easdale at recent defeats to Alloa and Queen of the South and McCoist fears his old pal is now in with the bricks of those who are plotting against him.

A report claimed there was a telephone conversation between Hateley and a former Ibrox star that enraged McCoist.

It’s said Hateley probed him on the role McCoist took at training and whether first team coach Ian Durrant led sessions. Hateley was also alleged to have even questioned whether McCoist was present during some sessions.

He said: "I’m astonished, angered and hurt by claims that have been made in a newspaper this morning.

"I have already contacted the football club to get this situation addressed immediately.

"I have also tried to phone Alistair this morning to explain to him that this is simply untrue."

IF (very big if as this is the rhebel) this is true, it sounds like Hateley had genuine concerns about the training going on at Murray Park.

It's amazing how this 'story' has just appeared after Allys wage rise..

It's almost as if...

I'm not having any of that utter garbage .Please bears .Don't read anything that's in this gutter rhag .Any quotes and stories are just all going one way .Anti Rangers even if they use bears and ex players to dilute or to try to portray otherwise .It's just muck

Whilst I don't believe this story, if it were to be true, despite the negative connotations put forward in this article, it would indicate that the board were interested in how the training was being conducted, which is actually what we'd want to hear, since we've all been wondering what the fuck is going on in training that a team of top tier players regularly look outfought and out-thought by part timers.

So if true, which I doubt, then I'd have to give credit to the board for taking an interest, as it's not fully consistent with the "only here to line their pockets" line.

Whilst I don't believe this story, if it were to be true, despite the negative connotations put forward in this article, it would indicate that the board were interested in how the training was being conducted, which is actually what we'd want to hear, since we've all been wondering what the fuck is going on in training that a team of top tier players regularly look outfought and out-thought by part timers.

So if true, which I doubt, then I'd have to give credit to the board for taking an interest, as it's not fully consistent with the "only here to line their pockets" line.

The chairman of the football board to busy walking in and out of Ibrox to wander down to Auchenhowie and have a look himself? If we are believing the story, which we're not...

Lifted from FF, from the Sun.

ALLY McCOIST believes Mark Hateley has turned against him as the Ibrox saga took another sensational twist last night.

SunSport can reveal the friendship forged during almost ten years in the trenches at Rangers is now broken beyond repair.

Hateley has grown close to the Easdale brothers and was spotted alongside Sandy — chairman of Gers’ football board — at recent games against Alloa and Queen of the South.

We understand McCoist fears his former strike partner and pal is now firmly in the boardroom camp of those who have always opposed his tenure.

SunSport can reveal the explosive details of a telephone conversation between Hateley and a former Gers star that chilled McCoist and left him sickened.

It’s understood Hateley hadn’t spoken to the player — who is back training at Murray Park— for years before he called him this week.

We can reveal Hateley probed him on the role McCoist took at training and whether first team coach Ian Durrant was more hands-on. Hateley even questioned whether McCoist was present during some sessions.

It is viewed as an act of betrayal by those closest to McCoist after the Gers gaffer held crunch talks over his Ibrox future.

McCoist and Hateley formed one of the most lethal partnerships in the club’s history and helped gun down Leeds in the 1992 Battle of Britain.

Another rebel article handed over by the Ally camp to use a spin against the board

Over at FF they seem to think that it's Novo that Hateley called and asked about Ally, then Novo told Ally.

Swore I read on here before Novo didn't like Ally anymore coz he didn't bring him back then he ended up at Morton.

Seriously, we can believe nothing anymore.